2019 NFL Thread

Walter

Anyone who watched last week's Buffalo @ Houston game knows that Houston's (and Buffalo's) coach is not the brightest bulb in the bunch. Besides, I remember 35-3 in 1992 so I know Houston has a propensity to choke away leads.

Therefore, this game was not a surprise. A 24-0 lead in the first quarter is not as sure a thing as a 24-0 lead in the fourth. There was plenty of game left for Kansas City to find their rhythm. Especially with Houston's coaching and special teams blunders.

The better team won, no doubt. Kansas City would have destroyed Buffalo, too.

Has Bill O'Brien been fired yet? Pushed out of the plane? Worst coaching in a playoff game since the glory days of Andy Reid. O'Brien went Full-Reid today...and luckily for Andy Reid he was coaching against someone who was more incompetent. 73 year old defensive coordinator Romeo Cremmel needs to go, too. You surrender 51 points and touchdowns on eight straight drives...bye bye!

Now it is the real Houston team, the former Houston Oilers aka Tennessee Titans taking on Kansas City for the AFC Championship. Another former Patriot, Mike Vrabel, will be coaching against Andy Reid.

Edited by Strider

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/01/browns-announce-kevin-stefanski-as-18th-full-time-head-coach-we-were-looking-for-a-strong-leader-for-this-football-team.html

This is why Cleveland sucks and will always suck. Kevin Stefanski was their second choice last year. That's right, he couldn't even beat out Freddie Kitchens, who was an obviously bad hire right from the start.

So now Cleveland wants to hire the guy who was so impressive that they hired Freddie Kitchens instead? A guy who ran the pedestrian Minnesota Vikings offense? Why not Josh McDaniels or Eric Bienamy...guys who have at least shown they can run a dynamic offense?

Or how about getting a defensive guy like the 49ers Robert Saleh?

What's next for Cleveland? Hiring Romeo Crennel or Rob Ryan as Defensive Coordinator?

Edited by Strider

18 hours ago, Strider said:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/01/browns-announce-kevin-stefanski-as-18th-full-time-head-coach-we-were-looking-for-a-strong-leader-for-this-football-team.html

This is why Cleveland sucks and will always suck. Kevin Stefanski was their second choice last year. That's right, he couldn't even beat out Freddie Kitchens, who was an obviously bad hire right from the start.

So now Cleveland wants to hire the guy who was so impressive that they hired Freddie Kitchens instead? A guy who ran the pedestrian Minnesota Vikings offense? Why not Josh McDaniels or Eric Bienamy...guys who have at least shown they can run a dynamic offense?

Or how about getting a defensive guy like the 49ers Robert Saleh?

What's next for Cleveland? Hiring Romeo Crennel or Rob Ryan as Defensive Coordinator?

I wish I knew if McDaniels was offered the job and turned it down again thinking Belecheck is going to leave?  Not sure. Not sure if there are more jobs open.  Did Jacksonvillel wind up keeping Marone?  If so, WHY?

On 1/14/2020 at 2:22 PM, paul carruthers said:

^^ The jags haven't fired him, yet.. Maybe after dumping Tom Coughlin they want to give him another shot to see if he can turn it around later this year--an educated guess on my part....

Unreal that he has survived this shit storm.  I hate the bastard.  I hope he loses 12 next year.  I wonder if Cincy is going to be smart and just grab Burrows?  Or like ESPN said, they can get a Kings Ransom if they trade down and still get a top notch QB?  Tough decision.  Maybe it would be good to do that?  But they have a defense.  Burrows could possible win there right away?  Green is still there too

5 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Unreal that he has survived this shit storm.  I hate the bastard.  I hope he loses 12 next year.  I wonder if Cincy is going to be smart and just grab Burrows?  Or like ESPN said, they can get a Kings Ransom if they trade down and still get a top notch QB?  Tough decision.  Maybe it would be good to do that?  But they have a defense.  Burrows could possible win there right away?  Green is still there too

He’s an unrestricted free agent as of the end of the season.  

They have some good on that team, but the o-line is horrible. 

3 hours ago, Walter said:

He’s an unrestricted free agent as of the end of the season.  

They have some good on that team, but the o-line is horrible. 

The new rule is to rebuild offensive line through free agency because you get veterans that are less likely to make mistakes like moving too soon?  But sometimes great rookie offensive linemen are available from schools such as Alabama or Ohio st just as examples

I think it would be tough for even the Bungles to mess up this draft?  They should grab Burrows

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The new rule is to rebuild offensive line through free agency because you get veterans that are less likely to make mistakes like moving too soon?  But sometimes great rookie offensive linemen are available from schools such as Alabama or Ohio st just as examples

I think it would be tough for even the Bungles to mess up this draft?  They should grab Burrows

Looks like they will from everything I’ve been hearing.  O-line guys in FA are overpriced. You might get an old one on the cheap, but you really need to build a line through the draft, IMO. 

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Looks like they will from everything I’ve been hearing.  O-line guys in FA are overpriced. You might get an old one on the cheap, but you really need to build a line through the draft, IMO. 

The way they are thinking is its not a skill position and young OL make the type of mistakes that cause penalties unlike veterans

Belecheck 101   LOL

Here is a link that has a good list

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

Edited by LedZeppfan1977