Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
SteveZ98

Houston 1977 - Remastered Soundboard

I remastered the May 21, 1977 Houston show. Here's a sample. If anyone wants the full show, send me a message:

^Is this the recent NorthBridge remaster? (I think you or someone posted this a week or so ago???)

This is the NorthBridge remaster, although the only '77 show I've posted here before this one was the Seattle video. I also posted the Glasgow 72 show, but nothing else from '77.

Cool, I have this and I'll have to put it on again maybe tonight. :stereo:

I recall it is an outstanding sound - not dry as f_ck like a lot of the '77 boards.

2 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Cool, I have this and I'll have to put it on again maybe tonight. :stereo:

I recall it is an outstanding sound - not dry as f_ck like a lot of the '77 boards.

For what it's worth, this remaster is the one I'm happiest with. I'm never 100% satisfied with any of them, but this is the one that comes the closest to the sound I'm trying to achieve with the '77 boards.

2 hours ago, nick2632 said:

That sounds pretty damn good. Where may I get the rest of it!?

I'm glad you liked it. Check your messages for the links to the rest of the show.

Edited by SteveZ98

Guys, The intro and entire song TSRTS is I think best ever - at least in this quality. Page is off the hook supreme and the rest are not only keeping up but killing it. it's ridiculous.

And that sound quality! :thumbsup:

This sounds awesome Steve. Pretty much removed the extreme sharpness from the source. That was the only real complaint I had with The Houston Board. Two thumbs way up. I would greatly appreciate to hear the rest!! 

Edited by Makevli7

53 minutes ago, Makevli7 said:

This sounds awesome Steve. Pretty much removed the extreme sharpness from the source. That was the only real complaint I had with The Houston Board. Two thumbs way up. I would greatly appreciate to hear the rest!! 

Sent link.

On 3/1/2019 at 12:39 PM, SteveZ98 said:

I remastered the May 21, 1977 Houston show. Here's a sample. If anyone wants the full show, send me a message:

Bad ass!

Please PM me with the whole show.

6 hours ago, Christopher Lees said:

Bad ass!

Please PM me with the whole show.

Thanks. Check your messages for the links to the whole show.

Having listened to your remastered version of this concert.

1. The flubs in sick again, Kashmir add to the notion of lack of practice.

2. Bass is the weak point, for some reason the bass sounds flat.*

3. Jimmy playing is subpar and this excellent remastered shows the major drop off from 71’-73. 

* what I mean by flat it sounds like someone playing bass not plugged into the amps.

Hey, do you still have this? Can you send me the link please?

Would be great to hear whole thing, thanks!

Edited by Spitfire

20 minutes ago, Spitfire said:

Hey, do you still have this? Can you send me the link please?

Would be great to hear whole thing, thanks!

Sure, check your messages for the links.

This does sound good.  I would love to hear the whole show.  Could I get a link please?  Thank you

A question about this:  I did receive the whole performance and am listening to it.  It's remarkably good quality.  What specifically do you do in the remastering to get it to sound so good?

ADK-Zeppy

Edited by ADK-Zeppy

13 minutes ago, ADK-Zeppy said:

A question about this:  I did receive the whole performance and am listening to it.  It's remarkably good quality.  What specifically do you do in the remastering to get it to sound so good?

Glad you liked it. The main software I use is Ozone5. It's designed for mastering, although it's intended to make subtle changes to well recorded material. Because the raw soundboards sound so bad, I have to apply it to them around a dozen times, building up the sound a little each time.. Once that's done, I use something to enhance the bass. What I use depends on the recording. On this one I believe I used Boom from Brainworx.