ROBERT PLANT Performs ELVIS PRESLEY Covers At Ex-Wife's 70th-Birthday Party (Video)

zeplz71

LED ZEPPELIN legend Robert Plant performed at the 70th-birthday party for his ex-wife, Maureen Plant, on November 23 at The Fox Inn in Stourton, United Kingdom. Robert joined local band THE HAYRIDERS for three Elvis Presley songs: "One Night With You", "Little Sister" and "A Big Hunk O’ Love".

The Indian-born Maureen was Robert's first wife. They married in 1968 and had three children together. Tragically, his middle child Karac died of a stomach infection at age five during LED ZEPPELIN's 1977 U.S. tour, and later, Plant and John Paul Jones wrote the song "All My Love" in tribute to him.

Plant divorced Maureen in 1983 and entered a relationship with her sister Shirley, with whom he had another child in 1991.

In 1975, Robert and Maureen suffered serious injuries after a car crash in Greece.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/robert-plant-performs-elvis-presley-covers-at-ex-wifes-70th-birthday-party-video/

22 hours ago, chef free said:

That guy's got a great "Elvis" voice!  I can just imagine little Robby singing along to his Elvis Records...

It’d be cool if he did a whole album of Elvis covers 😎👍

R😊

7 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Robert sure has some serious balls to sing Little Sister at his ex-wife's birthday. I wonder if Shirley was in attendance? Great tunes though.

Robert sings that at all birthday parties he attends... :icecream:

j/k

Archived