New EVSD soundboard?

ZepHead315

5 hours ago, Autumn Moon said:

Yes, it is fantastic. Especially Down By The Riverside with great backing vocals by Bonzo. And most of all, for the first time you can hear Jimmy´s wonderful backing v. on the choruses of Tangerine in excellent sound quality.

Really love both of them, just another 19 months for the 50th anniversary (complete) release. 924 is another sleeping giant, hope for a SB version one day. Not to forget 923, of course.

If a release of all 5 nights from the SB happened i might sell a kidney.:sos:

It is still difficult to comprehend that the same band that played that version of Celebration Day followed it immediately with that version of the acoustic set.

Great music sometimes walks a fine line between genius and madness.  This version of Celebration Day does just that.  Talk about Dancing on the Precipice.

Can someone confirm if this release runs at the correct speed? I seem to remember that the original EV release of the 9/29 SB ran about 2% too fast and ledsox corrected it when they released their SB/AUD merge. Does the new 9/28 SB EV release run fast as well? If so I'll wait for the speed corrected version that someone will probably do. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Cosmic_Equilibrium said:

Can someone confirm if this release runs at the correct speed? I seem to remember that the original EV release of the 9/29 SB ran about 2% too fast and ledsox corrected it when they released their SB/AUD merge. Does the new 9/28 SB EV release run fast as well? If so I'll wait for the speed corrected version that someone will probably do. Thanks.

take a look at the description in the clip I posted above from YouTube by Led Zeppelin Rarities.  It states what was done in the remastering.

I still cannot really believe I am listening to this after all these years.  Of course I felt the same way when the 9-29 board was released.   And yes the 1975 Seattle March 21 board was also a revelation, but there are so many 1975 boards out there.  Having the two Osaka tapes from what is arguably the band's peak is such a treasure.

We don't have  WWL but what we now have is so amazing.

Listening to Down by the Riverside now.  Fantastic.  Can hear the guitar and organ so clearly.  What a moment.

5 hours ago, Cosmic_Equilibrium said:

I've been playing around with it, the raw tape itself (2CD set) runs 3% too fast. I believe the 3CD set version runs at the correct speed, as does the Led Zeppelin Rarities remaster.

You know how sometimes when you are listening to live Zeppelin and you realize that what you are hearing is beyond your comprehension that it actually happened, and you find yourself smiling and grinning and thinking "WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT ???!!!".  Well I was listening again (for the umpteenth time) to Celebration Day from the new soundboard of 9-28-71 and that happened to me.  I had listened to it alot of times and I have heard other blistering versions of this song, and yet there it was just boggling my mind all over again.

6 minutes ago, John M said:

You know how sometimes when you are listening to live Zeppelin and you realize that what you are hearing is beyond your comprehension that it actually happened, and you find yourself smiling and grinning and thinking "WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT ???!!!".  Well I was listening again (for the umpteenth time) to Celebration Day from the new soundboard of 9-28-71 and that happened to me.  I had listened to it alot of times and I have heard other blistering versions of this song, and yet there it was just boggling my mind all over again.

Jones is hot as hell!! His bass line is astounding.

49 minutes ago, John M said:

Been sayin this on this forum for a few years now.  Inside the craptastic AUD recording was a best ever Celebration Day.  The little start/stop interplay near the ending between Page and Jones and Bonham can’t be beat.  It’s so awesome!!   This release is a top tier ever recording/concert of Zeppelin!

Edited by Sticks of Fire

1 hour ago, John M said:

I am really enjoying the very laid back and very lengthy Going to California.  It is like hearing the song in a whole new light.

Yep, and it puts the lengthy version of 929 GTC in a new perspective.... After Bonzo's disappearance after 929's Celebration  Day I always thought they were 'milking' the acoustic set a bit, but hey... they were actually in campfire modus, just relaxing and enjoying themselves. 'Bless your socks!'😋 

• 2 years later...

Resurrecting this thread.....is one due from the folks at EVSD....or has the well possiby run dry? There was that snippet from Please Please Me from the 29/9/71 show (we only have 2/3 of it in soundboard quality). Possibly the next release?

Just curious  - is the feeling that one will be released before Christmas....and if so, which one?