New EVSD soundboard?

ZepHead315

Blimp_Life just tweeted this out earlier today:

Here's a translation: "A rough day of two days in a row called Nishi Shinjuku
Inside the BF store, “Trambled Underfoot”, a new-sounding board sound source, was flowing. It was like it wasn't Romby's second day ... (No confirmation"

In a reply to someone asking whether it was a 1977 or 1975 show, Blimp_Life said "1975, probably".

If this is indeed true, my educated guess is that it's either San Diego 3/10 or Houston 2/27 based on the pattern of releases so far. One of the LA shows is a possibility as well. Of course, I'd be over the moon if this were Long Beach 3/12, Philadelphia 2/8, or one of the January shows. Can't wait to find out what it is! 

5 hours ago, SteveZ98 said:

Are they going to dribble the songs out like they did with 9/29/71?

Doubt it mate. Nowhere near the level of demand for a 75 or 77 show in contrast to Osaka 71. The singles just wouldn’t sell

Great news indeed!  If it's '75, I'd rank the board-less shows of the second leg as far as desirability as follows:

1.  3/12 Long Beach -- All-time great show, so it's #1.  The recently-surfaced third source makes getting the board less urgent, but still a tantalizing possibility--could be a great matrix!

2.  2/27 Houston -- Obviously a previously-unheard show is very desirable, but it's also presumably the debut of the grand piano in "No Quarter"!  If Bonham is on fire like he is in Baton Rouge and the Dallas-Ft.Worth shows, this one should be a treat!

3.  3/27 Los Angeles -- One of my personal favourites, and hopefully the tape changes on the board would be in different spots than those of Millard's recording so that we'd have "The Rain Song," "No Quarter," and "Dazed And Confused" complete.  Would make a fantastic matrix.

4.  3/25 Los Angeles -- Tough call between this and 3/10, but the 'Dazed' from this show alone gives it the edge for me.

5.  3/10 San Diego -- ^

6.  3/24 Los Angeles -- This one always feels dull to me--maybe it's just a letdown being the one right after 3/21...

As far as the first leg goes, it's a very tough call between 1/18 Minneapolis for curiosity's sake and 2/8 Philadelphia for a known fantastic show--I'll call it a tie.  After that, any of the Chicago shows would be good because of the setlist.  Anything between Chicago and Philly is considerably less desirable in my opinion.

If it's '77, it can't be my top choice (6/22) or 6/13 since "Trampled Under Foot" wasn't played at either of those, and isn't claimed to have been played at 5/31 Greensboro, which is another at the top of my '77 list.  Could be 4/28 or 4/30 though, or conceivably 5/19 Baton Rouge!

On 3/15/2019 at 9:49 PM, SteveZ98 said:

Are they going to dribble the songs out like they did with 9/29/71?

Oh no, if it is going to be a January 75 SB,  things will be completely different.

Due to Mr. Plant´s outstanding vocal artistry the new SB will not only sell for just half of the usual price, furthermore,  buyers will be rewarded with an additional SB (of their choice) for free.

Those lucky devils who are able to send in their original ticket stub of any January 75 date, will be provided with 3 additional SBs- a kind of late compensation...........

29 minutes ago, Autumn Moon said:

Oh no, if it is going to be a January 75 SB,  things will be completely different.

Due to Mr. Plant´s outstanding vocal artistry the new SB will not only sell for just half of the usual price, furthermore,  buyers will be rewarded with an additional SB (of their choice) for free.

Those lucky devils who are able to send in their original ticket stub of any January 75 date, will be provided with 3 additional SBs- a kind of late compensation...........

That was hilarious 😀

7 hours ago, pujols05 said:

1975 (preferably) or 1977, bring it on! Always ready to add a tasty soundboard to the collection. 

Why  you  prefer  '75? Personally, I  am  bored  after  4  years  of  '75  releases. A  soundboard  recording  of  Pontiac, Birmingham, Cleveland, NY  or  L.A.  '77  seems  less  important  to  you? I  am  just  asking  of  curiosity, because  I  am  surprised  by  the  fact  that  so  many  people  keep  trashing  the  '77  tour, especialy  when  most  of  the  '75  tour  is  plagued  by  Plant's  shot  voice.

20 minutes ago, confounded_bridge said:

Why  you  prefer  '75? Personally, I  am  bored  after  4  years  of  '75  releases. A  soundboard  recording  of  Pontiac, Birmingham, Cleveland, NY  or  L.A.  '77  seems  less  important  to  you? I  am  just  asking  of  curiosity, because  I  am  surprised  by  the  fact  that  so  many  people  keep  trashing  the  '77  tour, especialy  when  most  of  the  '75  tour  is  plagued  by  Plant's  shot  voice.

I agree I’d definitely rather have a 77 show due to just how good Plants voice was and how good Jimmy could recapture his magic on certain nights such as the LA New York run and the last two shows of the first leg of 77 at Cleveland 4/28 and Pontiac 4/30, just my opinion.

1 hour ago, wordev1977 said:

I agree I’d definitely rather have a 77 show due to just how good Plants voice was and how good Jimmy could recapture his magic on certain nights such as the LA New York run and the last two shows of the first leg of 77 at Cleveland 4/28 and Pontiac 4/30, just my opinion.

And  I  forgot  Greensboro  and  Baton  Rouge. Both  are  rumored  to  be  awesome  shows.

4 hours ago, confounded_bridge said:

And  I  forgot  Greensboro  and  Baton  Rouge. Both  are  rumored  to  be  awesome  shows.

The soundboards for 77 sound terrible though. I just can’t get into them. There are members of the forum that done brilliant remasters....but still....

47 minutes ago, Xolo1974 said:

The soundboards for 77 sound terrible though. I just can’t get into them. There are members of the forum that done brilliant remasters....but still....

That's the rub! As dry and lifeless as they are, remasters or matrix's with good aud sources are the go! And as others say, there are some brilliant '77 gigs not yet out there. Personally, I'll be happy either way. A great new live show you say??? YAY! :yay:

14 hours ago, confounded_bridge said:

Fair question. I know some find the '75 setlist somewhat boring, but I don't. I enjoy a '77 show as much as the next fan, but there are niggles: setlist is a bit bloated, the pace can be sluggish (some performances of Kashmir are downright pedestrian), and we all know about Jimmy's less than precise playing on that tour. Probably the deciding factor for me is that '75 soundboards uniformly sound better (at least to me) than '77 soundboards, and I have wondered about that. Different system in '77? 

I'll take whatever it is. 

1 hour ago, pujols05 said:

Fair question. I know some find the '75 setlist somewhat boring, but I don't. I enjoy a '77 show as much as the next fan, but there are niggles: setlist is a bit bloated, the pace can be sluggish (some performances of Kashmir are downright pedestrian), and we all know about Jimmy's less than precise playing on that tour. Probably the deciding factor for me is that '75 soundboards uniformly sound better (at least to me) than '77 soundboards, and I have wondered about that. Different system in '77? 

I'll take whatever it is. 

1975: Reel  to  reel  recorder

1977: Cassette  recorder

The  only  bad  '77  performances  of  kashmir  are  5-26  (Landover)  and  7-20  (Tempe.) Also  count  5-21  (Houston)  and  6-23  (L.A.) These  last  2  versions  are  not  bad, but  they  are  plagued  by  mistakes. So  we  have  4  "bad"  '77  performances  of  kashmir, out  of  44. The  numbers  are  not  lying. Plus  '77  was  the  best  year  for  this  song, thanks  to  the  double  black  mellotron, the  Danelectro  guitar  and  Plant's  improved  voice. 

3 hours ago, confounded_bridge said:

1975: Reel  to  reel  recorder

1977: Cassette  recorder

Thanks!

If clarification is needed, I should have said mundane performances....sluggish. Uninspired. Was 6-23 one where they got lost in Kashmir? It can be hypnotic. :)

But the same (sluggish) can't be said of Achilles. Always a highlight. 

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Bonzo_fan said:

So nothing new to report on this?  It's been almost a month...the suspense is killing me!

I hate to say but the suspense is boring the shit outta me. What a lackluster Bootleg Anniversary, let alone the official 50th. Lame. 

On 4/12/2019 at 3:03 PM, Bonzo_fan said:

So nothing new to report on this?  It's been almost a month...the suspense is killing me!

A user on Royal Orleans said they went to the store where the song was playing. He asked the person working there if they had any additional info and they said they didn't. Only that they thought it was from 1975. No idea as to when it will be released. Looks like we're still back at square one.