Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Walter

2019 Major League Baseball Thread

Recommended Posts

Orioles +285 money line at Yankees and Tanaka.  I did not think Tanaka was the best pitcher they have?  Sorvino?  Birds have  shot.  I am taking a small $3 parlay.  Orioles, Tampa with Snell, and Milwaukee.  $3 to get $43.  Will be interesting to see how the Padres do.  They have Machado and Hosmer on the same team now.  Two pretty good guys to build around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Rick.  Matt Weiters is now a Saint Louis Cardinal.  Back-up to the great and future Hall of Famer, Yadier Molina.  Is it in you to be a (somewhat) Cardinals fan? 

Good luck to you and your  Baltimore Orioles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2019 at 1:25 AM, kingzoso said:

Hey Rick.  Matt Weiters is now a Saint Louis Cardinal.  Back-up to the great and future Hall of Famer, Yadier Molina.  Is it in you to be a (somewhat) Cardinals fan? 

Good luck to you and your  Baltimore Orioles.

You want my Weiters jersey?  How did that happen?  I thought Washington had him for 3 years?  Strange.  The Orioles SUCK.  There.  Happy?  And they likely will lose the franchise soon.  They will have empty seats. I do not know how you can keep a baseball team with no attendance.  i would not pay to see them if I lived closer. Angelos is  piece of shit. He fucked the fans. He is a bastard.  I will not live to see them win again.  I know this.  Its a fact.  There are only the memories of the great teams of the 70s.  Fuck Angelos and fuck baseball for giving Trout, Harper and Machado these kind of contracts.  I tell you Weiters is a great catcher and will help your team big time. Had I known the Cardinals had him I may have picked them instead of Milwaukee?  I had decided that Milwaukee would win the World Series over the last few months but I was not up to speed on all the changes.  Looking at their lineup I now must rethink this. I no longer believe that they will win it. I will go Dodgers .   I will cheer Dodgers.  But I really do not care.  I hate the Yankees and Red Sox. And i no longer respect the sport at all. I mean, Zach Britton pitching for the Yankees against us yesterday?  That pretty much sums up the whole thing. The Yankees are a bunch of fucking thieving money grabbing cheating pricks. Like the fucker that is calling himself the President of the Un United States   For what its worth, the St Louis Blues are my pick to win the Stanley Cup and my second favorite hockey team.  Go Blues.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting the regular Season on a Thursday, when a lot of people who are fans (like me) didn't know when the "real shit" began; nevertheless, I have this shit-eating grin, sensing that I missed a classic between deGrom and Mad Max & if form holds true, the Mets will be in the toilet by Mid-April...

 

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

You want my Weiters jersey?  How did that happen?  I thought Washington had him for 3 years?  Strange.  The Orioles SUCK.  There.  Happy?  And they likely will lose the franchise soon.  They will have empty seats. I do not know how you can keep a baseball team with no attendance.  i would not pay to see them if I lived closer. Angelos is  piece of shit. He fucked the fans. He is a bastard.  I will not live to see them win again.  I know this.  Its a fact.  There are only the memories of the great teams of the 70s.  Fuck Angelos and fuck baseball for giving Trout, Harper and Machado these kind of contracts.  I tell you Weiters is a great catcher and will help your team big time. Had I known the Cardinals had him I may have picked them instead of Milwaukee?  I had decided that Milwaukee would win the World Series over the last few months but I was not up to speed on all the changes.  Looking at their lineup I now must rethink this. I no longer believe that they will win it. I will go Dodgers .   I will cheer Dodgers.  But I really do not care.  I hate the Yankees and Red Sox. And i no longer respect the sport at all. I mean, Zach Britton pitching for the Yankees against us yesterday?  That pretty much sums up the whole thing. The Yankees are a bunch of fucking thieving money grabbing cheating pricks. Like the fucker that is calling himself the President of the Un United States   For what its worth, the St Louis Blues are my pick to win the Stanley Cup and my second favorite hockey team.  Go Blues.  

Come on, Rick. If Houston and Kansas City can rise from the dregs and get to the World Series, surely it is not out of the realm of possibility for Baltimore to do the same. They just have to be smart about it...get the right people in charge and get a plan together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Newly aquired Paul Goldsmicht for the Saint Louis Cardinals hit 3 home runs in his 2nd game as a Cardinal.  The Milwaukee Brewers chose to walk him in his last plate appearance thus denying him of a possible 4 home run game.

Only 16 players in the History of  Baseball have hit 4 home runs in a single game.  In my opinion, that was a Pussy move on the part of the Brewers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How 'bout dem Os hon!!! 

First time we've been over .500 since last year's Opening Day.  A dubious distinction at best.. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Some pics from yesterday's game in Arlington....

20190331_203416.jpg

PicsArt_03-31-12.47.09.jpg

PicsArt_03-31-04.00.23.jpg

PicsArt_03-31-12.44.42.jpg

PicsArt_03-31-09.37.35.jpg

20190331_155703.jpg

Looks fabulous...especially the pizza and beer. D'yer win?

First weekend over and the Angels are already in last place three games behind Seattle. Pathetic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/29/2019 at 4:25 PM, Strider said:

Come on, Rick. If Houston and Kansas City can rise from the dregs and get to the World Series, surely it is not out of the realm of possibility for Baltimore to do the same. They just have to be smart about it...get the right people in charge and get a plan together.

Change my Yankee division pick to the Orioles if its not too late

 

Os take 2 of 3 in the Bronx.  Love it!!!!!😀:yay:

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Strider said:

Looks fabulous...especially the pizza and beer. D'yer win?

First weekend over and the Angels are already in last place three games behind Seattle. Pathetic.

Looks like a beautiful day.  Love the flag picture.  And the beer/pizza! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Strider said:

Looks fabulous...especially the pizza and beer. D'yer win?

First weekend over and the Angels are already in last place three games behind Seattle. Pathetic.

Yep, won on a wild pitch in the 9th. Took 2 out of 3 opening weekend.  Tons of Cubs fans in town for the series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Washed up sack of shit Pujols kills Angels in 9th!!!  Leaves Trout at third, potentially tying run.  Lucroy grounds out to end game.  One they needed and should have won.  Pujols should be batting 9th.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that game was fun.  Until is wasn't... 

 

It was a beautiful day though.  That's something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hey Rick.  The Cardinals and the Orioles are both 5 and 5.  Do you have faith in your Orioles?!

Edited by kingzoso

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 1:21 PM, kingzoso said:

Hey Rick.  The Cardinals and the Orioles are both 5 and 5.  Do you have faith in your Orioles?!

Are you kidding me?  We have a bastard shit head owner that is on a yacht somewhere putting back good Scotch and has a bunch of blonde's no doubt waiting on him.  Fucker does not care about the team. How can I have faith?  I cant name half the roster any more.  I finally know the managers name.  I had to drum it into my skull.  Lets see if I can recall his name?  Oh man  Might have to Google.  I think its Hyde?  Brandon Hyde?  OMG, Google confirms it.  I like what he is doing. But I feel for him.  The fucker of an owner is not helping. The GM is the former assistant with Houston Astros.  That has to be good right?  I see the Cards are doing good of late. I bet them the last two days.  won one and lost one. I  picked them in my daily contest yesterday and they won for me. Today I have a hockey game. I won a $700 Cannon cameral on 5 dimes last year when they used to give out merchandise.  With the legalization of gambling now blowing up, and soon it should be legal in all states, the world of sports is changing.  I cant wait until its legal in this fucking state of NY I hate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2019 at 1:02 PM, Strider said:

First weekend over and the Angels are already in last place three games behind Seattle. Pathetic.

I think reality hit Seattle over the weekend. Looks like they're all a twitter in Tampa Bay. SF looking mediocre again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Orioles up 6-1 in Boston in the 8th.  Love it

 

Davis a 2 run homer and may have finally snapped out of it

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to miss this ballpark!

Beautiful night for a game, 61°F , wind at 4mph, beer at close to 34°F 😎

20190419_200839.jpg

PicsArt_04-19-08.35.11.jpg

20190419_203941.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Going to miss this ballpark!

Beautiful night for a game, 61°F , wind at 4mph, beer at close to 34°F 😎

20190419_200839.jpg

PicsArt_04-19-08.35.11.jpg

20190419_203941.jpg

Why are you going to miss it?  Is it being closed or are  you moving away?  And what park is it?  Texas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Why are you going to miss it?  Is it being closed or are  you moving away?  And what park is it?  Texas?

Yep, ballpark in Arlington.  It's the last year, they are building a new stadium across the street with a retractable roof.  It'll be nice to watch a game in the AC when its 117° outside,  but baseball is just not the same indoors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2019 at 1:25 AM, kingzoso said:

Hey Rick.  Matt Weiters is now a Saint Louis Cardinal.  Back-up to the great and future Hall of Famer, Yadier Molina.  Is it in you to be a (somewhat) Cardinals fan? 

Good luck to you and your  Baltimore Orioles.

The Orioles, in full rebuild mode, have actually been more competitive than expected.  We will see how they hold up.  Boston sure is off to a rough start and the Yankees have a ton of problems.  Just so you know, the St Louis Blues are my second favorite team in hockey and I believe they are going to win it all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...