Philosophers...

kidmoon

Greatest Philosopher of All Time?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is the greatest philosopher ever?

• Immanuel Kant
    • Aristotle
    • Rene Descartes
    • Plato
    • Thomas Aquinas
    • Soren Kierkegaard
    • Arthur Schopenhauer
    • Ludwig Wittgenstein
    • Fyodor Dostoyevsky
    • Friedrich Nietzsche
    • Baruch Spinoza
    • Socrates

• 8 months later...

Wow, a lot of Nietzsche Led Zeppelin fans here, I'm impressed.

I wonder how much The Rain Song plays in to this sentiment? Sort of Zep's comment on "amor Fati".

"My formula for greatness in a human being is amor fati: that one wants nothing to be different, not forward, not backward, not in all eternity. Not merely bear what is necessary, still less conceal it—all idealism is mendacity in the face of what is necessary—but love it."

This is the mystery of the quotient, Upon us all, upon us all a little rain must fall.

Wow, a lot of Nietzsche Led Zeppelin fans here, I'm impressed.

I wonder how much The Rain Song plays in to this sentiment? Sort of Zep's comment on "amor Fati".

"My formula for greatness in a human being is amor fati: that one wants nothing to be different, not forward, not backward, not in all eternity. Not merely bear what is necessary, still less conceal it—all idealism is mendacity in the face of what is necessary—but love it."

This is the mystery of the quotient, Upon us all, upon us all a little rain must fall.

Ah yes, Nietzsche, the philosopher of the morally lazy. God forbid idealism...who wants to make a better world after all, that's just silly.

BTW, reading Nietzsche into those lyrics is not just a stretch, its a chasm.

Ah yes, Nietzsche, the philosopher of the morally lazy. God forbid idealism...who wants to make a better world after all, that's just silly.

BTW, reading Nietzsche into those lyrics is not just a stretch, its a chasm.

It's not that people don't want a better world IpMan, but in all honesty MOST people just want a better part of the world for themselves don't they?

It's not that people don't want a better world IpMan, but in all honesty MOST people just want a better part of the world for themselves don't they?

Not always, after all, you cannot have a revolution of one.

Archived