Jump to content

Song recomendations


Recommended Posts

Hey I'm new here, and I'm only 16 so I don't know much. But basically, I've listened to all of the albums 1,2,4, houses, p.g, and prescence. I wanted to know what other songs there were whether in the deluxe edition of any album or in 3 not counting Since I've been loving you Tangerine, and the Immigrant song. Any song reccomendations would be great! 

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome.

There is also In Through The Outdoor (you may have just missed it in your post)

The deluxe edition CD's do have some bonuses. Info is abundant online. Some never released songs (St Tristans sword, 2 carrots pod pod, etc..) Some tracks are instrumentals only takes of released tracks (The Song Remains The Same for example which is EXCELLENT) which are quite nice and some are rough mixes (some supposed rough mixes are near identical).

If you really get into Zep, I recommend acquiring the official release deluxe CD's that have the companion CD. This will give you everything I believe.

This forum, and google in general are your friends. use them.

The live area is the deep end. Apart from official stuff there are literally hundreds of bootleg concerts available. Some in superb quality and brilliant live shows.

Good luck mate!

Edited by rm2551
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. Listen to Physical again. And again and again. And then all the others, again and again. And when done, start again.

2. Then start collecting bootlegs. And collect more and more. And analyze and catalogue and obsess over every version of every song. 

3. Then learn the guitar (you will need a Les Paul of course) and start to learn every Zep song. Start with Good Times Bad Times and go from there. 

4. Then when that is done hang around here and tell us all how Page could have better produced every album. 

The first 3 have changed my life. Never done step 4 cause I'm not a dick nor a know-it-all and I am pretty sure Page knows better than me 😎😘😉

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, pageluvva said:

3. Then learn the guitar (you will need a Les Paul of course) and start to learn every Zep song. Start with Good Times Bad Times and go from there. 

Surely if you’re starting with “Good Times Bad Times” you’ll need a Telecaster first!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, pageluvva said:

1. Listen to Physical again. And again and again. And then all the others, again and again. And when done, start again.

2. Then start collecting bootlegs. And collect more and more. And analyze and catalogue and obsess over every version of every song. 

3. Then learn the guitar (you will need a Les Paul of course) and start to learn every Zep song. Start with Good Times Bad Times and go from there. 

4. Then when that is done hang around here and tell us all how Page could have better produced every album. 

The first 3 have changed my life. Never done step 4 cause I'm not a dick nor a know-it-all and I am pretty sure Page knows better than me 😎😘😉

 

I sense there is a message to someone in here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/10/2019 at 1:44 AM, Sultan of Swing said:

Hey I'm new here, and I'm only 16 so I don't know much. But basically, I've listened to all of the albums 1,2,4, houses, p.g, and prescence. I wanted to know what other songs there were whether in the deluxe edition of any album or in 3 not counting Since I've been loving you Tangerine, and the Immigrant song. Any song reccomendations would be great! 

Thanks

I just love a coupe of tracks on CODA actually which you haven't listed. We're Gonna Groove would have been a monster if released in its original 1969 time. Blistering track. Darlene is pure vintage Zip to my ears. Poor Tom is delightful in the folky tradition of Zep. And on the De Lux version, Travelling Riverside Blues is on there apparently which is just a great dirty swamp blues rocker. I love Bonzo's Montreux as well. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/9/2019 at 7:44 PM, Sultan of Swing said:

Hey I'm new here, and I'm only 16 so I don't know much. But basically, I've listened to all of the albums 1,2,4, houses, p.g, and prescence. I wanted to know what other songs there were whether in the deluxe edition of any album or in 3 not counting Since I've been loving you Tangerine, and the Immigrant song. Any song reccomendations would be great! 

Thanks

There are some real gems on the deluxe editions

II - La La

Presence - Ten Ribs and All

III - Jennings Farm Blues, Key to the Highway

Coda - St. Tristan's Sword

For LZ III every track is amazing and there is so much variety - Friends, Celebration Day, Out on the Tiles, Gallows Pole

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...