New EVSD soundboard?

ZepHead315

3 hours ago, John M said:

I had recently been listening to the Led Zeppelin I companion disc of Paris Oct 1969.  It got me wondering (again!).  I realize the Osaka board tapes are incomplete and they are not multitracks,  but Paris 1969 is not a multitrack either as far as I know.  So, it seems to me that Jimmy could work on the Osaka board tapes and produce a very strong release.  I know he has said he wanted to release stuff that was not bootlegged but the Paris Oct 1969 show was out for years before the official release.  

Absolutely. The fidelity of Olympia show is much worse than most board tapes could be cleaned up and EQ'd. It's beyond frustrating at this point. 

21 hours ago, Mr_K said:

Cool upload! How can we get the rest? Someone will have to a How Japan Was Won.

I've been thinking to do it since I heard about the 928 board a few months ago. I may wait until we get the final reel of 929 so I can put everything together in this level of quality instead of using any of the old 929 stage source.

2 hours ago, 1998giventofly said:

I've been thinking to do it since I heard about the 928 board a few months ago. I may wait until we get the final reel of 929 so I can put everything together in this level of quality instead of using any of the old 929 stage source.

For a proper How The East Was Won you may wait until SBs of 923 & 924 pop up. But yes, a Best of Osaka seems to come into reach.

7 hours ago, Autumn Moon said:

For a proper How The East Was Won you may wait until SBs of 923 & 924 pop up. But yes, a Best of Osaka seems to come into reach.

That'd be a wild dream come true if the 923/924 boards also came out. For now at least, we know that there's enough material from 928/929 to put together a compilation, especially when we finally get WLL/TY from 929.

4 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Absolutely loving the acoustic set from the Osaka 28th board. 

The whole show is sweet and barely talked about and has always been overshadowed by 929.   But imagine if we had the last reel.  This show could eclipse 929!!!   I loving it too!!

Edited by Sticks of Fire

3 hours ago, Sticks of Fire said:

The whole show is sweet and barely talked about and has always been overshadowed by 929.   But imagine with we had the last reel.  This should could eclipse 929!!!   I loving it too!!

It is a pity Immigrant Song is missing from the 9-28 board;  on the audience tape Page starts to tease out the improvisations that get fully developed the next night.  All around both shows are must-hear;  if only they released Thank You for the 9-29 board!

6 hours ago, Sticks of Fire said:

The whole show is sweet and barely talked about and has always been overshadowed by 929.   But imagine if we had the last reel.  This show could eclipse 929!!!   I loving it too!!

The playing on the 28th is really outstanding and there are many unique moments in the interaction on songs like Heartbreaker, What Is, SIBLY, Dazed. Going To Cal is exceptional. Jimmy could easily cherry pick from the two Osaka tapes and put out a How The East Was Won. I still can't understand why it would take so long oh, but I'm hoping Something official or the rest of these soundboards surface next year for the 50th of the show.

2 hours ago, Sticks of Fire said:

This is what sucks about buying the initial EVSD releases.  Everyone is saying the discs are out of phase and the recording plays fast and even the speed is different between discs.  For $600 a pop that stuff should be perfection. 

I do like having a silver disc but have learned to wait for a more polished recording.  Moonchild will most certainly release something from this show 

15 minutes ago, gibsonfan159 said:

I'm confused, is the 9/28 soundboard complete or is it patched with audience sources?

The 9/28 board is incomplete. Empress Valley has only released the first and second reels. Looks like the sound engineers missed recording Immigrant Song and the first half of Heartbreaker, which is why those parts are incomplete on the first reel and are patched with the audience source. The third reel is the last third of the show, and has yet to be released, which is why it is also patched with the audience sources. 

21 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Absolutely loving the acoustic set from the Osaka 28th board. 

Yes, it is fantastic. Especially Down By The Riverside with great backing vocals by Bonzo. And most of all, for the first time you can hear Jimmy´s wonderful backing v. on the choruses of Tangerine in excellent sound quality.

20 hours ago, Sticks of Fire said:

Really love both of them, just another 19 months for the 50th anniversary (complete) release. 924 is another sleeping giant, hope for a SB version one day. Not to forget 923, of course.