Interview with Terry Reid - Sept 7th 2018

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but this is a very recent interview with Terry Reid. His memory seems a little erratic in places (!) but I was intrigued by him saying Plant was staying at his house while he was making his mind up whether to join the Yardbirds or not.

2 hours ago, 76229 said:

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but this is a very recent interview with Terry Reid. His memory seems a little erratic in places (!) but I was intrigued by him saying Plant was staying at his house while he was making his mind up whether to join the Yardbirds or not.

I haven't listened to this interview yet but Terry has said before that he crossed paths with a penniless Plant on Oxford Street, who was in town trying to get money from his manger. Robert accompanied him on the train to Cambridge, during which Reid told him about the opportunity to work with Page. If I recall correctly Reid was still living in Cambridge at the time, so Robert may well have crashed at his home for the night or stayed awhile.

Archived