Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
achillestand

Page now fighting his other neighbour!

In the Robbie Williams vs. Jimmy Page thread I mentioned that when I was at Tower House last June I did notice that Sir Harvey McGrath's home was encased in scaffolding. It seemed they were replacing the roof at that time, so these four ac units would be a continuation of ongoing renovations at that property, which is situated right up against the boundary with Tower House. Although there are sound proofing measures that can be taken with regard to these units, there's no question that having FOUR out front will generate noise that Jimmy will find annoying, if not insufferable. Hopefully they can work this out!   

It's a shame he sold Sol Studio.. Jimmy Page could have done all of his re-mastering there.. Maybe he would've even been inspired enough to record new some music..  

Posted (edited)

It just goes to show, there's asshole neighbors no matter who you are, where you live, or how much money you have. I'm sure Page has a point, but with all his money, maybe it's time for him to buy a secluded place to relax and build a studio within a short driving distance, although he said he has a secluded studio right on his Tower House property away from the main house, or perhaps drop some of that serious Zep coin in the bank on some SERIOUS soundproofing upgrades on that area of his property. Page the master needs his space to work. Sounds like his neighborhood is a busy area full of rich people constantly expanding their homes with noisy construction as they have the cash to do so. Ozzy, with all his wealth, had the same problem with his neighbors, but then again Jimmy is probably way more well behaved than Ozzy, who is a known maniac. Everyone has their fair share of annoying neighbors, so we all can relate, but at at the same time, that's the downside of having historic frescos from the 18th century all over your home that are cracking from vibration.

Edited by Tea41

I totally understood his concerns with Robbie Williams, but I have to say that I don't know what Jimmy expected when he bought a house in one of the most congested, busiest cities in the world. I personally wouldn't be able to put up with it at all, especially when you have an extraordinary house like he does. Maybe he should move out to a beautiful historic house in the countryside, where his neighbors aren't up his rear and there aren't a million cars going past his house every day. That goes without all of the electromagnetic radiation in such an environment, none of which is good for your body or even your house as it's all vibrations.

The other guys have their property rights as well. I'm curious how Jimmy even found this out without spying on his neighbor, unless maybe he's friendly with him or just asked him what he was up to? Could certainly be the case obviously.

Believe me, I really would hate it as well if I was Jimmy, I understand where he is coming from, but all of that is exactly why I wouldn't live in the city nor would I spend any significant amount of time in one.

8 minutes ago, nemophilist said:

I totally understood his concerns with Robbie Williams, but I have to say that I don't know what Jimmy expected when he bought a house in one of the most congested, busiest cities in the world. I personally wouldn't be able to put up with it at all, especially when you have an extraordinary house like he does. Maybe he should move out to a beautiful historic house in the countryside, where his neighbors aren't up his rear and there aren't a million cars going past his house every day. That goes without all of the electromagnetic radiation in such an environment, none of which is good for your body or even your house as it's all vibrations.

The other guys have their property rights as well. I'm curious how Jimmy even found this out without spying on his neighbor, unless maybe he's friendly with him or just asked him what he was up to? Could certainly be the case obviously.

Believe me, I really would hate it as well if I was Jimmy, I understand where he is coming from, but all of that is exactly why I wouldn't live in the city nor would I spend any significant amount of time in one.

Jimmy lived peacefully in that home for 40+ years, it was only when some classless tools moved in and started tearing up everything for “This Modern Life” did things become an issue. 

I’m Firm-ly in Jimmy’s camp on this.  

10 hours ago, bluecongo said:

Jimmy lived peacefully in that home for 40+ years, it was only when some classless tools moved in and started tearing up everything for “This Modern Life” did things become an issue. 

I’m Firm-ly in Jimmy’s camp on this.  

I don't think many of us know for sure know how things have been with his home (such as peaceful). We can only speculate. In my opinion I'd have to say calling a city peaceful is an oxymoron. Additionally we live in an era where everyone knows everyone else's business nearly instantly, especially when you're well known like Jimmy, but this could've happened in the past yet we just aren't aware. Or maybe I'm just not aware or have forgotten?

Believe me, I absolutely and obsessively hate anything modern and hate seeing all of the enchanting, timeless history being ripped out of historic houses in England and elsewhere. It's hard for one man to fight against trends that are coming from corporations worldwide. Maybe Jimmy could (if he isn't) push to get some regulations passed to keep that neighborhood traditional/historic? Sadly sterility and soullessness has gone hand in hand with modernity increasingly since the 70's, and it's gotten exponentially worse over the last 20 years.

When it comes down to it the guy should have equal rights to his property that Jimmy has. I really dislike Robbie Williams and his remodeling plans, and I'm sure this guy is a tool as well but rights are rights. I have to balanced on such an issue even though Jimmy is a guy I really resonate with for many reasons and as I keep saying I totally understand where he is coming from, but this is exactly why I'd personally, even If I loved a house, would have the foresight not to live in a city. Now Jimmy is at the point where he probably worries about his home significantly more than when he bought it not just because of how it's began to fracture in certain areas, or due to how unique and magnificent it is but because it's been his home for so long and he's grown to love it even more.

As I said with Robbie Williams it made total sense, it directly effects Jimmy's private property, with this it's more a noise complaint and believe me I'd hate it too, but is Jimmy living off-grid in London? I doubt it, if he is that's awesome and I further commend him as it's something I aspire to do but as I said I wouldn't be living in a city with such lifestyle desires. It's a city, everyone is on top of everyone else, you can hardly get any privacy at all and peace and quiet is nearly impossible. Likewise I also think 4 AC units is totally ridiculous but who am I to tell that guy how to maintain his home? It would be nice if they could work something out that would be mutual. I mean it's not even good for Jimmy's health to have to constantly stress about something like this, and it'll most likely only get worse as time goes on. To truly protect his home Jimmy would not have to have wifi around his house, not have cell phones in his house, stop cars from driving past, etc. He'd have to limit vibrations as much as he could. Basically he'd have to move the building to the countryside to be worry free.

Likewise the sad reality is that most city planners worldwide actually cheer modernization and that might be why they aren't considering making regulations to protect that neighborhood or Jimmy's historic house. Modernization essentially has been linked to fighting climate change as everything is "green" and claims to be more efficient. If I remember reading correctly I believe the 'Green New Deal' had a plan to eventually rebuild every city in the country to go along with such modernization, that's both interior and exterior.