2019 NFL Playoffs Picks Pool

Walter

16 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Indy

Los Angeles Rams

Los Angeles Chargers

New Orleans

Given all the trash talking and such, I am highly motivated now!!!!  LOL.  EBK, how the hell did you go 0-4?  That is tough to do. The Chicago kicker and some paid off Zebra's in Dallas (the city of conspiracies) cost me a perfect record.  Now I have to kick some damn ass.  See those picks above?  Take them to the bank.  

Indy  (Luck is a veteran, Mahomes, maybe the best rookie QB in ages, is till that, a rookie.  Did you see what Baltimore's rookie did?  My best bet as I posted it was the Chargers.  They did not let me down. And Indy has a very good defense.  So good in fact, with Baltimore's departure, they might be the best D left along with the Chargers?  This is the pick I am sticking my neck out on the most. KC has played much better of late on D.  This game is listed high on the over and under and I like it under a bit. The pick is Indy plus the points and the game under.

Los Angeles Rams.  The best team easily in the first half. With a bye and the rest and hopefully Gurley at 100&, they present an imposing offense to Dallas who does not have a secondary like Seattle.  The Rams must throw to beat Dallas and not allow Elliot to eat up the entire game by running all over them. I think Darnold and Suh can get it done.  And Geoff and Gurley should erase the ghosts of Hollywood Henderson and Preston Pearson. It might  not be easy, but I believe the Rams have too much.  Rams win, but the cover is close.  I would skip it. Take them on the money line.

LA Chargers.  We know this is likely the last hurrah for New England. I will go farther.  IT IS.   McDaniels is rumored to want the Green Bay job.  Belecheck is likely to walk after this year, and Brady should too unless he wants to wind up like Joe Namath someday on a vicious hit. Gronkowski is done for sure after this.  He is gimpy now. He has back problems. So its Brady and Armandola against the world.  I will take the world.  Phillip Rivers means business and he can get this team to the Super Bowl on the road.  The new Vince Ferragamo.Chargers and , well the over and under is a tough one here.  I would ski it.  Take the Chargers and the points and I believe they win outright.

New Orleans   A wrecking machine  on offense for most of the year. A hiccup in Dallas vs a more desperate team.  New Orleans will not need a last second FG to beat the Eagles and after that debacle vs the Vikings in last years playoffs, remember the miracle by the now Denver QB?  They still have that bitter taste in their mouthes and are out to prove it was a fluke.  I cannot see the Eagles winning this time. 44-27 Saints

11 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I was only kidding.  Not my intent to insult you after the miserable year I had

It's okay.  No insult taken.  I'm totally chill about it.  I fully intended to come in last during the regular season, but I can't even do that right!  :D 

3 hours ago, ebk said:

It's okay.  No insult taken.  I'm totally chill about it.  I fully intended to come in last during the regular season, but I can't even do that right!  :D 

Costing yourself the booby-prize. ;)

On 1/7/2019 at 12:38 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

:wizard:Wow.  Chalk city above.  Chalk, chalk, chalk, chalk.  OK

And its RAMS!!!!!!  

On 1/7/2019 at 1:28 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Given all the trash talking and such, I am highly motivated now!!!!  LOL.  EBK, how the hell did you go 0-4?  That is tough to do. The Chicago kicker and some paid off Zebra's in Dallas (the city of conspiracies) cost me a perfect record.  Now I have to kick some damn ass.  See those picks above?  Take them to the bank.  

Indy  (Luck is a veteran, Mahomes, maybe the best rookie QB in ages, is till that, a rookie.  Did you see what Baltimore's rookie did?  My best bet as I posted it was the Chargers.  They did not let me down. And Indy has a very good defense.  So good in fact, with Baltimore's departure, they might be the best D left along with the Chargers?  This is the pick I am sticking my neck out on the most. KC has played much better of late on D.  This game is listed high on the over and under and I like it under a bit. The pick is Indy plus the points and the game under.

Los Angeles Rams.  The best team easily in the first half. With a bye and the rest and hopefully Gurley at 100&, they present an imposing offense to Dallas who does not have a secondary like Seattle.  The Rams must throw to beat Dallas and not allow Elliot to eat up the entire game by running all over them. I think Darnold and Suh can get it done.  And Geoff and Gurley should erase the ghosts of Hollywood Henderson and Preston Pearson. It might  not be easy, but I believe the Rams have too much.  Rams win, but the cover is close.  I would skip it. Take them on the money line.

LA Chargers.  We know this is likely the last hurrah for New England. I will go farther.  IT IS.   McDaniels is rumored to want the Green Bay job.  Belecheck is likely to walk after this year, and Brady should too unless he wants to wind up like Joe Namath someday on a vicious hit. Gronkowski is done for sure after this.  He is gimpy now. He has back problems. So its Brady and Armandola against the world.  I will take the world.  Phillip Rivers means business and he can get this team to the Super Bowl on the road.  The new Vince Ferragamo.Chargers and , well the over and under is a tough one here.  I would ski it.  Take the Chargers and the points and I believe they win outright.

New Orleans   A wrecking machine  on offense for most of the year. A hiccup in Dallas vs a more desperate team.  New Orleans will not need a last second FG to beat the Eagles and after that debacle vs the Vikings in last years playoffs, remember the miracle by the now Denver QB?  They still have that bitter taste in their mouthes and are out to prove it was a fluke.  I cannot see the Eagles winning this time. 44-27 Saints

Yes. Chalk City. Despite all the hype about underdogs going 18-1 in the playoffs the past two years, top seeds are still a more reliable bet to get to the Super Bowl. I was not going to be blinded by recency bias.

Let's start with the first game this weekend. Indianapolis @ Kansas City.

You made a big deal about Patrick Mahomes being a rookie. Well, he is not a rookie. He's been in the NFL for two seasons. Ever hear of a quarterback named Tom Brady? He won a Super Bowl in his first playoffs and second year in the NFL. Kurt Warner also won a Super Bowl in his first year as a starter. Plenty of other quarterbacks have won their first playoff games.

To compare Mahomes with Baltimore's Lamar Jackson is ridiculous. Jackson is a one-dimensional running qb with no passing game. Mahomes has shown all season that he can throw it as well as run it. He is leaps and bounds beyond Lamar Jackson.

And it wasn't like Mahomes was facing Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady. Andrew Luck hasn't won a damn thing and could barely throw a Nerf football a year ago. Kansas City's only worry was whether Andy Reid would get out-coached again in the playoffs. But to think Indy had some quarterback advantage just because Andrew Luck was older means you haven't watched Andrew Luck closely enough.

Second game. Dallas @ Rams.   

If Seattle had a better OC they would have been playing the Rams, not the Cowboys. No way Howdy Doody (my brothers' nickname for Dallas coach Jason Garrett) is out-coaching and out-scheming Rams coach Sean McVay with an extra week to prepare. I was not surprised the Rams won, just by the way they did it by running it down the Cowboys throat. Few teams in today's pass-happy NFL show the patience to stick with the running game even when it is working. QBs get itchy trigger-fingers wanting to throw the ball.

Dallas should have fired Garrett long ago but he keeps winning enough to stay in Jerry's favour. Probably the same this year...which is good news if you are an Eagles, Giants, or Taters fan.

Third game...San Diego @ New England.

Easiest money of the weekend. Rivers was 0-7 against Brady in the playoffs. Now he is 0-8. Case closed.

I laughed at all the Charger bandwagon-jumpers who thought just because they beat a lame, one-dimensional Baltimore team that they were going to go into New England in the cold and beat the best coach-quarterback combo in NFL history. Bwahahahahaha. Suckers!

Come on, man...this is New England. They have won for so long the regular season is boring to them. Just like the Shaq-Kobe Lakers of the 2000s, they cruise thru the regular season laying a dud here and there but come playoff time, they use that bye week to flip the switch on and focus. It's like they play possum.

Fools were thinking San Diego was playing the Patriots that lost to the Dolphins. That New England team doesn't exist in the playoffs. Once the playoffs start, you are dealing with the real Patriots.

And, honestly, what idiot of a Defensive Coordinator goes into a game against Brady with the plan of zone coverage with no blitzes? Brady has eaten up that kind of defense his entire career. You want to beat Brady...you gotta get in his face and knock him down. Did the Chargers really think what worked against the stupid Ravens would work against the Patriots, the smartest team in the league?

Hahahaha. Thank you San DeLame-O...I'll take that money.

Fourth game of the weekend...Philadelphia @ New Orleans.

Home cooking matters. None more for the New Orleans Saints. Coach Peyton and QB Drew Brees are 5-0 at home in the playoffs. If the game had been in Philly, I might have stuck with St. Nick's magical ride. But not in the Superdome. Even with Philly jumping out to an early 14-0 lead and the Saints looking sluggish, I felt the game would eventually turn New Orleans' direction. Not because of Brees and the offense...they have always been able to score. But this is the first season in years that the Saints have had a defense that could make plays...that could come up with defensive stops when they had to.

Four games. Four wins. Just chalk, baby!

Update from this weekend’s action:

jabe:  3-1 - 6 points total

redrum: 3-1 - 6 points 

junior: 3-1 - 6 points

Paul: 3-1 - 5 points 

Strider: 3-1 - 5 points

Walter: 2-2 - 5 points

ebk: 4-0! - 4 points 

Mrs Walter: 2-2 - 4 points

LedZepfan77: 2-2 - 4 points 

For Evermore: 1-3 - 3 points

Archived