people who hate led zep

NewYardbirds

I always dislike it when other so called popuar muso's diss other musicians like I know Paul Weller has not said to many nice comments about Zep !! Why I mean ok you might not like the music but why publicaly say that !!

You shouldn't base your feelings towards other people based purely on their musical tastes, that's just idiotic.

yeah I don't think that we're trying to do that.

I'm more interested in actual reasons why people might not like Led Zeppelin.

There are a few different categories of people who don't like Led Zeppelin.

Those who are outside the rock culture.

Those from within the rock culture.

Each category probably has it's own set of reasons.

Any other reasons or classifications?

I think some people are better at interpreting different forms of artistic expression than others. I have a keen interest in music, but if you asked me to paint a picture of the band it would come out completely retarded. That doesn't make me a schmuck. If you asked me to give a speech on knitting, that probably would not go over very well either. There are probably some knitters who think I need to change my hobbies.

Reasons I'm aware of:

- plants whiny voice

- badly produced by Page

- songs are unnecessarily long

- jacked from blues guys [reputation]

- fuck the fucking lord of the fuckin rings

- fm radio has driven people insane w/ zep4

- their fans are obsessed with drawing the 4 symbols

...something also about zep/Page being black magic poseurs.

:notworthy::notworthy:^_^ what is it with people who dont like led zep i mean how do u not see the greatness in them

cuz i was on you tube a few days ago whatch'n a zeppelin video and i read the comments below

this guy said why does everyone luv them sooo much i hate them!!!it makes me want to go slap some since into them you know!!!

ugh

Some people don't even like Chopin...

That's their choice!!!

I did care some time ago, I was always ready to fight, now I don't.

I don't wanna know why they hate them or why they don't like the music led zep do!!

I mean you'll always find people who will say that Gold is crap...

Love!!!

Artur

I was being sarcastic.....but I can see both sides here, when you passionately love something, and someone else doesn't, it can be confronting.

I wasn't talking only to you. Though the reason why I quoted your post was exactly this: It does not have to be confronting if you can tolerate what the other person likes.

On the other hand, I think a lot of people who don't like Led Zep have never really LISTENED to the music. They have heard the hype and exclude themselves because they think they aren't the kind of person who would like that kind of music. But the fact is, Zep's music is extremely diverse, not just 'heavy metal' whatever that is, and has a strong blues/folk influence and many acoustic songs. I know people who thought they wouldn't like Zeppelin, then you play them some and all of a sudden they become converted. People who were die-hard rap/hip-hop fans (tell them Jimmy played with Diddy) and also people who were around in the 70s but shied away from the band's reputation. I have found that the music will win them over.

I know a guy who really REALLY dislikes Led Zeppelin just because his roomate was forcing him to listen to it 24/7.

:notworthy::notworthy:^_^ what is it with people who dont like led zep i mean how do u not see the greatness in them

cuz i was on you tube a few days ago whatch'n a zeppelin video and i read the comments below

this guy said why does everyone luv them sooo much i hate them!!!it makes me want to go slap some since into them you know!!!

ugh

All I know is that I am glad I am one of the fans who love them. The people who hate them don't know what they are missing and that is a shame! I feel more sorry for them.

Different strokes for different folks. It doesn't bother me if people don't like Zep. It's their choice. There's lots of music I don't like and as was mentioned earlier, it'd be pretty boring if we all liked the same things. I do find it a bit sad if people just say they don't like a band because of some preconceived notion, not actually having listened to them first. Kind of like saying you hate a food without giving it a try I suppose.

im all 4 people not liking led zepplin it will make it easier to get tickets when they start their world tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Your glass is always half full eh steve :beer: I like your attitude compared to others on here, some people like to dump all over others that have a different opinion !!!

RjK

ugh

The First Time I Heard Led Zeppelin There Music Grew On Me So Fast!!! I Love there music Everysong Is Great! People that dont Like Them Just Have no Good Taste In Music If They Dont Like Led Zeppelin!

• 12 years later...
On 12/29/2007 at 6:55 AM, Cactus said:

I was being sarcastic.....but I can see both sides here, when you passionately love something, and someone else doesn't, it can be confronting.

On the other hand, I think a lot of people who don't like Led Zep have never really LISTENED to the music. They have heard the hype and exclude themselves because they think they aren't the kind of person who would like that kind of music. But the fact is, Zep's music is extremely diverse, not just 'heavy metal' whatever that is, and has a strong blues/folk influence and many acoustic songs. I know people who thought they wouldn't like Zeppelin, then you play them some and all of a sudden they become converted. People who were die-hard rap/hip-hop fans (tell them Jimmy played with Diddy) and also people who were around in the 70s but shied away from the band's reputation. I have found that the music will win them over.

Not so much. I can’t stand them, and I’m pretty sure I won’t be converted. They are like nails on a chalkboard to me.  So please, don’t play me some: I’ve heard enough and don’t like having my ears assaulted. 

Oh, and just so y’all can write me off as a musical imbecile, I also hate Clapton, Santana, and the vast majority of guitar solos unless you happen to be Duane Allman. Zeppelin sounds to me like the screech of a modem connecting, and Clapton is the Scottie Pippin of music

Archived