2019 Major League Baseball Thread

Walter

5 hours ago, Strider said:

There goes our chance for a "Damn Yankees" storyline.

Oh well, congratulations to Houston for knocking off the Yankees. Now that it's Houston vs. Washington in the WS, I gotta go with the National League team. Go Nats!

Well i would like to see them win also which means they are doomed.  They have to beat Cole and Verlander.  Good luck with that.  And you know Cole is ready for game one and well rested.  Its going to be a bitch.  The Nats matched up great vs the Yankees.  But not Houston.  It will be a minor miracle if they can pull this off.  And just think, they lost Harper at the seasons start!!!!

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Well i would like to see them win also which means they are doomed.  They have to beat Cole and Verlander.  Good luck with that.  And you know Cole is ready for game one and well rested.  Its going to be a bitch.  The Nats matched up great vs the Yankees.  But not Houston.  It will be a minor miracle if they can pull this off.  And just think, they lost Harper at the seasons start!!!!

Mad Max, The Orchid, and Corbin (I have no idea if he has a nickname - I didn't even know he existed until August when I went to my one Nats game this season and got his bobblehead) aren't chopped liver!  Cole and JV are really good, but so are the Nats guys.  So there! 

I think it will be a fun series - even without the "Damn Yankees" angle.   We can all still sing the songs if we want!! :D 

21 hours ago, ebk said:

Mad Max, The Orchid, and Corbin (I have no idea if he has a nickname - I didn't even know he existed until August when I went to my one Nats game this season and got his bobblehead) aren't chopped liver!  Cole and JV are really good, but so are the Nats guys.  So there! 

I think it will be a fun series - even without the "Damn Yankees" angle.   We can all still sing the songs if we want!! :D 

I am happy the Yankees are finished of course.  I want the Nationals to win, so understand that.  i want them big time.  But I wanted the Dodgers to win the last 2 years also.  I like the Dodgers second to the Orioles as I know the Nationals are your second favorite team and for good reason, you live there and go to the games.  I hope that within a couple of years the Orioles return to the greatness that once was.  So Ill cheer for the Nats but I am not expecting much only due to Cole and Verlander and how damn good they are.  Of course Sherzer and Strasburg are great great pitchers too.  Scherzer maybe a tad past his prime.  Well more than a tad. But Strasburg is even with Verlander.  Maybe Verlander wont be able to pitch game two and that would give the Nats and edge on the road in game two?

Game 1: Nats - 5, Astros - 4.

So Cole is beatable after all. His first loss since May. The Nats leaky bullpen made the game interesting late and it would have been a disaster if the Nats let the game get away from them after chasing Cole and using their #3 starter and top three arms from the pen. But Doolittle came thru.

Game 2 should be a doozy...Strasbourg vs. Verlander.

Edited by Strider

On 10/23/2019 at 12:16 AM, Strider said:

Game 1: Nats - 5, Astros - 4.

So Cole is beatable after all. His first loss since May. The Nats leaky bullpen made the game interesting late and it would have been a disaster if the Nats let the game get away from them after chasing Cole and using their #3 starter and top three arms from the pen. But Doolittle came thru.

Game 2 should be a doozy...Strasbourg vs. Verlander.

I am happy that the Nats will win this thing.  And they will. You win the first two on the road vs Verlander and Cole, turn out the freakin lights

On 10/24/2019 at 10:59 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I am happy that the Nats will win this thing.  And they will. You win the first two on the road vs Verlander and Cole, turn out the freakin lights

Another gem of a prediction... :hysterical:

46 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

So far, the most enjoyable World Series I've watched in quite awhile; I don't know if Tony Kornheiser has ripped the Nats the last few days, but i hope it was funny.

Of course, if the road team does damage again, I'll have to eat shit & live with it....

😂

TK is off on the weekends. But he spent a good chunk of this morning's podcast bemoaning the last three games.

53 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

It aint over til the fat piggy sings   Joe Girardi is the new manager in Philly

Yeah, so.... Personally I think the Yanks should’ve kept him. Until we get more pitching we’re a playoff team and nothing more. Your team is a developmental team, like Kansas City, at this point. Once they get good enough, the players move on....

15 hours ago, Walter said:

Yeah, so.... Personally I think the Yanks should’ve kept him. Until we get more pitching we’re a playoff team and nothing more. Your team is a developmental team, like Kansas City, at this point. Once they get good enough, the players move on....

Small market.  Bad owner.  But their history cannot be erased

After the Cardinals exploded for 13 runs against the Braves in Game 5 their bats went silent and they got swept by the Nats.

After the Nats exploded for 12 runs in Game 2 against the Astros, their bats have now gone cold for three straight home games. Will the Astros make it four straight tonight? Or can the Nats regain their road magic?

9 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:And I want to shut Walters mouth

You’re dong the talking, I’m not. Just laughing at how you are so absolutely convinced about something that you think is going to happen, but rarely seems to happen. Thanks for the entertainment. 

^^^Yeah...dumbass call that was. Fortunately, Rendon made sure it didn't matter in the long run.

Strasburg pitched the kind of game Dodger fans have been waiting for in the playoffs for years from Kershaw. 

https://www.mlb.com/amp/news/nationals-stephen-strasburg-win-world-series-game-6.html