Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin (interview + soundcheck) - Sept. 17th, 1988, Mesa Amphitheatre, Mesa, AZ

If I were Jimmy I would have been frustrated too. Plant changes so much after his car accident in 75 and the deaths of his son and Bonzo. I think somehow that even if he didn't blame Led Zeppelin for those tragic events, he couldn't shake the bad vibes that the group gave him. Just look at this short video interview of Plant in 1975 and listen to him talk, look at his face, see his demeanor and you can tell he's a completely different person from the troubled man of 1977 and beyond.

7 hours ago, Christopher Lees said:

If I were Jimmy I would have been frustrated too. Plant changes so much after his car accident in 75 and the deaths of his son and Bonzo. I think somehow that even if he didn't blame Led Zeppelin for those tragic events, he couldn't shake the bad vibes that the group gave him. Just look at this short video interview of Plant in 1975 and listen to him talk, look at his face, see his demeanor and you can tell he's a completely different person from the troubled man of 1977 and beyond.

Gee, go figure. If I were Plant I would likely feel the same way. He lost his son on the one hand and on the other it was during a tour whereby Grant employed a damn Eastender and former Cray / Richardson associate who along with Grant almost killed a man. The whole 77' tour had a bad vibe due to the abuses and over the top gangster attitude of certain crew members. The fact Plant did not tell Grant it's over after Karak's death was a miracle unto itself. Even though one set of circumstance has nothing to do with the other it's hard not to tie them together in such a situation. 

Archived