2019 NFL Thread

Walter

17 minutes ago, Strider said:

No matter who wins this game they go to Green Bay. Minnesota by beating New Orleans guarantees that they go to San Francisco next week no matter what happens in the Philly-Seattle game.

Yes and Green Bay is beatable. Definitely by Seattle, but we’ll see.

3 hours ago, Walter said:

Breaking News:  Cowboys to hire Mike McCarthy as their new head coach. :yes2:

What do you think of this move? I am very surprised.  First at how fast Jerry made it.  And second that McCarthy is so desperate to go under Jerry's wing?  I mean, he could have had the Cleveland job, with far less stress.  But he of course knows Dallas has a ton of talent.  But I tell you big decisions must be made.  Your star receiver is on this list of unrestricted free agents.  Cooper.  https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

What do you think of this move? I am very surprised.  First at how fast Jerry made it.  And second that McCarthy is so desperate to go under Jerry's wing?  I mean, he could have had the Cleveland job, with far less stress.  But he of course knows Dallas has a ton of talent.  But I tell you big decisions must be made.  Your star receiver is on this list of unrestricted free agents.  Cooper.  https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

It’s a great hire.  The fact it happened that quickly makes it even better - both sides are all in.

Parcells worked with/for a number of years, so I think this “Jerry calls all the shots” is quite a bit overblown. McCarthy know if he does the job, he will be kept for awhile - in Cleveland, they fired their head coach AND GM after one season.

As far as Cooper goes...he put up good numbers, but disappears in big games against top DBs. I wouldn’t pay him $20 mil a year.

14 hours ago, Walter said:

It’s a great hire.  The fact it happened that quickly makes it even better - both sides are all in.

Parcells worked with/for a number of years, so I think this “Jerry calls all the shots” is quite a bit overblown. McCarthy know if he does the job, he will be kept for awhile - in Cleveland, they fired their head coach AND GM after one season.

As far as Cooper goes...he put up good numbers, but disappears in big games against top DBs. I wouldn’t pay him $20 mil a year.

But who can blame Cleveland for firing Kitchens.  Hiring mistake

If it were me I would rather have the Cleveland job, even with Dallas and their talent.  Because JJ is going to be breathing down your neck.  Who wants that?  Id take my chances with Baker Mayfield

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Most reports have Brady going to the Chargers.  It makes sense because he lives there and his wife wants him to retire.  This is kind of like meeting her halfway.  His house is on  the market in New England.  Tennessee has come up because he is friends with the head coach.  Recently the Miami Dolphins have come up.  I say no way.  Why would Miami want to invest in a QB that will be 43 at season start?  Is Fitz retired for sure?  I believe they will use one of their 3 number one draft picks to get a QB.  Perhaps they trade one to move up if they really love one of them?  If I were them I would build the team in other areas.  Skill areas.  Get linemen in free agency.  You do not want rookie offensive linemen.  You draft receivers or running backs and first of course a franchise QB if possible.  I fear Miami and the Jets more than NE moving forward.  But I am picking the Bills to win the East next year all the way

On 1/9/2020 at 8:28 AM, paul carruthers said:

The Dolphins need the complete overhaul & they obviously need skill at just about every position, but QB seems to be the most important thing for every team. I'll call it & say the Bills will still battle with the Pats for the division crown in 2020....

NE has big changes coming.  Too soon to say they will even be better than the Jets or Miami.  Seriously.  They are going to lose Brady and maybe Belecheck and whats that offensive CO that turned down the Indy job?  He is likely to take the Cleveland job.  NE is finished.   They have the oldest team in the league.  Get the idea out of your head that because they won for so long they will keep winning.  It all ends.  It ended for Montana, Unitas, Namath, Starr and its ending for Brady. And the same way.  In another uni.  Likely Chargers.  NE is finished.  The Bills should win the East. Must replace Lorenzo Alexander who retired and get a number one receiver of quality

51 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

I have a feeling this game could be a blowout for the Niners,...

Still can be even though Minnesota got over on that first TD.  Further proof my Bills have the best secondary in the NFL. But not always good enough.  How the hell we let Watson off the hook still piss's me off.  We would have given KC a better fight.  KC will destroy Houston's D.  Mahomeboy wont make any mistakes.  I believe Allen will get better.  He has to tuck the ball under his arm when past the line of scrimmage   Do that and the Bills can be tough.  Need another receiver, and Beane will get one. Terry Pegula, our owner, and owner of the hockey team also, his daughter is playing Serena Williams tonight in tennis.  Big match

9 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I suspected there would be an "upset special," but the damn Titans with Ryan Tannehill?

:wacko:

He looks like Tom Brady in that Mike Vrabel offense. He threw that ball on the dime. It helps having a 240 lb wrecking ball coming through the line like a hot knife going through butter!