2019 Major League Baseball Thread

Walter

1 hour ago, zepscoda said:

Yep, ballpark in Arlington.  It's the last year, they are building a new stadium across the street with a retractable roof.  It'll be nice to watch a game in the AC when its 117° outside,  but baseball is just not the same indoors.

I did not know this.  So like another Astrodome?  Can the ball hit the roof?  Or too high?  I suppose its retractable?  Is it for the Rangers only?

9 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I did not know this.  So like another Astrodome?  Can the ball hit the roof?  Or too high?  I suppose its retractable?  Is it for the Rangers only?

I don't think the ball will hit the roof, it's retractable and the Rangers will be the only team playing there. Along side of it is a new hotel and the venue Texas Live. Very similar to what was built next to the new Bush Stadium. 

Link to new ballpark:

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/Rangers-HKS-Release-New-Renderings-Construction-Details-on-Globe-Life-Field-506837251.html

Link to Texas Live:

https://texas-live.com/

aheg4gqmgnsqmj7kgpn4.jpeg.jpg

muzfb6pn2hzdg8de6xmd.jpeg.jpg

drykvqmd1dtf5sq79ysy.jpeg.jpg

ntx8cr8j2gulmkvfl4kt.jpeg.jpg

15 hours ago, zepscoda said:

I don't think the ball will hit the roof, it's retractable and the Rangers will be the only team playing there. Along side of it is a new hotel and the venue Texas Live. Very similar to what was built next to the new Bush Stadium. 

Link to new ballpark:

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/Rangers-HKS-Release-New-Renderings-Construction-Details-on-Globe-Life-Field-506837251.html

Link to Texas Live:

https://texas-live.com/

aheg4gqmgnsqmj7kgpn4.jpeg.jpg

muzfb6pn2hzdg8de6xmd.jpeg.jpg

drykvqmd1dtf5sq79ysy.jpeg.jpg

ntx8cr8j2gulmkvfl4kt.jpeg.jpg

Sure looks like a lot of fun.  Bills play in Dallas on Thanksgiving this year.  So that is going to be big.  

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure to the dismay of many, the Saint Louis Cardinals currently have the best record in all of Baseball.  20 wins, 10 losses (.667), with a 5 game winning streak.  I know that the 2019 MLB Season is only about a month in, however, I feel very confident at this early stage in this season.  If the Cardinals keep up a decent pace like this, They should have more than a few All-Stars in Cleveland this year.  

GO CARDINALS!!!

10 hours ago, kingzoso said:

I am sure to the dismay of many, the Saint Louis Cardinals currently have the best record in all of Baseball.  20 wins, 10 losses (.667), with a 5 game winning streak.  I know that the 2019 MLB Season is only about a month in, however, I feel very confident at this early stage in this season.  If the Cardinals keep up a decent pace like this, They should have more than a few All-Stars in Cleveland this year.  

GO CARDINALS!!!

They must have a ton of money behind them to be able to pick up Goldshmidt and have Matt Wieters as their second catcher.  I would personally start Wieters over Molina any day.  But that is their choice and I am surprised Wieters would want to play there if he was not the starter. He would start for pretty much any other team out there. My team does not have the money or an owner willing to spend the money to compete.  It appears those days are long gone.  I am not sure how they are even keeping the team there to be honest after allowing an entire former playoff team to be blown apart like last season. I have never seen a shit bag owner worse than the one the Orioles have.  He sucks. The Cardinals are good but so are the Brewers and Cubs.  Its going to be a fight and I just think Milwaukee has a shot.  They have played a tough early schedule.   Its close between those 3 though and any one of them could win the division.  I would not be surprised if a wild card comes out of there?  The Dodgers should be a safe pick to win the West going away.  The East might be a battle too.  If Harper had stayed in Washington I think they would have been a slam dunk.  Now that he is in Philly it makes it a horse race.  Speaking of which, the Derby favorite is scratched.  Lastly, I am behind the Blues all the way to win in hockey.  You know, the St Louis Blues?

On 5/1/2019 at 10:47 PM, kingzoso said:

GO CARDINALS!!!

What's a nice sweep like that do for your confidence? It's like the Cards want to be in 2nd place.

Image result for cubs sweep cardinals

On 5/5/2019 at 10:49 PM, Badgeholder Still said:

What's a nice sweep like that do for your confidence? It's like the Cards want to be in 2nd place.

LOL> Give it to the old boy. He thinks the Cardinals are invincible.  If you read this King, cheer on the Blues with me tonight. 

Orioles beat Red Sox and I tell you this Means is pitching great. I cant believe we have a couple of pitchers. I mean, Cashner has not been bad.  But as a team we have a ton of work to do.  Losing a franchise player like Machado is bad enough.  Then you unload O'Day and Britton and Schoop and more.  Sucks.  Assholes owner

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2019 at 9:49 PM, Badgeholder Still said:

I Know that I am way late to reply to this post but it does not feel good to be swept by the Cubs.  Since then, the Cardinals have been losing a lot more games then they have won.  Like 2-10.  Not good but I am not really worried.  Everybody's favorite Team(s) win and lose.  It's Baseball.  

I will say that I am a going to see My Cardinals later today.  They are playing the Texas Rangers tonight (5/17), Saturday and Sunday (5/19).  I asked off work this weekend so I will attend the Friday night game and the Sunday afternoon affair.  I would go to the Saturday game but it is supposed to rain all day.  Two games out of three is better than no games out of three.  

I have a feeling that I will be seeing a lot of Texas citizens wearing Saint Louis Cardinals jersey's on both days.  

Go Cardinals!!!

On 5/18/2019 at 2:42 AM, redrum said:

SF can't even buy a win.

They suck like my team sucks and Striders team sucks.  I just bet against the Angels.  16-3 Twins in the 9th.  Come out and wave the bloody white flag and end this fiasco so I can collect.  One bright spot for the Orioles, is Means.  That guy is pitching great.  Bundy is pictching pretty good too.  And Cashner not too bad but Means is a keeper. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2019 at 4:22 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

They suck like my team sucks and Striders team sucks.  I just bet against the Angels.  16-3 Twins in the 9th.  Come out and wave the bloody white flag and end this fiasco so I can collect.  One bright spot for the Orioles, is Means.  That guy is pitching great.  Bundy is pictching pretty good too.  And Cashner not too bad but Means is a keeper. 

There's about 6 decent teams in the whole damned league. Just like the NFL: Too many teams and not enough talent to spread around.

The locals say that the Mariners play to disappoint. How true that is.

9 hours ago, redrum said:

There's about 6 decent teams in the whole damned league. Just like the NFL: Too many teams and not enough talent to spread around.

The locals say that the Mariners play to disappoint. How true that is.

Just go fishing. You will be happier

On 6/8/2019 at 3:35 AM, redrum said:

Effin' Giants can beat the Dodgers but no one else. <_<

The only team that give the Dodgers any trouble  The Dodgers pretty much have won the West in May.  All of a sudden Houston has forgotten how to hit.  The Orioles just beat them again.  The Twins look like a real player this year.  And my White Sox pick is not so bad after all. Waking up are this good young team and I do believe they have the Cy Young winner

• 2 weeks later...

Weird weekend in Dodgerland. First, they set a record with three consecutive wins by walk-off home runs (each one hit by a rookie). Then, no sooner does that streak end last night than another, more bizarre streak begins. For the second game in a row a woman ran onto the field to hug Cody Bellinger. Somewhere, Morgana is smiling.