Houston 1977 - Remastered Soundboard

SteveZ98

2 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Cool, I have this and I'll have to put it on again maybe tonight. :stereo:

I recall it is an outstanding sound - not dry as f_ck like a lot of the '77 boards.

For what it's worth, this remaster is the one I'm happiest with. I'm never 100% satisfied with any of them, but this is the one that comes the closest to the sound I'm trying to achieve with the '77 boards.

Guys, The intro and entire song TSRTS is I think best ever - at least in this quality. Page is off the hook supreme and the rest are not only keeping up but killing it. it's ridiculous.

And that sound quality! :thumbsup:

This sounds awesome Steve. Pretty much removed the extreme sharpness from the source. That was the only real complaint I had with The Houston Board. Two thumbs way up. I would greatly appreciate to hear the rest!! 

Edited by Makevli7

53 minutes ago, Makevli7 said:

This sounds awesome Steve. Pretty much removed the extreme sharpness from the source. That was the only real complaint I had with The Houston Board. Two thumbs way up. I would greatly appreciate to hear the rest!! 

Sent link.

Having listened to your remastered version of this concert.

1. The flubs in sick again, Kashmir add to the notion of lack of practice.

2. Bass is the weak point, for some reason the bass sounds flat.*

3. Jimmy playing is subpar and this excellent remastered shows the major drop off from 71’-73. 

* what I mean by flat it sounds like someone playing bass not plugged into the amps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A question about this:  I did receive the whole performance and am listening to it.  It's remarkably good quality.  What specifically do you do in the remastering to get it to sound so good?

ADK-Zeppy

Edited by ADK-Zeppy

13 minutes ago, ADK-Zeppy said:

A question about this:  I did receive the whole performance and am listening to it.  It's remarkably good quality.  What specifically do you do in the remastering to get it to sound so good?

Glad you liked it. The main software I use is Ozone5. It's designed for mastering, although it's intended to make subtle changes to well recorded material. Because the raw soundboards sound so bad, I have to apply it to them around a dozen times, building up the sound a little each time.. Once that's done, I use something to enhance the bass. What I use depends on the recording. On this one I believe I used Boom from Brainworx.