NEWLY DISCOVERED BY EV / WHATS ALL THIS ?

Boogie Mama

• Boogie Mama changed the title to NEWLY DISCOVERED BY EV / WHATS ALL THIS ?

The download link for this was send on request. Notes from the information sheet attached:

"...Background:Since few years it was believed that the second tape source is in circulation among a small group of people from Cleveland, who were close friends of the taper. In 2011, a person who is responsible for the transfer was contacted and kindly asked for a copy of this tape. The transfer has been made in a professional studio, and with proper head azimuth to achieve the best quality possible. The tape itself hasn't been traded anywhere except for a very small group of collectors in standard 44.1/16 rate.

In December 2018, the Japanese label T2K announced that the second audience source for April 28th show will be exclusively released as a part of massive 9 disc box set. It was an obvious violation of the agreement between the taper and people, whom he trade his tape as he clearly indicated to not sharing his recording with the public, and prevent it from bootleging. Soon after the decision has been made to publish an audiophile 24/96 version (which has been carefully mastered) to beat down the recently released bootleg set and to let people hear the complete alternate Destroyer tape in its full power and glory..."

"...Please do not torrent it anywhere outside the community (and this is especially dedicated to a member of Dime nicknamed jesusmahdi- the person responsible for this download is about to share other uncirculated sources unless they won't be shared anywhere on the public; this is the main and ultimate clausule to let these recordings seeing the day light in the future)!..."

5 minutes ago, Boogie Mama said:

Thank you.. ok interesting'.. so this is what was on argenteumastrum..

Well it dident take long did it' for EV to do another one of their Classic Releases..

The 3 CD Set is $30 & the Box Set $98..

I think i might be tempted to the 3 CD Set & Add it to my Box Set Like thieve done..

Oh what next' my Gas Bill, the 3 CD or the Van's ?.. 

Edited by Boogie Mama

8 minutes ago, Boogie Mama said:

I think i might be tempted to the 3 CD Set & Add it to my Box Set Like thieve done..

Oh what next' my Gas Bill, the 3 CD or the Van's ?.. 

In my $ it's £39 with full tracked post for the 3 CD Set which is not Bad'..

Nice One!.. Love it'...

Edited by Boogie Mama

1 hour ago, drpete said:

I never understood why you would want to hoard a tape.  If you have a rare tape , and aren't waiting for someone to pay you,  why not share with the world 

It lays absolutely behind from my personal decision. I just shared of what was given to me by the kind permission of people who were responsible for Cleveland show. I was told that they also have few uncirculated sources but from my point of view, they may be much upset seeing numerous releases including their tape and likely they won't release anything else because of that.

It has also nothing to do with the charity sense of behavior. It's just like the valuating your goods and looking for redistributing them in the way you feel it's enough satisfying for you. We should be much grateful they've been able to share the Cleveland tape with us. Someone just broke the promise and put a download link in the place, where it shouldn't be and bootleggers kept an eye on it immediately. This is why I am personally not the biggest fan of torrents and online sharing of music or video contents. These kind of things should be much limited and distributed among people who have enough desire and respect to each other, so bootleggers wouldn't be so fast with taking it and making money from it. Remembering the glory days of snail mail trading and B&P service. It was so damn good to wait for your pieces of music and talk to people and ask or eventually pay a little. Now kids wants everything for free but my question is does it should be really for everyone? Commercials over. This is what it is.

Edited by zepster1979

4 hours ago, zepster1979 said:

It lays absolutely behind from my personal decision. I just shared of what was given to me by the kind permission of people who were responsible for Cleveland show. I was told that they also have few uncirculated sources but from my point of view, they may be much upset seeing numerous releases including their tape and likely they won't release anything else because of that.

It has also nothing to do with the charity sense of behavior. It's just like the valuating your goods and looking for redistributing them in the way you feel it's enough satisfying for you. We should be much grateful they've been able to share the Cleveland tape with us. Someone just broke the promise and put a download link in the place, where it shouldn't be and bootleggers kept an eye on it immediately. This is why I am personally not the biggest fan of torrents and online sharing of music or video contents. These kind of things should be much limited and distributed among people who have enough desire and respect to each other, so bootleggers wouldn't be so fast with taking it and making money from it. Remembering the glory days of snail mail trading and B&P service. It was so damn good to wait for your pieces of music and talk to people and ask or eventually pay a little. Now kids wants everything for free but my question is does it should be really for everyone? Commercials over. This is what it is.

I remember the days of Xeroxed fan 'zines with ads in the back for trading "P&B"!  First it was tapes of bootleg records, then known generation tapes off a master, next CD's.  Now with torrents and sites like Dime it's so easy to have a giant collection.  I think torrents DECREASE the value of "for sale" bootlegs since any semi industrious person can get the shows without paying a bootlegger...

Edited by chef free
The usual spelling errors!

You'd think whoever the dirty weasel was who secretly comes from EVSD and nabbed this recording would have at least had the sense to wait until those people who were offering more tapes had made good on their offers. I guess the label is really desperate for cash

Edited by Sue Dounim

Apart from the 28th what i find interesting is who is the Maxell Corporation director who i think they mean shot the whole show who they say they borrowed an open reel from for the 27th show, was they like Showco or i thought it came from Bonham himself. it always sounds like EVSD are always getting their SBD's from the people who always have the permission to record their show's either rumoured showco for 929 Osaka & now this Maxell Co borrowed Open reel SBD for the 27th show ?.. 

10 hours ago, Boogie Mama said:

Apart from the 28th what i find interesting is who is the Maxell Corporation director who i think they mean shot the whole show who they say they borrowed an open reel from for the 27th show, was they like Showco or i thought it came from Bonham himself. it always sounds like EVSD are always getting their SBD's from the people who always have the permission to record their show's either rumoured showco for 929 Osaka & now this Maxell Co borrowed Open reel SBD for the 27th show ?.. 

Maxell is the brand of cassette tape used to record the soundboard. The recording was made by the local crew in Cleveland as a favor to the crew in Seattle who would be filming the Kingdome show. So, the Cleveland board is one of the few Zeppelin soundboards with non-Showco lineage, which is why it sounds different compared to the other 1977 soundboards. See the notes from the soundboard version circulated by Weedwacker years ago.

Thank's yeah, the Google translation of the written image is automatic & translated like that. i just quoted it. right that make's sense what your saying & i sort of new they filmed it, it just sound's interesting they borrowed it from the director. witch i thought was else wear. they sounded Maxwell sound like an organization,  As i thought it came from Bonham.

The automatic google translated image uploaded is just a window snip from yahoo auction's.  

• 4 months later...

I finally tracked this puppy down. FINALLY! 😂 And the tapes live up to the years of hype- as an 'alternative' source its a good one, not as boomy as the main source recording (I still think this is the best 1977 performance, by the way) but clearly taped in a different part of Richfield. Plus, it's complete and you don't have Beavis and Butthead -the source one tapers- yacking and "Oh fuck!"ing every thirty seconds. The crowds a little chatty here but not overly annoying, though I miss the "Hey Jimmy, learn to play guitar" remark before "Trampled" 😂 

For the audio savvy, knock about 9dbs of bass off and you have a very enjoyable listen here. I thought the raw tape sounded a bit fuzzy. 

• 1 month later...

Let´s talk about this upcoming 929 Osaka AUD Master release.

The best AUD version that I know so far is still medoicre compared to the best AUD sources of 923. The 929 AUD is distant, unbalanced & Robert´s voice suffers from heavy echo- even the master tape wouldn´t solve these problems.

Maybe EV uses the so-called "Mr. Peach recording", which has been released by Tarantura 2K recently? (which I haven´t heard so far)

Any thoughts?

D8ikZsWV4AAZKKJ.jpg-large.jpg.38ae07215e

On 9/7/2019 at 7:08 PM, Autumn Moon said:

Let´s talk about this upcoming 929 Osaka AUD Master release.

The best AUD version that I know so far is still medoicre compared to the best AUD sources of 923. The 929 AUD is distant, unbalanced & Robert´s voice suffers from heavy echo- even the master tape wouldn´t solve these problems.

Maybe EV uses the so-called "Mr. Peach recording", which has been released by Tarantura 2K recently? (which I haven´t heard so far)

Any thoughts?

D8ikZsWV4AAZKKJ.jpg-large.jpg.38ae07215e

Was this a recent post?  A new master SBD of Bonzo's Bday?? Surely not from the second night at the Forum?? 

21 hours ago, porgie66 said:

Was this a recent post?  A new master SBD of Bonzo's Bday?? Surely not from the second night at the Forum?? 

Unfortunately not Bonzo´s Birthday nor the second night June 3, I misread that too- it is 1975, the new master SBD of LA Forum 1975 = The Night Stalker

This flyer is enclosed to the Pareidolia Paradigm Box.

Edited by Autumn Moon