Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
gibsonfan159

Sound Familiar?

Too funny, Dio ripped off Lady of the Lake from his Rainbow days.  I guess it's ok to rip-off yourself.

Actually Master Of Insanity was a Geezer Butler Band holdover that Geezer brought back when he and Ronnie rejoined Black Sabbath.. The finished product is very different than the original Geezer Butler Band demo.   

I hear a strong hint of The Wanton Song... I'm guessing that is the song gibsonfan is referring to.   

Edited by the chase

9 hours ago, the chase said:

Actually Master Of Insanity was a Geezer Butler Band holdover that Geezer brought back when he and Ronnie rejoined Black Sabbath.. The finished product is very different than the original Geezer Butler Band demo.   

I hear a strong hint of The Wanton Song... I'm guessing that is the song gibsonfan is referring to.   

Perhaps, but whoever brought it in ripped off Lady of the Lake, because the finished song is a straight copy.

I also thought the OP might be taking a Wanton Song angle, since there's definitely similarities, but for a closer Rainbow-related copy, Jealous Lover (from the Joe Lynn Turner era) sounds like a slowed down version of The Wanton Song.  Or maybe what it comes down to is, Blackmore copied Wanton Song for Lady of the Lake, who knows.

There are only so many metal riffs. Eventually you are going to get some overlap. Ronnie James Dio and Black Sabbath have given the metal world so much that they're allowed to borrow a riff now and then.

The new Whitesnake song sounds like the riff from Night Ranger’s, “You Can Still” (Rock In America)

R😎