Pontiac Silverdome

Moby_Dick_Ale

• 3 weeks later...

The April 30 Pontiac Silverdome gig is one of my favourite 1977 shows. Since this year was the 45th anniversary of the show, I have been listening and reading about the show. I thought everything had already been said about Pontiac but then I found this article in which it is revealed that former Detroit Tiger/LA Dodger legend Kirk Gibson was part of the stage security crew at the show along with his Michigan State teammates! Holy crap...how has no one mentioned this before now?

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/led-zeppelin-silverdome/

On 5/18/2022 at 3:34 PM, Strider said:

The April 30 Pontiac Silverdome gig is one of my favourite 1977 shows. Since this year was the 45th anniversary of the show, I have been listening and reading about the show. I thought everything had already been said about Pontiac but then I found this article in which it is revealed that former Detroit Tiger/LA Dodger legend Kirk Gibson was part of the stage security crew at the show along with his Michigan State teammates! Holy crap...how has no one mentioned this before now?

Gibson pushed Eckersley off the barricades.

On 5/18/2022 at 5:34 PM, Strider said:

I agree, this is an extremely cool bit of trivia.  It would be interesting to hear of other prominent athletes, celebrities, etc. who had Zeppelin stories to share, there surely must be a good number of them.

23 hours ago, gcczep said:

Gibson pushed Eckersley off the barricades.

LOL.  Yeah, I can see Gibson fitting in with the whole gangster vibe the Zep crew had going back then (he looked a bit like Johnny Bindon).  Interesting from that article that there really weren't a lot of problems at the Pontiac show (rare for '77 Zep).