I'm calling it- On January 12th, I think Page will announce a release date for a new live album.

I admire the OPs optimism but personally I don’t think there’s much chance of anything else being released January or at  any other time. Given Jimmy’s abrupt response when questioned recently on a reunion, he sounds to me like he’s done and dusted.  Hope I’m wrong, but I doubt I am. 

3 hours ago, Paganini said:

I admire the OPs optimism but personally I don’t think there’s much chance of anything else being released January or at  any other time. Given Jimmy’s abrupt response when questioned recently on a reunion, he sounds to me like he’s done and dusted.  Hope I’m wrong, but I doubt I am. 

That was about specifically a reunion though, not further releases. He did say there was another multitrack in the pipeline with "a different view of the band" and I'm holding him to that...!

James wants to be very careful with his legacy.

Like that girl in class who was the ultimate hold out 

by the time she was ready nobody was interested anymore.

Page is overconfident of his brand, clock ticking, customer base ageing

Pretty soon nobody buying.

3 hours ago, andrew r said:

James wants to be very careful with his legacy.

Like that girl in class who was the ultimate hold out 

by the time she was ready nobody was interested anymore.

Page is overconfident of his brand, clock ticking, customer base ageing

Pretty soon nobody buying.

I get your point, but the day when nobody's buying Zeppelin is a long way away. Page knows that. I also suspect there was more planned for this year, but band disagreements pushed things back.

2 hours ago, 76229 said:

I get your point, but the day when nobody's buying Zeppelin is a long way away. Page knows that. I also suspect there was more planned for this year, but band disagreements pushed things back.

I agree not nobody,  but enough people , to not have the sale volumes these projects require.

Look at the careful way the Beatles back catalogue is handled .As a result every release sells.

Through a collective band ennui and bad decisions (trsts, the book with hardly any commentary

too many interviews that say nothing) the head of steam built up since dvd and the o2 is being squandered.

My 2 cents only .

6 hours ago, andrew r said:

I agree not nobody,  but enough people , to not have the sale volumes these projects require.

Look at the careful way the Beatles back catalogue is handled .As a result every release sells.

Through a collective band ennui and bad decisions (trsts, the book with hardly any commentary

too many interviews that say nothing) the head of steam built up since dvd and the o2 is being squandered.

My 2 cents only .

I think Jimmy Page runs the risk of losing credibility for suggesting too much. In interviews, he spoke about all manner of surprises (or something to that effect) for the 50th anniversary of the band. The anniversary has been underwhelming and disappointing, in my opinion. The re-release of TSRTS, and a photo album weren't much to get too excited about, and fell a bit short in terms of what Page implied in his earlier statements. Maybe it's just me.

I think the Fall of 2018 was a missed opportunity, I was hoping for a live recording from 1968, but that seems like a pipe dream, but then again, perhaps Page will surprise the fans in January 2019 with something that truly can be called a "surprise" for the band's anniversary.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, reids said:

Maybe one of them is the Led Zeppelin Experience (streaming service) along with the confirmed Dragon Tele limited edition guitars. 

R😎🎸👍

The article suggests that because the message was posted on Jimmy Page's personal website, rather than the Led Zeppelin website, means is more likely to be referring to website projects around his solo career.

Maybe a Coverdale-Page box set is in the works, or a Firm or an Outrider box set. I would love those kinds of things.

23 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

The article suggests that because the message was posted on Jimmy Page's personal website, rather than the Led Zeppelin website, means is more likely to be referring to website projects around his solo career.

Maybe a Coverdale-Page box set is in the works, or a Firm or an Outrider box set. I would love those kinds of things.

Agreed. Anything would be good from him w/ The least likely being a new solo release. 

R😎👍 

Archived