Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Michael/Hellbar

Never ending supply of fake Led Zeppelin autographs on Ebay

Nowadays most collectors are very well aware of all fake LZ signatures that plague the US and UK Ebay site. Very rarely does genuine autos turn up for sale - and when they do they sell for serious cash. What is unusual with this auction is the numbers of bids (8) for an obvious FAKE set of JP and RP signatures - seller has even provided photos to back up his provenance but none of them match the actual signed album for sale. Plant doesn't even hold the right marker compared to the 'signature' on the sleeve. This might not be a biggie to some but for us who are into autographs it's devastating for obvious reasons. Check the auction out here

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Hand-Signed-Led-Zeppelin-vinyl-Cover-By-Robert-Plant-Jimmy-Page/132916290316?hash=item1ef26da30c:g:hjEAAOSwG49cOfW7

Sometimes they use accomplices to place bids in an attempt to make the item seem authentic and of interest to others. 

Anybody who buys an autograph  on the WWW needs  to "take stock".

41 minutes ago, JTM said:

Anybody who buys an autograph  on the WWW needs  to "take stock".

Take stock.  :hysterical:

Fucking GOLD.

On 1/16/2019 at 5:18 AM, SteveAJones said:

Sometimes they use accomplices to place bids in an attempt to make the item seem authentic and of interest to others. 

Yes I know but this seller seems to sell A LOT of fake autos if you look at his feedback... 

On 1/15/2019 at 11:18 PM, SteveAJones said:

It’s called shill bidding, it happened to me once when I bid on Black Sabbath’s autographed The End CD, that was only available at concerts, I bid up to $200, because that’s what they were going for on eBay, when I stopped bidding and lost the bid, I automatically got a second chance button pop up and got a supposed second chance to win.