2019 Major League Baseball Thread

Walter

54 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

The wussification of MLB and American culture continues! Ty Cobb is rolling in his grave.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/07/22/white-sox-debut-full-protective-netting-marlins

Sorry your boyhood idol wouldn’t approve.

NASCAR did the same stuff with installing, and then raising the height of the catch fences with reinforcements...those pussy fans didn’t want a 3500 lb car in their laps after entering the spectator section.

It took a while, but my Tigers have finally earned their place as the worst team in baseball.  How low can they go ?  Records will be broken.  Facing an 11 game road trip in 10 days on the West Coast, and we're about to trade lefty pitcher Mathew Boyd to a contender....the only guy on this team worth watching.  He's signed for 3 years....they better get something good.

On 7/25/2019 at 7:26 PM, Bong-Man said:

It took a while, but my Tigers have finally earned their place as the worst team in baseball.  How low can they go ?  Records will be broken.  Facing an 11 game road trip in 10 days on the West Coast, and we're about to trade lefty pitcher Mathew Boyd to a contender....the only guy on this team worth watching.  He's signed for 3 years....they better get something good.

Welcome to the bottom pal

On 7/25/2019 at 4:26 PM, Bong-Man said:

The Tigers pulled off a great win last night in Anaheim giving Zimmerman his first win in 18 starts.

9 hours ago, kipper said:

The Tigers pulled off a great win last night in Anaheim giving Zimmerman his first win in 18 starts.

And just like that the Orioles logo is gone and replaced by the Bills. Looking forward to football season, eh Rick?

21 hours ago, Strider said:

And just like that the Orioles logo is gone and replaced by the Bills. Looking forward to football season, eh Rick?

LOL.  Juggling.  Bills will be better than the Orioles I am sure.  Commander Yamamoto of the Japanese aircraft carrier Akagi is pitching for the Marlins tomorrow.  LOL.  The kid has pitched pretty well up til last two.  I wonder if he is related to the old boy?  In the movie Midway.  

Oh, and the Bills opened camp in Pittsford just outside of Rochester today Sean.   About 10  minutes away from me

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

On 7/30/2019 at 9:11 PM, Strider said:

Sean, I'm not a football fan---- although I have been known to pick some winners.... hehehe...

13 hours ago, kipper said:

Sean, I'm not a football fan---- although I have been known to pick some winners.... hehehe...

He is breaking my balls as usual.  I am a Bills fan first, Rams second. Hey, Paul, Guilito pitched another gem for the White Sox only to lose late due to no run support.  Your Mutts fucked me

1 minute ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

He is breaking my balls as usual.  I am a Bills fan first, Rams second. Hey, Paul, Guilito pitched another gem for the White Sox only to lose late due to no run support.  Your Mutts fucked me

Rick,  you have done your share of breaking balls too LOL!

Me--- I try to stay on the sidelines of all he sports drama here.

4 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I gave up on the Mutts in April. At least the Cubs and St. Louis squeezed the other fucks from the East out of the Wild Card. Boston ain't dead either in the AL....

4 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I gave up on the Mutts in April. At least the Cubs and St. Louis squeezed the other fucks from the East out of the Wild Card. Boston ain't dead either in the AL....

To me the biggest surprise and its rather pleasant it the re emergence of the Cincinnati Reds.  Its been ages since they were competitive.  They are only 6 games out of first. They are a sleeper for sure in that crazy division.  I would love to see them win it

What's this Friday Night Rocks bullshit on tv during the Mets/Pirates game on tv? Does MLB really think people are gonna flock to their televisions to watch more baseball because it has these 30 second jam spots? I figured this shit was part of an overall strategy. They had some band on the fricking field during the All Star Game introductions performing and then they had Bernie Williams perform on guitar during the Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony. The walk up music is bad enough, now this crap.

• 2 weeks later...

Cleveland is the one team that could prove to be the Yankees biggest thorn in the side.  They have pitching and can hit.  The 19-5 number they did on them two days ago was no doubt the worst day the Yankees have had this year.  A wake up call perhaps?  These Indians have ben on fire.  A virtual tie with the Twins for first in the division.  I would think the Indians will prevail and force the Twins into a Wild Card game.  Minnesota is now the parent team of Rochester.  Big deal.  Ill never cheer for them.  Go Dodgers

So, because I love my brother and he's here for a couple of weeks from Italy and he'd never been to Nats Park... we went to the Nats game last night.  The game that went into this morning...  The best part was that Jack White was there before his show at the Anthem (which is right down the street).  And he came back after his show at the Anthem (because it's right down the street).