Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
ledzepfilm

LED ZEPPELIN: LIVE IN NEW YORK -- Coming 1/12/19 (A ledzepfilm fan-edit)

Posted (edited)

It's almost time to unveil a project I've been working on for the past 2 months!

This isn't a conventional re-edit of The Song Remains the Same - this is a compilation of all the circulating sources of video and audio from Led Zeppelin's three concerts in New York presented in their proper form. Gone (mostly) are the poor collage-style edits, off-sync video, and unnecessary audio cuts. This is a full on Led Zeppelin concert experience. 

Unlike most fan-edits I've seen, this one pays special attention to the visuals. With over 8 years of research into the footage that makes up LZ's official releases, I have recut the visuals to much more accurately match the music.

Black Dog? Complete. The little bits of Over the Hills' solo cut from the video feature? All restored. The cuts in No Quarter, The Rain Song, Moby Dick (to an extent), Heartbreaker, and Whole Lotta Love? All back. The missing half beats in Since I've Been Loving You, No Quarter, Dazed and Confused, and Whole Lotta Love's drum intro? Fixed. And much more!

Unfortunately, the Shepperton footage had to be treated equally with the genuine material, since this project would not be possible without utilizing it. I'd prefer the Shepperton footage to a bunch of offstage/fantasy sequences, so I decided it had to stay.

Led Zeppelin: Live in New York, coming January 12 -- In Concert, Not Beyond.

Due to rules on the forum, please PM me if you're interested in having this fan edit upon release! I also ask that you already own a copy of The Song Remains the Same and/or Led Zeppelin DVD before PM'ing me. (Sam, if you deem this post unfit for the board, please feel free to delete)

Edited by ledzepfilm

36 minutes ago, ledzepfilm said:

It's almost time to unveil a project I've been working on for the past 2 months!

This isn't a conventional re-edit of The Song Remains the Same - this is a compilation of all the circulating sources of video and audio from Led Zeppelin's three concerts in New York presented in their proper form. Gone (mostly) are the poor collage-style edits, off-sync video, and unnecessary audio cuts. This is a full on Led Zeppelin concert experience. 

Unlike most fan-edits I've seen, this one pays special attention to the visuals. With over 8 years of research into the footage that makes up LZ's official releases, I have recut the visuals to much more accurately match the music.

Black Dog? Complete. The little bits of Over the Hills' solo cut from the video feature? All restored. The cuts in No Quarter, The Rain Song, Moby Dick (to an extent), Heartbreaker, and Whole Lotta Love? All back. The missing half beats in Since I've Been Loving You, No Quarter, Dazed and Confused, and Whole Lotta Love's drum intro? Fixed. And much more!

Unfortunately, the Shepperton footage had to be treated equally with the genuine material, since this project would not be possible without utilizing it. I'd prefer the Shepperton footage to a bunch of offstage/fantasy sequences, so I decided it had to stay.

Led Zeppelin: Live in New York, coming January 12 -- In Concert, Not Beyond.

Due to rules on the forum, please PM me if you're interested in having this fan edit upon release! I also ask that you already own a copy of The Song Remains the Same and/or Led Zeppelin DVD before PM'ing me. (Sam, if you deem this post unfit for the board, please feel free to delete)

You are awesome! Can’t wait to see your latest creation! :notworthy:

Posted (edited)

Fan- tatstic!!! Thanks for your work on this ! 👌🏼

Edited by porgie66

Yes, this is going to be epic. An incredible amount of work, and a great gift to the community. Thank you!

If you're interested in a copy and haven't PM'd me, please do so! Only 6 more days!

On 1/2/2019 at 8:33 PM, ledzepfilm said:

This is a full on Led Zeppelin concert experience.

If done right this could go down as must-have in the cannon! Cannot wait to see it.

I am in the process of sending everyone who sent me PM the link (it's a little time consuming considering I have to wait every time I post something). If you're interested, it's never too late to PM me!

I'm up to D&C.

What an OUTSTANDING job. I didn't realise there was so much boot film that could fill in so much! :o The vibe is much more of a film document of a live gig. Has a great feel to it.

The audio source transitions/edits are noticable (of course) but really don't detract from the experience for me.

SIBLY - more beautiful than ever. The video edits you made at the start are EXCELLENT.

TRS - more beautiful than ever.

NQ - So well done, and the version that SHOULD have been (or very close to) used for the latest re-release.

TSRTS - filled in very, very nicely.

GREAT job mate. Well done. :thanku:

Edited by rm2551

Just finished downloading and 6 mins. up watching. You've done quite a remarkable and outstanding job.

I just think this one's gonna be my favorite and replace any "Song" 'cause it's only the concert without any bandmember fantasies.

Edited by Moby_Dick_Ale

Had a quick look before I got my head down last night, not for long. Now I have transferred it to a portable HD so I can play it through my Oppo 103. LZF, I have to say you have done a great job. Thank you.

Wow, just incredible. They should put this out officially. So much better than the original in look and feel. Great job. If nothing else comes out this year, I'll still be happy, have this to watch again and again. Thank you

Can someone please tell me about how many gigs the download is? 

Edited by luvlz2

1 hour ago, luvlz2 said:

Can someone please tell me about how many gigs the download is? 

20G

5 minutes ago, reids said:

20G

Thanks!

1 minute ago, luvlz2 said:

Thanks!

😎👍

R😎

Thanks so much for this! It's absolutely fantastic what you've done here. I think as far as a Led Zeppelin video experience goes, this is bested only by the RAH video on the official DVD. I can't even see myself watching TSRTS much anymore now that there's this to watch. Just awesome!