Seattle 1977 Video with Remastered Sound

SteveZ98

2 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

I did not hear poor articulation or phrasing in any of the songs played in the video.

Once again, you discredit yourself. You know what, I didn't hear any bad playing on Tempe. If Page isn't lackluster in Seattle then he's never played badly in his life. The Atlantic 40th was amazing man! Page changed everything up and used new techniques! Lol. I understand the points you're making, but none of them are related to the fact that Page just isn't on for a lot of that show. Let's agree to disagree, and god I wish I was as oblivious to bad guitar playing as you. Consider it a blessing.

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 3:49 PM, gibsonfan159 said:

Once again, you discredit yourself. You know what, I didn't hear any bad playing on Tempe. If Page isn't lackluster in Seattle then he's never played badly in his life. The Atlantic 40th was amazing man! Page changed everything up and used new techniques! Lol. I understand the points you're making, but none of them are related to the fact that Page just isn't on for a lot of that show. Let's agree to disagree, and god I wish I was as oblivious to bad guitar playing as you. Consider it a blessing.

You know Gibson, I do not insult you yet you seem to have a real problem with the opinion of others. Unless you can reply to my post like an educated, civilized adult, please do not bother.

Have a great day

2 hours ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

yet you seem to have a real problem with the opinion of others

Especially when they compare Seattle 77 Page with 73 Page. That's not opinion, that's nonsense. And if you'll notice I clearly said "let's agree to disagree" on that last post. So how about it?

4 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Especially when they compare Seattle 77 Page with 73 Page. That's not opinion, that's nonsense. And if you'll notice I clearly said "let's agree to disagree" on that last post. So how about it?

Give me a break, you are like the waiter that treats a table like crap the whole night and then sweetens up at the end trying to get a good tip. No sale amigo. You don't go about disrespecting people the majority of a post and then say, "agree to disagree" as if that will negate all your prior nastiness.

Adios

• 2 weeks later...

I must say, i have not watched that video in many years and that sound improvement is great. I much prefer listening to todays produced live shows from fans over the official live releases. I totally think that there should be some section on this site or another site, where people can share their sound production of live shows. 

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:06 PM, SteveZ98 said:

Agreed. I think there's some really good playing that was hidden before by the low quality of the audio. Hopefully improving the sound will improve the reputation of the show.

Agree.

It's amazing how well Page plays, considering how BAD he looks at the start of TSRTS.  He looks like a dead fish.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Here's an interview with Randy Brutsche, head of Showco, on the day of the Seattle '77 show. In it, he discusses the equipment that band uses to achieve their live sound. The interview starts on page 42 and is highly technical, but it's worth reading even if you don't know much about live sound to get an idea of what was involved in making a Zep show happen. 

https://worldradiohistory.com/Archive-All-Audio/Archive-Modern-Recording/70s/Modern-Recording-1978-02.pdf

I found the link in blackmikito's outstanding research into Led Zeppelin soundboards that he posted over at the hotel:

https://www.royal-orleans.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46925