Everybody is making music ...except Jimmy.

Blaize86

Just watched the Jeff Beck doc on Showtime. Got me thinking that these English musicians from Jeff, Eric, Rod , Paul, Gilmour,  even fuckin Ringo!, are all still moving and creating like true artists,  while Jimmy just revamps and sells music. 

I am getting tired of waiting!!!    How bout you ? 

I gave a good listen to Jimmy Pages Out Rider album and thought this man had more in his cataolog for music. Then I listened to Cover Dale and Jimmy and remembered how damn good Page was playing on this album. Maybe he has something for us, or not. Either way I am happy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Said this elsewhere, but it probably bears repeating in this thread: if Jimmy can't be bothered with it any more, do we really want to see him reluctantly turn up, toss it off and go through the motions? 
What value is there in that, really? Steve A. Jones once said something about Jimmy being an emotional player, rather than a technical one. I think that's exactly right.
If Jimmy played with an emotional connection to the guitar that was basically 'I'd rather be at home', the result would be more travesty than triumph.
If he doesn't want to do it, he's right not to. When all's said and done, he's Jimmy Page, FFS - hasn't he already given us more than enough? 

Archived