The New Yardbirds

E A Poe

Seems a huge cut between 4:15 and 4:17. Someone missed a bit of the New Yardbirds guitar jam by now, Sir Jimmy Page. Robert Plant ends the songs as introducing the band as Led Zeppelin.

I'm curious as to how the transition went over, and as to when the transition went over as to and when - from "The New Yardbirds - to Led Zeppelin".

Whiskey, Los Angeles was January 5th, 1969 as Robert Plant introduces the band as Led Zeppelin. When did he start doing that in live show, I wonder.

The New Yardbirds - Within 'Dazed And Confused' - Shapes Of Things 6 minutes in. "Come tomorrow..." Come tomorrow , Will I be older? Come tomorrow, may be a soldier.. 6 minutes in.

So for the New Yardbirds, we have

#1. For Your Love

#2. Shapes Of Things

and #3 What the Yardbirds typically did in concert.

Train Kept a Rollin'

All of this is on 1969.01.26

Train from 1969 Jan 26

Wildest Jimmy Page Experience you'll ever have. Page Owned.

My question in this Manin forum is when di this change from the New Yardbirds because that is what they were.

3 hours ago, E A Poe said:

My question in this Manin forum is when di this change from the New Yardbirds because that is what they were.

It's been discussed here so many times already. The thing is some promoters continued to advertise their performances as The New Yardbirds after what is commonly cited as the first gig they were billed as Led Zeppelin (Surrey University, 10/25/68). We do know that at the Marquee in London on 10/18/68, prior to that evening's show, Jimmy presented George Hardie the famous Hindenburg photo and explained he should refer to it for their debut album cover.

http://northeastmusichistory.blogspot.com/2012/10/led-zeppelins-first-gig-newcastle.html

https://eyeondesign.aiga.org/the-first-thing-i-ever-designed-george-hardie-on-why-led-zeppelin-i-wasnt-really-a-proper-idea/

Archived