2019 NFL Playoffs Picks Pool

Walter

Now that the long, grueling regular season is over - it’s time to look to the playoffs. Less games to pick and an opportunity for those who don’t want to commit to 17 weeks of picks, to have fun with this quick little jaunt.

Rules are simple, one point for each correct game picked and, if necessary, the tie breaker at the end will be total points in the Super Bowl - separate from picking the winning team.

If you’re interested, here’s the slate of games for next weekend:

Saturday

Indianapolis @ Houston 4:35 ET

Seattle @ Dallas 8:15 ET

Sunday

Los Angeles Chargers @ Baltimore 1:05 ET

Philadelphia @ Chicago 4:40 ET

1 hour ago, ebk said:

Houston 

Seattle (you don't think I'd ever pick Dallas, do you?? ;) )

Baltimore

Chicago

Nope. Not in this lifetime. 😏

Thanks, Walter, for taking this playoff pool on. I am grateful for the reprieve.

2 minutes ago, Walter said:

Nor the Yankees!

Happy New Year to you and Mr. ebk! 😘

Of course not!!  :D

Same to you and your lovely family!  We were just mentioning Spring Training the other day... I'll let you know.  

13 hours ago, Walter said:

Now that the long, grueling regular season is over - it’s time to look to the playoffs. Less games to pick and an opportunity for those who don’t want to commit to 17 weeks of picks, to have fun with this quick little jaunt.

Rules are simple, one point for each correct game picked and, if necessary, the tie breaker at the end will be total points in the Super Bowl - separate from picking the winning team.

If you’re interested, here’s the slate of games for next weekend:

Saturday

Indianapolis @ Houston 4:35 ET

Seattle @ Dallas 8:15 ET

Sunday

Los Angeles Chargers @ Baltimore 1:05 ET

Philadelphia @ Chicago 4:40 ET

Thank you for starting this, esp. since our team is in this year!

Houston

DALLAS

L.A. Chargers

Chicago (although I'll be rooting for Philly in the vain hope that we can have a home NFC Championship game)

P.S. Happy New Year!

Wow...that was an absolute dismantling of the Texans by the Colts.

It has a nice fringe benefit too - the Pats will have to play the survivor of the Chargers/Ravens game. I think they would have rather played the Texans.

Nice job by the Colts.

The Colts are going to be a nightmare for KC next week...

junior wants me to change his Seattle pick to Dallas. Traitor.

For those that don’t know - he’s a Seattle fan, which is bad enough, then our neighbors came over an hour ago to give him a Seattle hoodie with his name and number on the back. Blasphemy! 

7 hours ago, Walter said:

For those that don’t know - he’s a Seattle fan, which is bad enough, then our neighbors came over an hour ago to give him a Seattle hoodie with his name and number on the back. Blasphemy! 

I got ribbing from a kid at the Christmas party for wearing a 49er hat. BOO 49ers! he would say to me. Who's laughing now? ^_^

And the wheel rolls on...

Next week’s matchups:

Saturday, January 12

Indianapolis @ Kansas City 4:35 PM ET

Dallas @ Los Angeles Rams 8:15 PM ET

Sunday, January 13

Los Angeles Chargers @ New England 1:05 PM ET

Philadelphia @ New Orleans 4:40 PM ET

10 minutes ago, Walter said:

And the wheel rolls on...

Next week’s matchups:

Saturday, January 12

Indianapolis @ Kansas City 4:35 PM ET

Dallas @ Los Angeles Rams 8:15 PM ET

Sunday, January 13

Los Angeles Chargers @ New England 1:05 PM ET

Philadelphia @ New Orleans 4:40 PM ET

It’s funny - when I chose based on who I though would win, I went 2-2; however, if I had chosen the teams I would have preferred to win, I would have been 4-0! 😆

Well, I’m not making the same mistake twice - thus, my picks for next week are:

Kansas City

DALLAS

L.A. Chargers 

Philadelphia

(I’m still in shock over the Eagles game. If they can beat the Bears in Chicago, anything goes...)

15 hours ago, ForEvermore said:

It’s funny - when I chose based on who I though would win, I went 2-2; however, if I had chosen the teams I would have preferred to win, I would have been 4-0! 😆

Well, I’m not making the same mistake twice - thus, my picks for next week are:

Kansas City

DALLAS

L.A. Chargers 

Philadelphia

(I’m still in shock over the Eagles game. If they can beat the Bears in Chicago, anything goes...)

Well 1-3 this time.  The Chargers I agree with.  I might be dead wrong with KC.  But I am only going on the old assumption that rookie QB's do not do well in their first playoff game.  look at Baltimore yesterday.  I got the Bears game wrong on a post.  Freakin kicker. I got the Settle game wrong because the fucking Zebra's wanted Dallas

Archived