Led Zeppelin Fans Who are Doctor Who Fans

Christopher Lees

I grew up watching Tom Baker in Doctor WHO in the late 70s and early 80s. I've been watching it again for the first time since 1982 or so and it's such a flashback! Funny thing, I somehow get the feeling that fans of Zep would likely be fans of Doctor WHO, but I don't know why. I do realize that some of the lyrics to Kashmir seem to talk about a man that travels time and space, but I'm reaching beyond that. In some weird existential sense, I somehow get the feeling that there is some kind of hidden connection between Doctor WHO and Led Zeppelin. LOL! How many fans of both do we have here at the Zeppelin forum?

4 minutes ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Kashmir's lyrics are about a DMT trip.

Guaranteed, especially how Percy had never even been there physically.

All the lyrics fall in line with what goes on in a DMT trip

As the tune was written in 74', no one knew what DMT was until the 90's, and no member had been to Peru (where Ayawasca aka DMT is from) I doubt this is describing a DMT experience. All the lyrics fall in line with a creative imagination, a vivid dream, or a host of hallucinogenic experiences outside of DMT.

There is only one Doctor and that is the amazing Tom Baker and his lovely assistant Sarah Jane. This is the Dr. I grew up on and indeed see parallels between the Kashmir lyrics and a possible Dr. Who connection. Of course this is just circumstantial as I am sure the lyrics could have been influenced by may things and experiences.

Great show though

3 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

There is only one Doctor and that is the amazing Tom Baker and his lovely assistant Sarah Jane. This is the Dr. I grew up on and indeed see parallels between the Kashmir lyrics and a possible Dr. Who connection. Of course this is just circumstantial as I am sure the lyrics could have been influenced by may things and experiences.

Great show though

Sara Jane is a lovely assistant! I was just thinking that the other day, saying to myself, "This lady is so pretty". No ink stains all over her body, modestly dressed and very classy. How things have changed. Girls just aren't like that anymore. Tom Baker was the doctor from 74 to 82, or in Zep parlance, from Physical Graffiti to Coda.

Archived