Page's Supro amp recreated

woz70

So, now we see one of the reasons Page was at Abbey Road Studios recently.

He now seems to be into recreating his gear to make it marketable, rather than creating new music.
Obviously there will always be an audience for this stuff, but you're going to have to have some serious wedge to be able to afford it I reckon.

https://www.sundragonamp.com/?fbclid=IwAR1LRvvEZSz_e28rmKbvAJyYi_jD-7nK0RroRR6cZekPX6qaC_hwpe4zGN8

I'd love to hear how it sounds.

edit: Limited to 50 and autographed? Definitely won't be affordable.

JP151118_0603d.jpg?format=1500w

JP_SunDragon_E.jpeg?format=1500w

Jimmy Page introduces Sundragon

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of Led Zeppelin 1, Jimmy Page would like to present Sundragon, an amplifier that gives guitarists the opportunity to enjoy the sounds he created to shape the future of Rock and Roll. Sundragon is a faithful recreation of the amp Jimmy used exclusively to create the groundbreaking sounds on Led Zeppelin 1 and other notable recordings such Joe Cocker’s album With a Little Help from My Friends. A limited edition run of 50 hand built amps will be made throughout 2019, all signed by Jimmy Page.

Jimmy’s original amp started out life as a Supro Coronado. After falling out of the back of the band’s van during an early pre-Zeppelin tour, the amp was restored and modified in significant ways. Jimmy realized that the sonic palette of his amp had changed to something new and unique. After being shrouded in mystery for more than 50 years, Jimmy has decided to share this extraordinary amplifier with the world. 

Working together closely with Mitch Colby and Perry Margouleff they have recreated this legendary amp for the first time.

“I had been impressed with the forensic analysis both Mitch and Perry had put into the research of the sonic reproduction of the original Supro amp to arrive at the Sundragon”. Jimmy Page

A limited edition of only 50 Sundragon amps will be hand built by Mitch Colby and signed by Jimmy Page. The amplifiers will be available throughout 2019 and a standard model will follow later in the year.

Edited by zeplz71

Taking advantage of that baby boomer retirement fund lol. Absolutely nobody is gonna use this equipment to play live or record with. It's for those fans who simply wanna imagine they're Jimmy Page for a few minutes a day. Greta Van Fleet wouldn't even stoop that low.

1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

I wonder if the poppy suit and dragon suit are next on his list of "remasters"?

Give Jimmy another few months and he will be schilling complete gear sets and clothes he used on specific tours or shows: "Get yer official, authentic Page Dragon Tele, Sundragon Amp, Vox Wah, and delay pedal for the low, low price of $25,000. If you are the first 100 to order Jimmy will throw in a re-creation of the clothes he wore on the famous Supershow broadcast from early 1969 and a bottle of Merlot."

Knowing Jimmy, for the 1972 American Tour re-creation, he might also throw in a Lori Maddox look alike if the price is right 🙂

Much as i love Jimmy this is beyond sad 

I can't explain how depressed it makes me feel to go from the 50th hype to 

selling a recreation of a mythical amp/guitar set up ,and with no intention of playing it .I have lost count of how many photo's of 

Page there are, just holding a guitar. 

On 1/22/2019 at 3:20 PM, Stryder1978 said:

Not the dragon painted body...and the neck is on his other tele.

On 1/22/2019 at 2:16 PM, Stryder1978 said:

Well, considering that the original no longer exists......

http://ledzepnews.com/2019/01/24/jimmy-page-quietly-revealed-his-restored-original-dragon-telecaster-for-the-first-time-in-50-years/

It is the original.

9 minutes ago, sixpense said:

Ummm...no, it is a RESTORED version, not the original.

"I still have it,” he told Guitar World in 1998. “But it’s a tragic story. I went on tour with [a] ’59 Les Paul that I bought from Joe Walsh, and when I got back, a friend of mine had kindly painted over my paint job. He said, ‘I’ve got a present for you.’ He thought he had done me a real favor. As you can guess, I wasn't real happy about that. His paint job totally screwed up the sound and the wiring, so only the neck pickup worked. I salvaged the neck and put it on my brown Tele string bender that I used in the Firm [in 1985 and 1986]. As for the body, it will never be seen again!"

Really cool he had the Dragon Tele restored. So I guess he put the original neck back on it, and had the dragon paint job redone. Probably has new wiring and pickups, as he has said that the electronics were ruined after his friend repainted it. I can only imagine how thrilled he must be, to have it restored. Good for him. He ought to post a YouTube video playing it. 

I’d love to have one of the Custom Shop models, but jeezus, that price tag. Thing is, they will only appreciate in price. Be a great investment. Really a grail guitar for any Zep fan.

[Jimmy-Page-standing.jpg?w=1200

53 minutes ago, Urozep said:

Chaps. I’m sorry. It it is sad. Instead of trying to do something new- he is doing this!!! His hands look fine— I am a medical doctor ; he does not look arthritic.  He’s milking it—period

Good for him. He’s earned the right to put out Led Zeppelin blankets,  if he chooses. He’s 75 years old, so he’s more than earned his retirement (if that’s where he is). He’s had his studio session career , his career with the Yardbirds, Led Zeppelin, The Firm, soundtracks as well as solo work/ Coverdale/Page, Page & Plant, Crowes, etc. . I’m just glad he did the reissues with bonus discs a few years ago and we have the internet for other unreleased tracks / live concerts. I’d rather hear about him being productive (guitar and amp endorsements) than to hear about his less than worthy next door neighbors shenanigans.  Long live Jimmy Page.

R😎

Edited by reids

9 hours ago, reids said:

Good for him. He’s earned the right to put out Led Zeppelin blankets,  if he chooses. He’s 75 years old, so he’s more than earned his retirement (if that’s where he is). He’s had his studio session career , his career with the Yardbirds, Led Zeppelin, The Firm, soundtracks as well as solo work/ Coverdale/Page, Page & Plant, Crowes, etc. . I’m just glad he did the reissues with bonus discs a few years ago and we :hysterical:have the internet for other unreleased tracks / live concerts. I’d rather hear about him being productive (guitar and amp endorsements) than to hear about his less than worthy next door neighbors shenanigans.  Long live Jimmy Page.

R😎

BULLSHIT GODDAMNIT!!!

Jimmy should be playing well into his 80's just as Anton Segovia did...NO EXCUSES!!! Jimmy is our dancing monkey and when the fans say play he goddamned better PLAY!!! In his black dragon suit, with an aged, haggard Lori Maddox on his arm and one of those hats that hold beer bottles, but instead with two bottles of Jack on tap. :hysterical:

On 1/24/2019 at 9:10 AM, Stryder1978 said:

Ummm...no, it is a RESTORED version, not the original.

"I still have it,” he told Guitar World in 1998. “But it’s a tragic story. I went on tour with [a] ’59 Les Paul that I bought from Joe Walsh, and when I got back, a friend of mine had kindly painted over my paint job. He said, ‘I’ve got a present for you.’ He thought he had done me a real favor. As you can guess, I wasn't real happy about that. His paint job totally screwed up the sound and the wiring, so only the neck pickup worked. I salvaged the neck and put it on my brown Tele string bender that I used in the Firm [in 1985 and 1986]. As for the body, it will never be seen again!"

It is the ORIGINAL GUITAR RESTORED!    I am typing engish.