Cleveland 4/28/77 alternate source

ZepHead315

4 minutes ago, marcio614 said:

i want that you know that the fans of the led zeppelin dont know the truth about the group                                                                                                                            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                                                           

i want that you know that i want know                                                                                                                                                                                                                   how to contact the argenteumastrum site or by email because                                                                                                                                                                        the site is always unavailable and i need do this contact and                                                                                                                                                                                  confirm if is possible do the contact with him and                                                                                                                                                                                                he is available to do the contact that is good                                                                                                                                                                                                              and thank you.

Is this a poem? 

• 6 months later...
On 1/4/2019 at 7:36 AM, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

This morning I read a statement on http://www.argenteumastrum.com which I found very upsetting:

"I just received an email with the following blackmail content from the user named evsd4, much likely as a revenge of my kind request of not publishing recently uploaded Cleveland tape.

For goodness sake stop getting drawn into the debate on bootleggers and hoarders. You are not doing yourself any justice at all.

It is widely known you are a mouthpiece for Empress Valley Supreme Disc. Do not do yourself a dis-service by getting into an argument on this issue. If you do I will upload to every Led Zeppelin forum the complete sordid tale of this particular source and everything else you have fucked and sabotaged to the Led Zeppelin community at large!!!

Cool off or take the consequences!!!!!!!!!!

Please be aware that if any of these will continue, I will be obligated to take legal actions to stop that silliness and inform the authorities immediately."

I don't know who "evsd4" is, and frankly I don't give a f... All I know is, that the guy behind http://www.argenteumastrum.com (and most of us know who he is) is doing his upmost best in providing us with information about the newest LZ-titles from EV, but also from EAP/GE, Wendy, Graf Zeppelin etc.

In my opinion he is far from a mouthpiece for EVSD. Multiple times I've asked whether or not he could provide me with a special EVSD-box but he couldn't because he thought the titles didn't add anything new to existing titles in circulation. He didn't have nor sell the latest 929-boxes because of the disappointment they didn't release the complete show. As a matter of fact he asked me for lossless copies of "Immigrant Song", "Black Dog", "Stairway" and "Friends" from the 928 and 929 shows because he missed them when they were released.

So EVSD4 - when you're reading this - stop accusing and threatening people when you don't know s... about them!

Let the guy continue with what he knows and does best and provide us with information about new releases and the site being an excellent reference for Led Zeppelin audio & video - cd, vinyl & shows!

On 1/4/2019 at 1:25 PM, Strider said:

I don't know who argenteum astrum is but I find his site extremely valuable and fair. I don't sense a bias towards or against any one label. He generally calls 'em straight and is looking out for us consumers, noting which sources are complete and telling us which releases have been tampered with.

I find it curious that the person who accuses argenteum astrum of being a mouthpiece for EVSD has evsd as his user name. Sounds fishy to me.

Argenteum Astrum has shilled for bootleg labels before- he was one of the prime movers behind the infamous "Not from the internet!" TCOLZ label about ten years back and I am STILL fucking convinced he's the guy who leaked the info about Freezer's Baton Rouge '77 recording to TCOLZ as well. As for this Cleveland 28-4-77 alt source AA mentioned the existence of it on his site years ago, that's how i first heard about it. So now he's making it like he's doing the "community" a big fucking favour by sharing it out after hoarding the goddamn thing for Christ knows how long. I found the alt source through Royal Orleans so obviously they got hold of it as well. Never seen it on any torrent site, though, and maybe that should change...

AA isn't a mouthpiece for EV, that's for sure. No one has an access to raw soundboards the EV released. The Freezer's Baton Rouge 77 is reported to be in the hands of hoarders only, and as for now, it hasn't been in circulation yet. The alt Cleveland 77 show wasn't in circulation - it was an agreement between the taper and AA to not to share this tape but, for some unknown reasons,. T2K got a copy and eventually released it last year (likely the tape had leaked from someone, who got an access to this recording).

Edited by zepster1979

6 hours ago, zepster1979 said:

AA isn't a mouthpiece for EV, that's for sure. No one has an access to raw soundboards the EV released. The Freezer's Baton Rouge 77 is reported to be in the hands of hoarders only, and as for now, it hasn't been in circulation yet. The alt Cleveland 77 show wasn't in circulation - it was an agreement between the taper and AA to not to share this tape but, for some unknown reasons,. T2K got a copy and eventually released it last year (likely the tape had leaked from someone, who got an access to this recording).

Correct on all fronts. The business with AA and the TCOLZ label was ten years ago now, water under the bridge, as is the whole kerfuffle over Freezer's Baton Rouge tape. Hell, I've been outta the loop these last few months, so I was surprised to discover the Cleveland alt source was finally making the rounds to a certain degree, damn right I grabbed it, been wanting to hear that puppy for years😄 For sure it hasn't appeared on dime or anyplace like that, though. I should toss it up there, if I can remember how to upload a fucking torrent😄

13 hours ago, Nutrocker said:

Argenteum Astrum has shilled for bootleg labels before- he was one of the prime movers behind the infamous "Not from the internet!" TCOLZ label about ten years back and I am STILL fucking convinced he's the guy who leaked the info about Freezer's Baton Rouge '77 recording to TCOLZ as well. As for this Cleveland 28-4-77 alt source AA mentioned the existence of it on his site years ago, that's how i first heard about it. So now he's making it like he's doing the "community" a big fucking favour by sharing it out after hoarding the goddamn thing for Christ knows how long. I found the alt source through Royal Orleans so obviously they got hold of it as well. Never seen it on any torrent site, though, and maybe that should change...

First of all, a hearty WELCOME BACK NUTROCKER!!! I missed ya'. It gets lonely here trying to defend and explain the 1977 tour without you.

Secondly, I was never involved in trading circles to the extent you are, so I bow to your knowledge of the persons and particulars involved. It's always been a shame there has to be so much drama in the Led Zeppelin bootleg and trading community.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Secondly, I was never involved in trading circles to the extent you are, so I bow to your knowledge of the persons and particulars involved. It's always been a shame there has to be so much drama in the Led Zeppelin bootleg and trading community.

I agree.   That’s why I post here.   Not much drama when it comes to live shows. Just people who enjoy them - or not enjoy them!  I’ve seen some forums where people just constantly rip Jimmy to pieces, says ITTOD is a horrible album and don’t like songs like Bring it On Home or Dancing Days or All My Love or Fool in the Rain.   I keep thinking why even listen to the band if you don’t like those songs and albums.  Seems there is a lot less drama here...

3 hours ago, Strider said:

It gets lonely here trying to defend and explain the 1977 tour without you.

I will gladly defend the 1977 tour and explain it from my point of view any time.  Only time I saw them.  Just missed 1975 MSG because parents said I was too young (15 going on 16) to go to the City with my older brother and his friends.  Sure the tour had its low points but so much of it was just amazing and over the top.

5 hours ago, Strider said:

First of all, a hearty WELCOME BACK NUTROCKER!!! I missed ya'. It gets lonely here trying to defend and explain the 1977 tour without you.

Howdy, Strider...yeah, been busy with real life shit but stumbling across this Cleveland recording after all these years got my attention, as any 'new' 1977 goodie will 🤣 

So lemme get this straight: in spite of AA having this recording listed on his site for years it was only released to the public (to a limited degree) late last year? And it was supposedly another one of these dealy-o's where it was supposed to be kept under wraps or no more uncirculated tapes from the taper? I am getting a distinct sense of déjà vu here... 😂 

23 hours ago, Nutrocker said:

Correct on all fronts. The business with AA and the TCOLZ label was ten years ago now, water under the bridge, as is the whole kerfuffle over Freezer's Baton Rouge tape. Hell, I've been outta the loop these last few months, so I was surprised to discover the Cleveland alt source was finally making the rounds to a certain degree, damn right I grabbed it, been wanting to hear that puppy for years😄 For sure it hasn't appeared on dime or anyplace like that, though. I should toss it up there, if I can remember how to upload a fucking torrent😄

I really doubt if he got any serious connection with TCOLZ or any other label. Praise something doesn't mean you're involving into anything. The Baton Rouge accident was just coincidental, and I really cannot believe he got any access to that tape (no evidence of this source being circulated on his website).

Edited by zepster1979

1 hour ago, zepster1979 said:

I really doubt if he got any serious connection with TCOLZ or any other label. Praise something doesn't mean you're involving into anything. The Baton Rouge accident was just coincidental, and I really cannot believe he got any access to that tape (no evidence of this source being circulated on his website).

Aren’t you AA?

I thought that was common knowledge...

2 hours ago, Sticks of Fire said:

It’s highly possible the Baton Rogue 1977 Freezer tape doesn’t exist, nor the 1971 New Orleans.  I believe he was the type who wanted people to hear his tapes.  If those existed we would have already.

New Orleans 71 exists without a doubt. Freezer gave a CDR copy to weedwacker (along with a 1971 Yes show at the Warehouse), with the hopes that he could fix the speed issues with those two recordings (if you've ever heard Dublin 71, that's what happens with those two recordings). The recordings were taped with Reggie the Bullet's reel deck (Reggie's circulating Dallas 69 recording should give you an idea of SQ). Weedwacker doesn't have the CDRs anymore, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, pluribus said:

Aren’t you AA?

I thought that was common knowledge...

He most certainly is.

5 minutes ago, ed141 said:

New Orleans 71 exists without a doubt. Freezer gave a CDR copy to weedwacker (along with a 1971 Yes show at the Warehouse), with the hopes that he could fix the speed issues with those two recordings (if you've ever heard Dublin 71, that's what happens with those two recordings). The recordings were taped with Reggie the Bullet's reel deck (Reggie's circulating Dallas 69 recording should give you an idea of SQ). Weedwacker doesn't have the CDRs anymore, unfortunately.

Sure...you believe all of that?

33 minutes ago, ed141 said:

That info comes from Weedwacker himself. He posted all of that at Royal Orleans a couple of years ago in a public section of the forum.

Weedwacker (Andy) is a good guy but I think he got a little burnt out on transfers and worse; criticism from the Zeppelin live collectors circles.  

Perhaps he said that to get a rise out of the anal types as an internet prank? 😜

Edited by Sticks of Fire

28 minutes ago, Sticks of Fire said:

Weedwacker (Andy) is a good guy but I think he got a little burnt out on transfers and worse; criticism from the Zeppelin live collectors circles.  

Perhaps he said that to get a rise out of the anal types as an internet prank? 😜

After looking at the original post, I do think he was serious.

15 hours ago, Sticks of Fire said:

It’s highly possible the Baton Rogue 1977 Freezer tape doesn’t exist, nor the 1971 New Orleans.  I believe he was the type who wanted people to hear his tapes.  If those existed we would have already.

13 hours ago, ed141 said:

He most certainly is.

Remember back when Freezer had his "12th Gen" version of the '75 Baton Rouge recording uploaded and they originally included a sample from the '71 tape ("Immigrant Song", if memory serves)- said torrent was pulled at Dime and the DEN they weren't happy with Freezer's lineage claims on the '71 source sample. Hell, Freezer told me in the summer of 2008 that he had intended to share out the '71 recording in addition to the '77 Baton Rouge tape but when the TCOLZ people heard the '77 tape might be coming out he thought twice on the '71. Those tapes indeed exist, gentlemen- buried in either the huge "Where do these new sources?" or "Freezer's Revenge" threads at the Den Freezer and a couple of his buddies actually discuss some of the Plantations heard on the '77 tape. I'd be willing to bet maybe only a dozen people -if that- have those recordings directly from Freezer, including the head moderator at the Trader's Den site. And after all these years those recordings are STILL under wraps to the masses...

But consider that it took almost ten years or so since this Cleveland alternate source was first mentioned on AA's site for it to be shared out publicly. 

7 hours ago, Nutrocker said:

Remember back when Freezer had his "12th Gen" version of the '75 Baton Rouge recording uploaded and they originally included a sample from the '71 tape ("Immigrant Song", if memory serves)- said torrent was pulled at Dime and the DEN they weren't happy with Freezer's lineage claims on the '71 source sample. Hell, Freezer told me in the summer of 2008 that he had intended to share out the '71 recording in addition to the '77 Baton Rouge tape but when the TCOLZ people heard the '77 tape might be coming out he thought twice on the '71. Those tapes indeed exist, gentlemen- buried in either the huge "Where do these new sources?" or "Freezer's Revenge" threads at the Den Freezer and a couple of his buddies actually discuss some of the Plantations heard on the '77 tape. I'd be willing to bet maybe only a dozen people -if that- have those recordings directly from Freezer, including the head moderator at the Trader's Den site. And after all these years those recordings are STILL under wraps to the masses...

But consider that it took almost ten years or so since this Cleveland alternate source was first mentioned on AA's site for it to be shared out publicly. 

I’m not sure a sample of New Orleans 1971 was ever posted anywhere.  If someone is a member of RO.com, ask Pernod or Your Overlord, they would know for sure.  

24 minutes ago, Sticks of Fire said:

I’m not sure a sample of New Orleans 1971 was ever posted anywhere.  If someone is a member of RO.com, ask Pernod or Your Overlord, they would know for sure.  

That IS sample was fake, included with the torrent as a joke