Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
ZepHead315

New EVSD soundboard?

12 minutes ago, goldenretreiver157 said:

I will die of old age before I See a EV release of blueberry hill.

You never know. This year is the 50th anniversary of the show....

I am still reeling from the first three songs I have heard from the new 9/28 board.  What a time to be listening to live Zeppelin!  Just in the past  few years we have heard the 9/29/71, 9/28/71 Black Dog, 3/21/75, and 3/24/75 boards, and now this.  Cherish the moment and enjoy.

Just now, John M said:

I am still reeling from the first three songs I have heard from the new 9/28 board.  What a time to be listening to live Zeppelin!  Just in the past  few years we have heard the 9/29/71, 9/28/71 Black Dog, 3/21/75, and 3/24/75 boards, and now this.  Cherish the moment and enjoy.

Don't forget, we also got the complete Whole Lotta Love from 928 via the No Label release of the 3rd audience source (it's lower quality, but it reveals the longest ever Whole Lotta Love), we also got the soundboard from Montreux 70 with an unheard extra encore, an alternate source for Eddie and the master and alternate source for Cleveland 4/28/77, and completely new shows in Glasgow 12/3/72 and Fort Worth 3/3/75. If the Bath 70 Tarantura 2000 release is in fact an upgrade, then there's that too.

1 hour ago, pluribus said:

EV had put samples of the 928 soundboard on the "Live In Japan" GTO boxset 6 years ago.  It's also been 3 years since Deus Ex Machina came out, and the Japanese twitter accounts mentioned that people in the BF store had overheard that EV had the soundboard for Long Beach 2 in hand, along with a soundboard for Blueberry Hill.

Big question:   Those sample bits, were any from the last reel of this source?   I.E. were any parts of WLL & the encores present on that one from 6 years ago?

8 minutes ago, Sticks of Fire said:

Big question:   Those sample bits, were any from the last reel of this source?   I.E. were any parts of WLL & the encores present on that one from 6 years ago?

No. The only soundboard patches on that release were in Dazed and Stairway and were heavily noise reduced (the patch EVSD used for Down by the Riverside is not from the board but from a fourth, otherwise uncirculated audience source).

28 minutes ago, pluribus said:

If the Bath 70 Tarantura 2000 release is in fact an upgrade, then there's that too.

I've heard a sample. The raw transfer sounds about the same as the circulating low gen, the mixdown is a nice EQ job, no brickwalling.

Edited by ed141

5 minutes ago, Sticks of Fire said:

No, they were just the ending of Dazed, the solo splice in Stairway, and some tape before What Is and What Should Never Be. If memory serves, the samples didn't sound that great either. 

3 minutes ago, pluribus said:

No, they were just the ending of Dazed, the solo splice in Stairway, and some tape before What Is and What Should Never Be. If memory serves, the samples didn't sound that great either. 

I sort of remember that, now that you mention it.    Oh well, I’m sure the end exists and we’ll get it one day.  For now it’s super awesome to have this new source!!

4 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

3ad.jpg

Hadn't seen this picture in a while-- good one!

4 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

Ignore him. He's a hypocrite. When the LTTE alternate source popped up a couple of years ago, he had a complete meltdown because the taper wouldn't give his master tapes to him (and him alone) so he could work his "magic" on them and polish them up. If that's not the epitome of the "gimme gimme" attitude he claims to rail against, then I don't know what is.

Damn, I didn't realize this only got sadder and more ironic. I feel like a fool for entertaining that 🙄

While on the topic of these additional soundboards that haven't surfaced; wasn't Blueberry Hill actually slated for release at some point? If memory serves, I recall hearing a tale that EVSD had announced a release (perhaps not officially), but pulled back when someone did something that pissed them off?

Another thing to ponder: is this the earliest soundboard recording that EVSD would've unearthed? We basically have the confirmation that it exists, so what else is there from this era that EVSD could have access to? As far as I'm aware, any Bill Graham venue Zeppelin played at would have a soundboard, but did any other promoters from their early days go through that type of hassle? Even if they didn't, who knows how many people working the sound at shows could've taped 'em without telling others. It's a fascinating thing to think about.

With any luck, hopefully there's more soundboard pre '75 that they could be sitting on (ahem... NINETEEN SEVENTY TWO!).

I wonder if all the '75 shows we're sitting around waiting to hear (Long Beach, Philadelphia, Houston 2/27) are definitely in their possession. We know their source of the '75 shows is clearly a reliable one considering the amount of releases, but whether they have the whole tour or not is an interesting thing to wonder. 

Does anyone know the earliest date of 1975 we have a SBD from? IIRC, we've received nothing from January, which is a shame because I think it's a rather interesting period. The band is clearly rusty as all hell, but the setlists were very unique and it'd be nice to see how the other performances of Levee sounded. It can be presumed that Levee was played at least 4 times, possibly 5, and we only have 2 of these. The two we have aren't exactly beautiful, but who knows, perhaps in Bloomington or their second night in Chicago, they really knocked it out of the park. Or we'd just get an upgrade from the other 2.

Lots of this is speculation but it's what keeps my fandom alive.

27 minutes ago, June72 said:

While on the topic of these additional soundboards that haven't surfaced; wasn't Blueberry Hill actually slated for release at some point? If memory serves, I recall hearing a tale that EVSD had announced a release (perhaps not officially), but pulled back when someone did something that pissed them off?

Another thing to ponder: is this the earliest soundboard recording that EVSD would've unearthed? We basically have the confirmation that it exists, so what else is there from this era that EVSD could have access to? As far as I'm aware, any Bill Graham venue Zeppelin played at would have a soundboard, but did any other promoters from their early days go through that type of hassle? Even if they didn't, who knows how many people working the sound at shows could've taped 'em without telling others. It's a fascinating thing to think about.

With any luck, hopefully there's more soundboard pre '75 that they could be sitting on (ahem... NINETEEN SEVENTY TWO!).

I wonder if all the '75 shows we're sitting around waiting to hear (Long Beach, Philadelphia, Houston 2/27) are definitely in their possession. We know their source of the '75 shows is clearly a reliable one considering the amount of releases, but whether they have the whole tour or not is an interesting thing to wonder. 

Does anyone know the earliest date of 1975 we have a SBD from? IIRC, we've received nothing from January, which is a shame because I think it's a rather interesting period. The band is clearly rusty as all hell, but the setlists were very unique and it'd be nice to see how the other performances of Levee sounded. It can be presumed that Levee was played at least 4 times, possibly 5, and we only have 2 of these. The two we have aren't exactly beautiful, but who knows, perhaps in Bloomington or their second night in Chicago, they really knocked it out of the park. Or we'd just get an upgrade from the other 2.

I was not aware of any of this about Blueberry Hill, but that's fantastic!  A matrix with THAT audience tape would sound official release-quality.  Even more exciting though, the existence of the Blueberry Hill SBD suggests the possibility of the existence of the 9/19/70 SBD.  The SBDs for that 9/19 evening show and Seattle '72 have to be the holy grails of all holy grails...

The earliest '75 SBD we have is February 10 in Landover, so one show after Philly 😕 Every show after that for the rest of the tour has a SBD except for Houston, 1st San Diego, 2nd Long Beach and the three at the Forum (partial 3/24 board notwithstanding).  I agree that it would be awesome to get a few from January for curiosity's sake alone!  Maybe Robert didn't have the flu yet in Minneapolis...?

Edited by Bonzo_fan

21 minutes ago, Bonzo_fan said:

I was not aware of any of this about Blueberry Hill, but that's fantastic!  A matrix with THAT audience tape would sound official release-quality.  Even more exciting though, the existence of the Blueberry Hill SBD suggests the possibility of the existence of the 9/19/70 SBD.  The SBDs for that 9/19 evening show and Seattle '72 have to be the holy grails of all holy grails...

The earliest '75 SBD we have is February 10 in Landover, so one show after Philly 😕 Every show after that for the rest of the tour has a SBD except for Houston, 1st San Diego, 2nd Long Beach and the three at the Forum (partial 3/24 board notwithstanding).  I agree that it would be awesome to get a few from January for curiosity's sake alone!  Maybe Robert didn't have the flu yet in Minneapolis...?

It is believed that the US '71 Tour would be the first where we'd have nightly SBDs, as that's when they began working with Showco. Theoretically, every show after that point SHOULD have a soundboard. I'll always hold out hope that the Seattle '72 SBD is out there somewhere. I'd give an arm and a leg to hear it.

Very interesting that that would be the first available SBD of that tour. I'm sure the SBDs from before that date exist, I wonder why EVSD hasn't hinted at having or releasing any show prior to this. Surely if they have the tapes, they would hear them and conclude that Philly is a clear standout show. Or perhaps their source isn't willing to give them earlier shows, or they're unavailable even for their source. Whatever the case, it's very interesting how well preserved the latter 3 quarters of that tour is, while they give crickets to the first quarter.

Also, I have heard that Plant did indeed not yet have the flu in Minneapolis. That being said, his performance in Rotterdam proves he was still in far from perfect state.

Edited by June72

1 hour ago, June72 said:

I've definitely heard the Blueberry Hill board rumors floating around, actually heard that same exact story about EV getting mad and pulling it. Quite unfortunate, but hopefully the rumors are based in reality?

The earliest '75 show on the boards that we have is 2/10 in Landover. Would definitely be awesome to get some of the earlier ones though, I love those early setlists with Wanton Song, Levee and HMMT!

Speaking of, I really wish I could dig up the source for you, but I've heard rumors that EV are sitting on the full Long Beach '72 board tape as well. Obviously we have a significant part of this on HTWWW but getting the FULL show as a board would be absolutely amazing. At any rate, it'd be quite the upgrade over the audience source we have for it now.

56 minutes ago, 1998giventofly said:

I've definitely heard the Blueberry Hill board rumors floating around, actually heard that same exact story about EV getting mad and pulling it. Quite unfortunate, but hopefully the rumors are based in reality?

The earliest '75 show on the boards that we have is 2/10 in Landover. Would definitely be awesome to get some of the earlier ones though, I love those early setlists with Wanton Song, Levee and HMMT!

Speaking of, I really wish I could dig up the source for you, but I've heard rumors that EV are sitting on the full Long Beach '72 board tape as well. Obviously we have a significant part of this on HTWWW but getting the FULL show as a board would be absolutely amazing. At any rate, it'd be quite the upgrade over the audience source we have for it now.

I'd be very very very VERY interested in just about any full '72 board. It could be Tokyo or Charlotte, I'd be giddy as a schoolgirl. We can only hope any of this, from Blueberry Hill to a '72 sbd will materialize one day.

7 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

Ignore him. He's a hypocrite. When the LTTE alternate source popped up a couple of years ago, he had a complete meltdown because the taper wouldn't give his master tapes to him (and him alone) so he could work his "magic" on them and polish them up. If that's not the epitome of the "gimme gimme" attitude he claims to rail against, then I don't know what is.

When you put out three separate releases based on the same date you gotta be milking it for sure. Now I understand EV every few years re-releasing old sets. Im not sure if they remaster them or not but this isn't a problem to me. For example I would love a re-issue of the Australia and New Zealand tour boxset. There defidently a new releases needed but thats just my opinion.

7 hours ago, Sticks of Fire said:

I’d say EVSD is milking their tapes for all they can it’s been going on since the beginning of bootlegs

Whoops I meant to quote this one. Sorry about that if my message didn't make sense.

19 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

I can only laugh

Same here, especially given AA's history withing the Zeppelin community...

9 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

It wasn't me, you stupid asshole!

11 minutes ago, Nutrocker said:

Same here, especially given AA's history withing the Zeppelin community...

You're still missing me with that guy. Why are you so stubborn, hah? Perhaps not enough knowledge as to who is who...typical in such place.

I feel a bit bad that I have somewhat “fanned the flames” on this. Not really my style, so my apologies. I don’t really like being a keyboard warrior, but after a bad day at the office....and then coming home to have to “crowd manage” my seven and nine year old sons I guess I just unleashed. 

For the record, as much as I would like to be a teenager again, the reality is; 45yo male, wife, two kids, dog (Xolo), mortgage, degree, masters degree, middle management. Could afford EV releases (maybe), but simply can not justify it. Basically, they are the cost of a family trip to Bali for a week. I buy the more reasonably priced boots. 

A9713706-B026-4618-BA57-B986B8CD1356.jpeg

6 minutes ago, zepster1979 said:

So?

"There won't be any unmolested versions, this guy is a fuckin' arrogance type of man. I have enough of that shit in the community. You can throw me away from this forum for good. I am done." 

- you, two years ago

4 minutes ago, June72 said:

"There won't be any unmolested versions, this guy is a fuckin' arrogance type of man. I have enough of that shit in the community. You can throw me away from this forum for good. I am done." 

- you, two years ago

Jees...