Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Balthazor

Stupid Rolling Stone 50th Anniversary Issue

Yesterday I was at the grocery store and there in the checkout aisle I saw on the magazine rack a Rolling Stone special Led Zeppelin 50th anniversary issue, which I immediately grabbed and tossed on the conveyor. Then at home, hours later, I realized that I had somehow managed to leave the magazine in the cart back at the store. There's $15 down the drain.

So this morning I drove back over to the store and bought another copy. I got that one home safe and sound, and then noticed that it's the EXACT same magazine as one that Rolling Stone published back in 2013, and which I already have. So apparently another $15 down the drain. I've now bought the exact same magazine three times.

But seriously, how lazy can Rolling Stone be to commemorate Led Zeppelin's 50th by simply reprinting an issue from 5 years ago.

This RS 40 Best is pablum for the masses.

It's nothing a serious fan needs to even read. Their list adds no value.

RS is a shell of what it used to be in the 1970s. I stopped buying it after they put the Boston Marathon bomber on the front cover as if he was Jim Morrison or something. 

Plant told everyone what to do with the magazine back in 73. I always keep a copy in my bathroom.

19 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

RS is a shell of what it used to be in the 1970s. I stopped buying it after they put the Boston Marathon bomber on the front cover as if he was Jim Morrison or something. 

Same here!