Anyone know other locations that the photo I uploaded lives at?

The Mysterious One

7 hours ago, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

if confused by the beard era, always go by the "he's had a haircut and grown a beard love" plantation.

Which is LA Forum Sep 4 70

These photos were shot during their 7th US tour in August 1971, Hyatt House in LA. You can identify the era by their haircuts/lenght & beards/no beards and Bonzo`s weight(lol).

Jimmy indeed looked very similar in August 71 and September 70. They even confused  it on Jimmy Page.com & in the Jimmy Page book, by dating  Forum 70 photos as Forum 71 photos.

But they got it right on the LZ.com timeline. By August 71 JP´s hair and beard is a tad longer, JPJ´s hair is noticeable shorter, RP has no beard, and Bonzo has slightly(!) overweight.(compared to Sept. 70)

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:10 AM, The Only Way To Fly said:

I wonder who made the quip/joke that has Plant trying to hold back the laugh and has Bonzo laugh out loud. What I love about this period is that they all seem SO happy - not only off stage, but on  stage as well. You can tell they were really killing it each and every night during this period. 

Bonzo "Did he fuckin' say cheese".

On 11/24/2018 at 4:10 AM, The Only Way To Fly said:

I wonder who made the quip/joke that has Plant trying to hold back the laugh and has Bonzo laugh out loud. What I love about this period is that they all seem SO happy - not only off stage, but on  stage as well. You can tell they were really killing it each and every night during this period. 

Probably taking the piss out of Jimmy about something

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2018 at 4:16 PM, The Mysterious One said:

I have always like this particular photo from that photo shoot.  There are MANY similar pictures from this photo op but the one I uploaded I thought was one of the better ones.

again- I am just looking for other locations that this photo lives at....

I can’t even find this poster anymore.

DDF05414-4D3C-42E0-B75A-AF49E681D1B8.jpeg

Jim Marshall shot all these photos at the Riot House (Continental Hyatt) in August 1971. He has had several books of his photographs published over the years and I am sure you could find this photo in one of his books.

On 11/23/2018 at 6:30 AM, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Image result for led zeppelin hyatt house 70

No, it is not 1970. I don't know where you got that photo but the date is egregiously wrong. Jimmy Page was clean-shaven for the March 27, 1970 L.A. Forum gig.

On 11/23/2018 at 6:41 AM, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

if confused by the beard era, always go by the "he's had a haircut and grown a beard love" plantation.

Which is LA Forum Sep 4 70

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. All of these Jim Marshall photos posted on this thread are from August 1971.

Listen up...for this is the last time I am going to explain it.

March 27, 1970 Forum: Page has no beard.

September 4, 1970 Forum: Page has a beard but hair is relatively short, just off shoulders. Plant has a mustache and goatee. Jones has only a mustache.

August 21-22, 1971 Forum: Page has beard and hair is hanging past his shoulders. Plant is clean-shaven. Jones has grown a beard to go along with his mustache.

It really is surprising how often Led Zeppelin photos get mislabeled and misdated. Even by supposedly professional media outlets with proofreaders and fact checkers at their disposal. The NME just put out one of those 50th Anniversary Led Zeppelin issues and right away I spotted a glaring error...a photo of the June 1969 RAH gig is misdated as being from January 9, 1970 RAH.

It's not rocket science.

Jones is always the dead giveaway when figuring out 70' or 71' as his hair was very, very long in 70' but by 71' he cut it much shorter. Plant however depending on the month in 71' had the mustache and goatee like he did in 70' however if you see Jones with the shorter hair and beard it is without a doubt 71'.

Photo shoot is from 8/22/71. The video shows the band in the exact same clothes. Plant just put a smaller shirt on for the show.

They probably took those photos at the Riot House, hopped in a car, and did the second Forum gig. Pretty cool moment in time. 

Archived