Studio albums - your top 5

Reynoldo

I haven't listened to a LZ album since 1990! :o

Which is when I got the first Box Set. Now with them on my hard drive, my MP3 player and everything on an MP3Pro disc too I put the whole catalogue on random play. There aren't many tracks I skip either.

I haven't listened to a LZ album since 1990! :o

Which is when I got the first Box Set. Now with them on my hard drive, my MP3 player and everything on an MP3Pro disc too I put the whole catalogue on random play. There aren't many tracks I skip either.

I think it's time you became reacquainted with them.

• 2 years later...

It's hard to rate LZ's albums. I love them all. But if I had to.....

1)LZ II - It's the perfect rock album to usher in the 1970's and made them superstars

plus it's most recognizable song (Whole Lotta Love) defines the post hippie era.

2)LZ IV - An album that has Black Dog, When the Levee Breaks and Stairway to Heaven on it

can be nothing but a masterpiece. And the rest of the songs aren't bad either.

3)Physical Graffiti - A double album filled end to end with quality songs. No fillers here.And probably their signature song in Kashmir, but for me it's In My Time of Dying and Ten Years Gone that make this album great.

4)LZ III - I don't know why, but this really is the album I like the best. Every song is

unique in it's own way and it shows how much they grew from the first two

5) Presence - Back to basics and it sounds damn good with phones on turned up loud.

LZ 2 is my favorite. It is a Rock album to be studied for all of time. The Lemon Song is the highlight.

PG. This is an epic. It has all the sides to Zep. Custard Pie/IMTOD/10YG.

LZ 1. Great debut. HMMT/GTBT/DC

LZ 3. Great album for traveling with. IS/CD/OOTT/GP/TTW.

ZoSo. Has to be in there. WTLB/MMH/RR/BD

I do like HOTH but I find the songs are better on TSRTS or HTWWO.

Mc7

• 5 weeks later...

Archived