2019 Major League Baseball Thread

Walter

Not a good trip to London for the Boston Red Sox. At least when MLB has games in London they send the A-list. Unlike the NFL, who keep giving London the dregs of the league.

It's July 1 and the Lost Angeles Angels of Anaheim of the Pacific Time Zone of the Northern Hemisphere of the planet Earth in Orion are still under .500. I'm done with this season.

7 hours ago, Strider said:

Not a good trip to London for the Boston Red Sox. At least when MLB has games in London they send the A-list. Unlike the NFL, who keep giving London the dregs of the league.

It's July 1 and the Lost Angeles Angels of Anaheim of the Pacific Time Zone of the Northern Hemisphere of the planet Earth in Orion are still under .500. I'm done with this season.

Angels pitcher Skaggs found dead in hotel room at 27

Game canceled vs Texas

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

This kid Gioloto of the White Sox is the Cy Young winner in my book.  What a year he is having. Sunday he is robbed by the rain.  A 3-0 lead and a 1 hitter after 5 innings, and they jerk offs resume the game 3 -4 hours later.  Assholes.   Of course he is done for the day and they did hold on for the win.  Barely.  He did not get the W

Here come the Reds!!!  The NL Central is going to be one hell of a race!! I actually believe Cincinnati has a shot.  

Nationals are hot, so a WC in reach for them and Colorado.  Braves are tough once again.

As for my Orioles Means is a bright spot. Pitching great.

On 7/5/2019 at 12:10 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Here come the Reds!!!  The NL Central is going to be one hell of a race!! I actually believe Cincinnati has a shot.  

I would be surprised if the Reds didn't find a way to blow it. I am confident they'll keep it interesting.

https://blogredmachine.com/2019/07/05/cincinnati-reds-5-bold-predictions-second-half-2019-season/

Image result for reds

I would love it if the Reds and Pirates became competitive again. The Big Red Machine was the team I loved to watch the most in the 1970s...and the Pirates weren't too far behind.

Ironically, both of those teams back then played in the ugliest stadiums with horrible artificial turf. They play in much better ballparks now.

8 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

As it stands now, both the g-damn Phillies & Nats would get a Wild Card; does it get any worse for a Mets fan? 

Only thing to do is hope for Astros and maybe the Cubs in the World Series...

Hard to believe you have almost 25,000 posts. :)

23 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

As it stands now, both the g-damn Phillies & Nats would get a Wild Card; does it get any worse for a Mets fan? 

Only thing to do is hope for Astros and maybe the Cubs in the World Series...

It could be worse Paul.  You could be an Orioles fan like me.  I am going with the National league tonight

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

It could be worse Paul.  You could be an Orioles fan like me.  I am going with the National league tonight

Have you no allegiance?

The women’s World Cup you were rooting for anyone against the U.S. Now you’re going against the A.L. in the all-star game?  I could also bring up nfl and nhl but I know they were your 2nd fav teams at least...

sarcasm, btw  

14 minutes ago, Walter said:

Have you no allegiance?

The women’s World Cup you were rooting for anyone against the U.S. Now you’re going against the A.L. in the all-star game?  I could also bring up nfl and nhl but I know they were your 2nd fav teams at least...

sarcasm, btw  

I have loved the Blues and LA Rams for 50 years.  Both are my second favs as I live in the Buffalo market.  I am Orioles all the way, Dodgers would be my second team.  Means is pitching great, the only bright spot after the asshole blew up our team.  I wonder what Buck is doing now?  I have no news about him other than he sold his house down there.  Off to the Misty Mountains no doubt.  Being a fan of the Mets or Orioles is painful.   But you are at least in a big market and hope is always there when you have the starters you have.  Harper was one man that could have swung the power in the NL East.  I wonder if he regrets going to the Phillies?  And what is going on with Machado?  The thieving prick took the money and ran.  No all star game. No nothing. 

On 7/9/2019 at 9:11 PM, Walter said:

Have you no allegiance?

sarcasm, btw  

No allegiance?  By the way Walter, anyone that still admits to being an Orioles fan and Bills fan is pretty damn loyal in my book

53 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

No allegiance?  By the way Walter, anyone that still admits to being an Orioles fan and Bills fan is pretty damn loyal in my book

That’s your 2nd response to that post. 

Glad the AL won so the Yankees can have home field come October! Tanaka with the win and Chapman with the save.

Edited by Walter

13 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Tanaka is the weak link on that staff

That’s good to know the 2nd pitcher in for the AL All-Star team is our weak link on the staff.  Can’t wait until we pick up more pitching later this month! 

Fun day at the ballpark.  I'm glad we broke up the perfect game, because even though a bunch of people were rooting for "history", I just wasn't i the mood.  So there!  

I did, however, mention to my husband and my friend that it would be funny if, after we got the first 2 guys on in the 9th, there was a triple play.  That would have made me laugh. 

10 hours ago, ebk said:

Fun day at the ballpark.  I'm glad we broke up the perfect game, because even though a bunch of people were rooting for "history", I just wasn't i the mood.  So there!  

I did, however, mention to my husband and my friend that it would be funny if, after we got the first 2 guys on in the 9th, there was a triple play.  That would have made me laugh. 

Would I be wrong in saying that Means is our one real bright spot this year?  This guy is good.  We have a few good players but I wonder if that guy was right about us tanking?  At least some of them?  Its pretty sad to see your team blown up like ours was.  Can you believe Machado sucked in all that money and then did not even make the all star ballot? Unreal

Oh, I wanted to ask you Esther, were you there when Machado returned?  Do you know how he was received?  I still cannot believe Britton is a Yankee.  There is no loyalty in this sport any more.  Its not what it was.  Go Dodgers

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

13 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Would I be wrong in saying that Means is our one real bright spot this year?  This guy is good.  We have a few good players but I wonder if that guy was right about us tanking?  At least some of them?  Its pretty sad to see your team blown up like ours was.  Can you believe Machado sucked in all that money and then did not even make the all star ballot? Unreal

Oh, I wanted to ask you Esther, were you there when Machado returned?  Do you know how he was received?  I still cannot believe Britton is a Yankee.  There is no loyalty in this sport any more.  Its not what it was.  Go Dodgers

You are not wrong that John Means is a good pitcher.  And I don't think we're tanking.  Why would we now?  We got the 1st pick in the drat this year already.  It's just gonna be a long, slow climb, but I think we'll be okay.  Going into the international market should help a lot. 

I wasn't there, but Manny got a standing ovation when he came back.  And really Rick, there's no loyalty on either side, in any sport.  Can't blame the players.  The business has changed.  No use being angry about it.  Just enjoy the game. 

14 hours ago, ebk said:

You are not wrong that John Means is a good pitcher.  And I don't think we're tanking.  Why would we now?  We got the 1st pick in the drat this year already.  It's just gonna be a long, slow climb, but I think we'll be okay.  Going into the international market should help a lot. 

I wasn't there, but Manny got a standing ovation when he came back.  And really Rick, there's no loyalty on either side, in any sport.  Can't blame the players.  The business has changed.  No use being angry about it.  Just enjoy the game. 

Well at least the Orioles have a few titles under their belts.  Memories of McNally, Brooks and Palmer is what we have. Speaking of international, the Marlins have Yammamoto, commander of the aircraft carrier Akagi pitching today.  lOL.  I wonder if he is a descendent of the WWII Commander?   In Midway.  3-0 he is.  And can you  believe the Orioles traded Cashner to the hated rival Red Sox!!!!  WTF.    I had to check the player  stats to see why he was listed in a Boston uni?  This sport has gone  to hell.  But Go Dodgers anyway.  My 2nd fav in most sports win