Newly found roll of Zeppelin photos - 06-10-77

Derek McCabe

1 hour ago, 76229 said:

For 40 year old photos these are fantastic quality! Brilliant stuff Derek.

Now, if previously unknown pictures can emerge after all this time, how about previously unknown recordings....

These negatives were found in a shoebox... there were other bands as well - all from Madison Square Garden. Alice Cooper from 1975 and Queen from 1977.

1 hour ago, Derek McCabe said:

These negatives were found in a shoebox... there were other bands as well - all from Madison Square Garden. Alice Cooper from 1975 and Queen from 1977.

Thank god you found them and they hadn't been lost or destroyed. Why on earth would you want to sell the negatives? Sell prints if you want but you should keep the negatives. Plenty of rock media outlets would love to have new undiscovered Led Zeppelin photos to use for their articles.

Of course, I am hoping that you have some great shots of Jimmy's laser pyramid. That seems to be the one part of the 1977 show that most photographers didn't capture sufficiently.

3 hours ago, Strider said:

Thank god you found them and they hadn't been lost or destroyed. Why on earth would you want to sell the negatives? Sell prints if you want but you should keep the negatives. Plenty of rock media outlets would love to have new undiscovered Led Zeppelin photos to use for their articles.

Of course, I am hoping that you have some great shots of Jimmy's laser pyramid. That seems to be the one part of the 1977 show that most photographers didn't capture sufficiently.

I am a pro photographer who is really good at color correction and retouching.. I am not the owner of the negatives. I am doing a friend who owns the negatives a favor... he wants to sell prints or the original negatives. A few magazines are interested in the Queen photos, but so far the Zep ones are still available. Grab them before they are gone... fwiw... I think the person who took the photos was a security guard who worked at MSG. Because he had front row and the same stage right angle for all three shows.. Zeppelin, Queen, and Alice Cooper.

Queen_20.jpg

Edited by Derek McCabe

13 hours ago, Derek McCabe said:

I was a complete Kodak Ekatfilm roll of 36... 34 images were exposed.

Just wanted to say Derek: Thanks for putting these here. It's easy to get cynical when you see the headline "new Zeppelin thing found" as there have been so many mislabellings, etc. E.g. the recent tape of Gladsaxe Sept '68. So it's been lovely to see a genuine one and those are great pics too.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...