2019 NFL Thread

Walter

22 hours ago, Badgeholder Still said:

It's not their fault they share a division and play those 6 divisional games against 3 sub-par teams.

Check the Patriots points allowed. On the Bills, the Jets scored 16, the Bengals scored 17 and the Dolphins scored 21!  And you wanna talk defense?

All Bills wins have been against cupcakes.

Quality teams and players produce results, not excuses. 

There has never been and there never will be perfect officiating. Bad calls, however, are perfect for teams and fans who rely on excuses. 

If the Bills were a real contender, the could rise above misfortune and beat the Pats by multiple scores. You wanna believe something, believe that.

This is how you produce results.  Go Vikes!

Related image

22 hours ago, Badgeholder Still said:

It's not their fault they share a division and play those 6 divisional games against 3 sub-par teams.

Check the Patriots points allowed. On the Bills, the Jets scored 16, the Bengals scored 17 and the Dolphins scored 21!  And you wanna talk defense?

All Bills wins have been against cupcakes.

Quality teams and players produce results, not excuses. 

There has never been and there never will be perfect officiating. Bad calls, however, are perfect for teams and fans who rely on excuses. 

If the Bills were a real contender, the could rise above misfortune and beat the Pats by multiple scores. You wanna believe something, believe that.

This is how you produce results.  Go Vikes!

Related image

The Bills are contenders because they have a top level defense.  The offense is a work in progress as is Allen and i expect them to get better.  They have some good teams to practice on after Philly.  I think the Vikings have a good shot in the NFC and so do the Rams and Carolina as a sleeper.  I am picking Carolina to pull the upset over SF this week, though I do not really look at it as a huge upset.

17 hours ago, Walter said:

There are very few certainties...Rick making wrong predictions is one of them!  

I got this wrong because those bungle heads are clueless.  I fear only their pass rush this week.  If our coaching staff is smart, big if, they can burn them down field.  Ill give you my two picks for this week.  Carolina over SF and Tampa over Tennessee

On 10/20/2019 at 7:34 PM, ebk said:

How about those Ravens!

Who can stop Lamar? It'll be interesting to see how the Pats, 49ers and, i guess Bills handle him.

17 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The Bills are contenders because they have a top level defense. 

They'll have their chance to prove that against Lamar Jackson and Tom Brady.

I think the Vikings have a good shot in the NFC

The Vikings always have a good shot at the NFC title. Unfortunately for the fans, the have become the Scott Norwood of NFL teams.

I am picking Carolina to pull the upset over SF this week, though I do not really look at it as a huge upset.

What do the 49ers have to do to earn some respect?  They're undefeated and have a top 3 defense.

5 hours ago, Badgeholder Still said:

Who can stop Lamar? It'll be interesting to see how the Pats, 49ers and, i guess Bills handle him.

They'll have their chance to prove that against Lamar Jackson and Tom Brady.

The Vikings always have a good shot at the NFC title. Unfortunately for the fans, the have become the Scott Norwood of NFL teams.

What do the 49ers have to do to earn some respect?  They're undefeated and have a top 3 defense.

What does Carolina have to do to earn some respect?  

On 10/22/2019 at 5:41 PM, Walter said:

There are very few certainties...Rick making wrong predictions is one of them!  

Here are my wrong predictions for this week.   Carolina +5 over SF.  Tampa +2 vs Tennessee.  (I thought this was the London game?) and I am a bit scared of the Eagles this week.  Allen must learn to play in the first half.  And the coaching staff is too damn predictable.

4 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Here are my wrong predictions for this week.   Carolina +5 over SF.  Tampa +2 vs Tennessee.  (I thought this was the London game?) and I am a bit scared of the Eagles this week.  Allen must learn to play in the first half.  And the coaching staff is too damn predictable.

:hysterical:

When are the Bills going to win the AFC East over the Pats again?  Still waiting for that prediction to come into fruition....a couple of decades now. ;) 

12 hours ago, Walter said:

:hysterical:

When are the Bills going to win the AFC East over the Pats again?  Still waiting for that prediction to come into fruition....a couple of decades now. ;) 

No and it might be this year.  A favorable schedule like games at home vs Washington and Denver and a gift on Thanksgiving at Dallas gives us pretty much a lock for  Wild Card at minimum.  NE finally has to start to play their tough schedule.  Hell, how fucking nice of the asshole schedule makers to give them 8 non playoff teams to start the season.  The Bills are the one game they should have lost.  Allen was taken out on a dirty hit, on what was to be the winning drive I assure you. They won the game on a blocked punt.  Scored only 9 on our defense which is as good as any in football and you have to agree with that. As long as Allen is given the right play designs we can go farther than many people realize with this defense.  Like John Madden once said, any time you have a good defense you have a chance. NE has to go to Baltimore and do not count Cleveland out this week.  They have gone up there with worst teams and rolled NE and its very strange, but for some reason Cleveland has been a bit of a jinx team to them.  Eagles front line will be hell bent on winning this game. They need it desperately.  But if we can get any looks down field, we can exploit their banged up secondary.  

1 hour ago, Badgeholder Still said:

I dunno. Be undefeated. Lead their division. 

That said, McCaffrey is a 1 man army and i wish i could catch more Panther games just to watch him slice up defenses. 

This is a game the 49ers can lose for sure. And the next meeting with the Rams will be much different result.  I am no believer in SF

6 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

No and it might be this year.  A favorable schedule like games at home vs Washington and Denver and a gift on Thanksgiving at Dallas gives us pretty much a lock for  Wild Card at minimum.  NE finally has to start to play their tough schedule.  Hell, how fucking nice of the asshole schedule makers to give them 8 non playoff teams to start the season.  The Bills are the one game they should have lost.  Allen was taken out on a dirty hit, on what was to be the winning drive I assure you. They won the game on a blocked punt.  Scored only 9 on our defense which is as good as any in football and you have to agree with that. As long as Allen is given the right play designs we can go farther than many people realize with this defense.  Like John Madden once said, any time you have a good defense you have a chance. NE has to go to Baltimore and do not count Cleveland out this week.  They have gone up there with worst teams and rolled NE and its very strange, but for some reason Cleveland has been a bit of a jinx team to them.  Eagles front line will be hell bent on winning this game. They need it desperately.  But if we can get any looks down field, we can exploit their banged up secondary.  

Since they had to have a last minute comeback to defeat a winless Cincinnati team - at home - and then had to return an onside kick against a winless Miami to win by more than 3 - at home - I wouldn't take any Bills game as "favorable".  The combined record of their 5 wins is 6-27 (.182 winning %)....and you're bitching about the Pats (again)?  The record of the teams they've defeated is at least 12-32 (.273 winning %). 

On 10/24/2019 at 8:07 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Here are my wrong predictions for this week.   Carolina +5 over SF.  Tampa +2 vs Tennessee.  (I thought this was the London game?) and I am a bit scared of the Eagles this week.  Allen must learn to play in the first half.  And the coaching staff is too damn predictable.

No. The Bungles vs. Lambs is the London game this week.

On 10/25/2019 at 1:28 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

This is a game the 49ers can lose for sure. And the next meeting with the Rams will be much different result.  I am no believer in SF

You might want to start. I believe in San Francisco a helluva lot more than Buffalo, that's for sure. Pure stinko egg laid by Buffalo today vs. Philly...at home, no less.

4 hours ago, Strider said:

You might want to start. I believe in San Francisco a helluva lot more than Buffalo, that's for sure. Pure stinko egg laid by Buffalo today vs. Philly...at home, no less.

I saw this coming.  When one team is desperate and the other is in complacency mode, take the desperate team.  The offensive coordinator is a problem.  The biggest surprise was Buffalo's defense playing their worst game in two years.  The run for 60 yards Micah Hyde was blocked and went the wrong way.  Edmunds was taking a fucking nap.  I am not ready to give up on Allen or them for that matter over one game. They are 11 point favorites already vs Washington next week and I do not think they will take them lightly.  It wont be a fun practice. The Rams are still my Super Bowl pick.  They are coming on and they are going to be heard from. All you New Orleans and Dallas fans.  Philly can still win that division.  Green Bay are pretenders and that will come out down the road.  And the Cleveland Browns played a good game.  They were able to run the ball on New England.  Just too many mistakes and costly turnovers.  But they are getting better.  I expect them to win at Denver. I look forward to the Rams rematch with the 49ers.  The Rams will take them out like the trash they are

19 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I saw this coming.  When one team is desperate and the other is in complacency mode, take the desperate team.  The offensive coordinator is a problem.  The biggest surprise was Buffalo's defense playing their worst game in two years.  The run for 60 yards Micah Hyde was blocked and went the wrong way.  Edmunds was taking a fucking nap.  I am not ready to give up on Allen or them for that matter over one game. They are 11 point favorites already vs Washington next week and I do not think they will take them lightly.  It wont be a fun practice. The Rams are still my Super Bowl pick.  They are coming on and they are going to be heard from. All you New Orleans and Dallas fans.  Philly can still win that division.  Green Bay are pretenders and that will come out down the road.  And the Cleveland Browns played a good game.  They were able to run the ball on New England.  Just too many mistakes and costly turnovers.  But they are getting better.  I expect them to win at Denver. I look forward to the Rams rematch with the 49ers.  The Rams will take them out like the trash they are

The Niners put up 51 against McCaffrey &co. But this guy is the future of Pro football?

Is this princess gonna put up 51 against anyone this year?

Related image