2019 NFL Thread

Walter

Yes, it must be done....looking ahead to all the happenings in the NFL as we move towards free agency, the draft, mini-camps, etc.

Joe Flacco to the Broncos!?!? 

Kareem Hunt signed by the Browns!?!?

Kyler Murray - number 1 pick??

Antonio Brown leaving the ‘burg?? 

Lots to discuss.

🏼❤️🏉

• 2 weeks later...

Jason Witten is leaving the slings and arrows of the Monday Night Football booth and going back to the Dallas Cowboys. Too little too late to help the Cowboys? Players who retire and then try to come back a year later generally don't look the same, ie. Marshawn Lynch.

The NFL combine numbers are in and Kyle Murray has been found to be 5'10.5" tall and 207 pounds. Not enough for me to want to take him with the #1 pick but some team will take him. I just hope it ain't the Raiders.

Johnny Football's slide to oblivion continues. The NFL doesn't want him and Canada has kicked him out so now Johnny Manziel is trying for the AAFL. Every time I see that I think of the AFLAC duck.

• 2 weeks later...

The Raiders....smh....gave drama queen Antonio Brown a $3 miilion raise when acquiring him - now scheduled to make 19.8 mil with 4 more mil in bonuses. What an organization.  Wouldn’t pay Mack or Cooper - but will this lockeroom disaster. Isn’t he 30, also?

19 hours ago, Walter said:

^ actually if they’re not gonna be in Oakland, Vegas seems like the perfect fit to me.

Lots of players getting over paid today...Buffalo is looking good! :hysterical:

Anything's gotta be better than Oakland.

Jets buy Bell for 4 years/52 mil - seems like a popular contract. Less $ per year than he would’ve made last season on the Steelers tag.  Will he disappear like so many jets signings have in the past?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around Cleveland paying Greg Robinson 7 - 9 million next year.  Supposedly he played well from game 8 on....I'm skeptical.  I think Mayfield was just rolling out the other way.  He's a human sloth, and he's yet to produce anything for a full season for anybody.  It's only for one year so far,  but they sure did over-pay.

The Lions made some good moves on defense, but it means nothing.  Their offensive line was owned by two teams in the division, and the only thing that's happened so far was cutting TJ Lang, who was supposedly our best lineman when he was rarely healthy.  My friend who took me to games for the last 40 years has dumped his season tickets that have been in his family since 1970.  The Lions are going ticketless, which means if you try to sell your 'tickets' to someone, you have to pay the Lions a fee coming and going to unload a pair of $250 buck tickets to an out-of-town Chicago or Green Bay fan.  He won't be alone.  If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have paid to see a game since Barry retired a generation ago.   I keep teasing him, "Maybe you're the hex !!"  😄     

On 3/10/2019 at 7:56 AM, Walter said:

The Raiders....smh....gave drama queen Antonio Brown a $3 miilion raise when acquiring him - now scheduled to make 19.8 mil with 4 more mil in bonuses. What an organization.  Wouldn’t pay Mack or Cooper - but will this lockeroom disaster. Isn’t he 30, also?

Just makes it easier to say "Sayonara!"

6 hours ago, Strider said:

Just makes it easier to say "Sayonara!"

I researched that he will be 31 this summer! Stupid. Then they signed Williams today 4/44 mil. That’s over 30 mil for 2 wr’s...

The money thrown just simple baffles me. 

5 hours ago, Walter said:

I researched that he will be 31 this summer! Stupid. Then they signed Williams today 4/44 mil. That’s over 30 mil for 2 wr’s...

The money thrown just simple baffles me. 

Chucky and Al's retarded son are gonna burn the franchise to the ground.

9 hours ago, Strider said:

Chucky and Al's retarded son are gonna burn the franchise to the ground.

They could not afford Anotonio Brown?  The Bills and him did not work things out. So the fucking Jets get him?  Unreal.  But he is a head case.  I would not want to coach the prick.  Tons of moves and more coming from the Bills.  The only real head scratcher is Gore. 

• 1 month later...

My cable provider decided that a week before the NFL Draft would be a good time to drop the NFL Network from my cable package.  Their marketing dept. decided that now would be a better time than the middle of May ?  That's genius stuff right there !  I guess constant reruns of "Dr. Pimple Popper" and "My 600 lb. life" is a cheaper and bigger ratings draw.  I got on their website and gave them the following input....

"So your company dropped the NFL Network because they raised the price on you ?  I'll be sure to use the same criteria when I evaluate your cable package in the Fall." 

I think Buffalo had a good draft.  Two likelly starters. The entire offensive line is rebuilt and I assure you its going to be good.  The addition of Brown and Beasley, receiver's acquired in FA will be a huge help.  Gore to me is still a head scratcher.  A Bills fan friend of mine is excited but I ask him ;"don't you fucking realize how old this guy is?"  WTF?  

The Rams had one hell of a draft.  Look out.

• 1 month later...

Carson Wentz 4 year $128 million extension, at least 66 fully guaranteed. Up to $144 million with $108 mil guaranteed...that’s a lot of faith in a player that didn’t finish the last two seasons on the field. 

On 6/7/2019 at 10:04 AM, Walter said:

Carson Wentz 4 year $128 million extension, at least 66 fully guaranteed. Up to $144 million with $108 mil guaranteed...that’s a lot of faith in a player that didn’t finish the last two seasons on the field. 

Agree and now Foles is gone.  Ill be seeing your boys on Turkey day.  Can't wait. Bills at Cowboys on Thanksgiving!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

My wife's dry cleaner that she is leaving just delivered the Bills their pants at the training camp.  The company does not make shit on it and you cant get near the players.  Unless you want to go  to St John Fisher and get on a golf cart and ride into the camp area.  I could probably manage to meet Josh Allen or someone of significance on the roster. I  have done it before years ago.  In my closet is a jersey of Trent Edwards.  Remember that guy?  5-1 and then bang.  Fell off the cliff and into obscurity.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 8:19 AM, Bong-Man said:

My cable provider decided that a week before the NFL Draft would be a good time to drop the NFL Network from my cable package.  Their marketing dept. decided that now would be a better time than the middle of May ?  That's genius stuff right there !  I guess constant reruns of "Dr. Pimple Popper" and "My 600 lb. life" is a cheaper and bigger ratings draw.  I got on their website and gave them the following input....

"So your company dropped the NFL Network because they raised the price on you ?  I'll be sure to use the same criteria when I evaluate your cable package in the Fall." 

3 months later, and now I lose CBS and all their affiliates.  That means no weekend golf coverage, and no Sunday AFC action, on a channel I can receive for free without any cable package.  It's my understanding this stems from CBS raising their price to my cable provider from $2 dollars to $3 dollars a month. GRRRR !!   My first loss will be the exhibition game between the Lions and Bills.  As they say on Monday Night Football...."COME ON MAN !!"