New EVSD soundboard?

ZepHead315

50 minutes ago, 1998giventofly said:

It's definitely shipped and being delivered, I know of a couple people who got their sets yesterday. Can confirm from one of these people that "Twist & Shout" is indeed from the new soundboard tape!

Great to know what we all suspected.  The entire show must exist.  Hopefully the final reel of 928 will surface one day as well

1 hour ago, Sticks of Fire said:

Great to know what we all suspected.  The entire show must exist.  Hopefully the final reel of 928 will surface one day as well

For sure! I figured EV had all of 929, there's no way they'd have Communication Breakdown and Rock & Roll without Whole Lotta Love and Thank You, those all would have been on the last tape reel. So irritating that they couldn't have just put the whole thing out. It would be great to get the ending reel for 928 as well, even though I do actually think EV put out everything they had for the show this time.

I understand that 929 was purchased by empress valley incompletely. the tapes were offered to all Japanese manufacturers, one of them told me that it was a very high price for an incomplete show. I knew this before EVSD announced that I was going out and did not say it was incomplete.

Edited by lapepalz

11 minutes ago, lapepalz said:

I understand that 929 was purchased by empress valley incompletely. the tapes were offered to all Japanese manufacturers, one of them told me that it was a very high price for an incomplete show. I knew this before EVSD announced that I was going out and did not say it was incomplete.

Really? The cuts are so oddly placed, between songs, and then also songs that should be in the middle of reels are missing. So I wonder if whoever actually was offering to sell the tapes cut some parts out themselves?

5 minutes ago, 1998giventofly said:

Really? The cuts are so oddly placed, between songs, and then also songs that should be in the middle of reels are missing. So I wonder if whoever actually was offering to sell the tapes cut some parts out themselves?

I really don't know. I didn't buy EVSD 929 because it seemed like a robbery.
And I find it very strange the same as you, so do not buy it.

I believe that in a few years we will know the truth, when they re-edit 929 improved or complete version ...

15 minutes ago, lapepalz said:

There are 5 Japanese bootleg labels that sell Zeppelin these days: Empress Valley/Moonchild, Tarantura2000, No Label/Lighthouse, Wendy, and Graf Zeppelin. 

Eat a Peach, and Golden Eggs have not released enough titles to really be considered as being in the same league as the others, and Eelgrass only releases clones of EV titles.

Out of those main 5 labels, only Empress Valley has released new soundboard content, and has done so over and over and over for the past 18 years. So, I find these stories about tapes being “shopped around” to the “labels” in Japan hard to believe. When only one label is ever releasing these things, then obviously nothing is being shopped around. 

Yes, but these two sbd come within Japan.

They are not like the other SBDs that EVSD has released.

Tarantura doesn't usually pay for tapes. I don't know how to deal with MR. Peach, but it's exclusive.

No Label, if you pay when it is important to them.

But EVSD is the one that pays best for Led Zeppelin.

Eat a Peach, and Golden Eggs  are from Europe.,

Edited by lapepalz

8 minutes ago, lapepalz said:

Yes, but these two sbd come within Japan.

They are not like the other SBDs that EVSD has released.

Tarantura doesn't usually pay for tapes. I don't know how to deal with MR. Peach, but it's exclusive.

No Label, if you pay when it is important to them.

But EVSD is the one that pays best for Led Zeppelin.

Eat a Peach, and Golden Eggs  are from Europe.,

What makes these soundboards any different? It is still Empress Valley alone in this game. No Label/Lighthouse have put out many clones, and have also released some nice alternate aud sources, but no soundboards. Wendy has only been putting out re-hashes for years now, and Tarantura is a mixed bag - with most being poor edits of existing shows, and the occasional upgrade or alt source, which they usually ruin with their deliberately bad eq, but never soundboards.

So all of the talk of Empress Valley paying “best” makes no sense. After all of these years, none of these boards have come out via any other label. So, this sounds less like EV paying “best” vs them being the only label that has/gets the tapes at all.

The meaning is as follows.

All SBDs launched by EV come from an account other than Japanese SBDs.

I am talking about what according to what I personally was told is that the source of 929 was incomplete and that they asked for a lot of money and that it came from Japan. Not like the other SBDs.

Led Zeppelin is the favorite band of most manufacturers in Japan, except for Tarantura which is The Beatles, his wife is a Led Zeppelin fan. Both are truly lovely.

On the other hand, if EVSD pays better and you have a sbd to whom would you sell it?

The fort of No Label / Lighthouse is not led zeppelin. they have achieved incredible new SBDs in the last 15 years, maybe not from Led Zeppelin, but from other groups.
But Led Zeppelin has obtained many new sources, both from Japan 1972 and 1971. They have completed almost WLL of Osaka 28.
But their prices are cheaper than EVSD, so EVSD can pay more for Led Zeppelin.

17 minutes ago, lapepalz said:

The meaning is as follows.

All SBDs launched by EV come from an account other than Japanese SBDs.

I am talking about what according to what I personally was told is that the source of 929 was incomplete and that they asked for a lot of money and that it came from Japan. Not like the other SBDs.

Led Zeppelin is the favorite band of most manufacturers in Japan, except for Tarantura which is The Beatles, his wife is a Led Zeppelin fan. Both are truly lovely.

On the other hand, if EVSD pays better and you have a sbd to whom would you sell it?

The fort of No Label / Lighthouse is not led zeppelin. they have achieved incredible new SBDs in the last 15 years, maybe not from Led Zeppelin, but from other groups.
But Led Zeppelin has obtained many new sources, both from Japan 1972 and 1971. They have completed almost WLL of Osaka 28.
But their prices are cheaper than EVSD, so EVSD can pay more for Led Zeppelin.

Are you sure about Tarantura? They have put out 30 random Beatles titles, and 100+ Zeppelin. The shop name is a Zeppelin reference too “Cd Museum pB”.

Either way, Empress Valley gets the soundboards for Zeppelin. They always have. If these 928/929 soundboards are somehow different, I have no idea. People who have the new 928 release are already saying that the 929 Twist and Shout is from the soundboard, which if that is true, means that EV held back WLL from the HTEWW release. If it is true, then they have probably had these tapes complete for years. They had put 928 soundboard samples on the GTO boxset 6 years ago. They obviously had it back then too. And it can’t be a coincidence that they put out the recent Nightstalker LA 3/24 soundboard sampler last year deliberately excluding tracks. Remember, the first warning for this type of thing was the release of Deus Ex Machina, with the Heartbreaker sample, before they released that complete show.

10 hours ago, Tainted cheese said:

Been mailing them (fishheads) out last few days, has already sent a batch a few days ago. Just has to cross ocean . . . it been a tough wait for those us with the "disease"!

Is Fishheads another seller? How do their prices compare to Air Raid? 

52 minutes ago, Miinsane1971 said:

Is Fishheads another seller? How do their prices compare to Air Raid? 

Eric (Fisheads) has been around for ages. I think he started his business in Tokyo around 1990 when boot CD's became popular (and you ordered by FAX or snail mail 😬). For most collectors he was the connection to acquire Tecumseh, Tarantura, Immigrant, Antrabata, Cobla or Dynamite Studio releases. His pricing is a bit more expensive although the latest Empress soundboard is slightly cheaper (not much) compared to Air Raid.

12 hours ago, duckman said:

Eric (Fisheads) has been around for ages. I think he started his business in Tokyo around 1990 when boot CD's became popular (and you ordered by FAX or snail mail 😬). For most collectors he was the connection to acquire Tecumseh, Tarantura, Immigrant, Antrabata, Cobla or Dynamite Studio releases. His pricing is a bit more expensive although the latest Empress soundboard is slightly cheaper (not much) compared to Air Raid.

Interesting, didn't know he's been around for so long. In the late 1980s through the early 1990s--(year I graduated HS) I used to have to go to many record shops in and around Minneapolis asking and begging for them to acquire these shows after accidently coming across the Smoking Pig label (2 sets of '69 shows in soundboard quality), after that I was hooked. Now a days I bounce back and forth from airraid, eric, and ebay. But never did those Tarantura shows ever turn up in those smoky record shops around 1990. Eric has received a bad rap sometimes Ive noticed on this site, but he's always been fair and friendly with me, do you know why? Thanks, just curious . . . 

52 minutes ago, Tainted cheese said:

Interesting, didn't know he's been around for so long. In the late 1980s through the early 1990s--(year I graduated HS) I used to have to go to many record shops in and around Minneapolis asking and begging for them to acquire these shows after accidently coming across the Smoking Pig label (2 sets of '69 shows in soundboard quality), after that I was hooked. Now a days I bounce back and forth from airraid, eric, and ebay. But never did those Tarantura shows ever turn up in those smoky record shops around 1990. Eric has received a bad rap sometimes Ive noticed on this site, but he's always been fair and friendly with me, do you know why? Thanks, just curious . . . 

Agree with you on that. After ZOSO magazine ceased, that was my next avenue to get boots from. 

2 hours ago, Tainted cheese said:

Jealousy.   He’s put out more then every collector combined.   

17 hours ago, pluribus said:

Are you sure about Tarantura? They have put out 30 random Beatles titles, and 100+ Zeppelin. The shop name is a Zeppelin reference too “Cd Museum pB”.

Either way, Empress Valley gets the soundboards for Zeppelin. They always have. If these 928/929 soundboards are somehow different, I have no idea. People who have the new 928 release are already saying that the 929 Twist and Shout is from the soundboard, which if that is true, means that EV held back WLL from the HTEWW release. If it is true, then they have probably had these tapes complete for years. They had put 928 soundboard samples on the GTO boxset 6 years ago. They obviously had it back then too. And it can’t be a coincidence that they put out the recent Nightstalker LA 3/24 soundboard sampler last year deliberately excluding tracks. Remember, the first warning for this type of thing was the release of Deus Ex Machina, with the Heartbreaker sample, before they released that complete show.

I was with them from 2002 to the present not less than 2 to 3 times a year.

It makes more of Led Zeppelin, for the simple reason that it sells more and more expensive. He likes Led Zeppelin, is his second band, but his favorite is the beatles Yuko likes LZ more. Nothing wrong, nothing strange.

Please, let's say this conversation ends.

15 hours ago, duckman said:

Eric's problem is that he used to charge a lot more for shipping, etc. Niwa is much clearer with expenses. Niwa also sent orders faster.

Edited by lapepalz

5 minutes ago, lapepalz said:

I was with them from 2002 to the present not less than 2 to 3 times a year.

Well, if that is the case, could you ask them why they always put too much EQ on their releases? 

No Use Gneco, Live In the Fairly Tale...releases ruined by deliberately bad EQ. Why?

12 hours ago, pluribus said:

Well, if that is the case, could you ask them why they always put too much EQ on their releases? 

No Use Gneco, Live In the Fairly Tale...releases ruined by deliberately bad EQ. Why?

I must say the last Tarantura2000 title "Bath of the Blues" is very listenable and not over EQ-ed at all. (that is "the Final Mixdown", not "The Raw Transfer").

Edited by Moby_Dick_Ale

14 hours ago, pluribus said:

It's because Japanese do hear different than we, Europeans, they much often paying more attention to higher freq's frequently. Just listen to any of Japanese versions of any of our fav band's albums, they all sounding a bit tweaked when compared to the UK or US pressings. Even early vinyl reissues differs slightly.

Also, the EQ could be use to mask/hide some of the inaccuracies in the audio but this is of course a very amateur way of mastering.

Just now, zepster1979 said:

It's because Japanese do hear different than we, Europeans, they much often paying more attention to higher freq's frequently. Just listen to any of Japanese versions of any of our fav band's albums, they all sounding a bit tweaked when compared to the UK or US pressings. Even early vinyl reissues differs slightly.

Also, the EQ could be use to mask/hide some of the inaccuracies in the audio but this is of course a very amateur way of mastering.
I wish T2K more released like this though, if they can keep up this kind of mastering, then I'll be their casual client as I do love their deluxe, lavish packaging. It is much better of what EV does offer these days...

12 hours ago, Moby_Dick_Ale said:

I must say the last Tarantura2000 title "Bath of the Blues" is very listenable and not over EQ-ed at all. (that is "the Final Mixdown", not "The Raw Transfer").

Yes! I have to say their Final Mixdown is a kind of revelation. Never heard a listenable version before this amazing T2K release.