Jimmy Page x Fender… Coming January 2019

The Pagemeister

Just checked the Musician's Friend website.  A Fender Custom Shop Merle Haggard model Tele is listed for $6,760.00.  The Fender Custom Shop Bob Bain "Son of the Gunn" tele model is listed at $9,500.00.  i can only imagine what the Jimmy Page Custom Shop "Hand-Painted Dragon" Tele would go for!

6 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

I'll be shocked if there's a dragon on it.

It's a replica, two editions....one with the dragon painting, one with the mirror top. There will be a production line run, for mass market and hand signed custom copies , only 50 made of each style. Beaucoup dollars for sure on the custom pieces. Prob over 10K....maybe double! 

5 hours ago, porgie66 said:

It's a replica, two editions....one with the dragon painting, one with the mirror top. There will be a production line run, for mass market and hand signed custom copies , only 50 made of each style. Beaucoup dollars for sure on the custom pieces. Prob over 10K....maybe double! 

WoW!  Damn, I don't play guitar but if I had the money I would buy one in a heartbeat.

• 2 months later...

I just got back from a Music Store in Los Angeles, CA and the "tentative" pricing I'm hearing is that a Master Built Fender Telecaster Sets (Pre-Dragon & Dragon) are being sold for $50K.
I asked if that was $25K each and the store owner said yes.   There was a JP Pre-Dragon Telecaster American made Telecaster in a fender catalog which interestingly had NO MIRRORED CIRCLE's on it!  

The photo offered to the store by Fender for the Custom Shop Master Built Dragon Telecaster was literally this photo!!!

JNjhqno.jpg

So even though guitar dealers have begun taking full payment for the master built custom shop set and in some cases selling individual guitars from the set, this photo is all they have to go on.

The Dragon will also be offered in a made in Mexico version for around $1399.00 USD.

The fact that there are buyers who will pay $50K for a Fender Custom Shop "Master Built" Dragon Telecaster set, (one with the mirrors I presume and the other being the dragon aged) without even knowing how the paint job or aging will look like, simply amazes me.    

"The legend" of this guitar continues to mystify...

Would love to hear what people think of the Dragon Telecaster being referred to as "Excalibur" by Page himself.     It's an interesting comment.

Archived