New EVSD soundboard?

ZepHead315

9 hours ago, strombringer101 said:

Dick head listen up.

they deleted the thread, you are overwhelmingly stupid for criticism on people who didn’t care about Bootlegs of a concert.  Do you think I really care what others in this forum think about my opinions about a Led Zeppelin bootleg or Led Zeppelin concert I am just stating facts that many many people told me about that show it was all the hype lacking  substance   there of course there were some great shows that were magically captured on bootleg but of it now so who cares if I Pointed out many people who saw Led Zeppelin in 77 have said. 

By today, you are in my ignore list. I hope the moderators will realize you have two accounts. End of the conversation.

14 hours ago, rm2551 said:

So if they do indeed release a partial SB to begin with (a song or two) and reserve the rest for future releases - does this indicate a new pattern we can expect from now on? Any new releases will be chopped up and drip fed out? Gawd I hope not......

I'm afraid so, most likely.  They're going to drag out any releases, with samplers and teasers and such, until they can make enough money from egregiously-priced re-releases on top of the new soundboard (something that only hardcore collectors will patron).  Unfortunately it's the only way they can really make money, because with a general release of the soundboard itself, it will get uploaded almost immediately, completely killing their market.  However, I do believe they have the entirety of the LA 75 shows (plus Houston, 1st San Diego, and 2nd Long Beach, and the remaining May 77 shows), so we will eventually get a complete one later this year.  With Osaka last year, I believe they simply don't have the complete show and released what they have.

6 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Unfortunately it's the only way they can really make money, because with a general release of the soundboard itself, it will get uploaded almost immediately, completely killing their market.

Couldn't they do a pre-order system where orders are fullfilled only when enough units are sold? Granted I have no idea of the size of their market and whether that would fly.

12 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Couldn't they do a pre-order system where orders are fullfilled only when enough units are sold? Granted I have no idea of the size of their market and whether that would fly.

Yes, this idea was discussed on the recent LA75 Soundboard thread.  Definitely plausible, but then people would have their money tied up in one way or another waiting for the order list to grow to sufficient size.  Since EV hasn't opted to go this route, probably we can conclude that this market simply isn't big enough.  

• 6 months later...

Just had this discussion on RO. While I wouldn't complain about a Philadelphia '75 board, please for the love of fuck could they just release ANYTHING from '72? Spare 1968, it's the only year that we haven't a single soundboard from. The 1972 US Tour was one of the band's very best peaks, any board from the era would be massively appreciated.

1 hour ago, 1998giventofly said:

^^ The post took out my response for some reason? Anyways, if it's Osaka 929 part 2, I'll give them a kidney for a copy...

Don´t be too generous with your organs, what if  928 turns up?

45 minutes ago, June72 said:

Just had this discussion on RO. While I wouldn't complain about a Philadelphia '75 board, please for the love of fuck could they just release ANYTHING from '72? Spare 1968, it's the only year that we haven't a single soundboard from. The 1972 US Tour was one of the band's very best peaks, any board from the era would be massively appreciated.

Yes, Seattle would be gorgeous!

1 hour ago, June72 said:

Agreed. I'm sick of these 75 boards, and the only ones I'd truly be interested in would be Philadelphia 2/8, Long Beach 3/12, or something from the January shows when the setlist was different. The optimist in me hopes this is the rest of the 9/29/71 board or more of 9/28 (seriously, what the hell happened to that one? It's like they totally forgot about it). The pessimist in me worries that this is another teaser from Japan 71 (or even something like 1975) that only has one or two tracks.

Ultimately, I'll take what I can get of course, and I guess we should be thankful that any release is happening at all.

2 hours ago, June72 said:

THIS. . 

Nothing from 75 when Percy was sick please. . 

41 minutes ago, Xolo1974 said:

Can’t see it being the rest of the Osaka show. Surely there would have been much more of a fanfare or lead up to exploit the Christmas market. An additional drip fed single perhaps? Or maybe some more of the LA 75 board? 

They still have the 10CD Box of the LA 75 Millard tapes for sale, and the samples I heard sound awesome. Can’t imagine them releasing LA 75 content given how recent that box was.

Come on everybody. Long Beach 3/12/75. Let’s will this thing into existence.

3 hours ago, pluribus said:

They still have the 10CD Box of the LA 75 Millard tapes for sale, and the samples I heard sound awesome. Can’t imagine them releasing LA 75 content given how recent that box was.

Come on everybody. Long Beach 3/12/75. Let’s will this thing into existence.

Agreed. Minn 75, perhaps...they may have acquired it  I would love to hear that setlist. 

On 12/2/2019 at 4:55 PM, June72 said:

I think the fact that nothing exists from 72 in soundboard form kills any possibility of anything actually existing. There was just no one who plugged into the soundboard that year for whatever reason. Grant must've been running the mixing board that year. 

7 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

I think the fact that nothing exists from 72 in soundboard form kills any possibility of anything actually existing. There was just no one who plugged into the soundboard that year for whatever reason. Grant must've been running the mixing board that year. 

"

Since we know at least a couple of summer 1971 board tapes exist, I still hold out hope like bluecongo said that the 70 (where possible like MSG) and 71-72 board tapes were not conveniently available for the thieves to locate at Jimmy's home. Think about it logically. We have a bunch of UK 72-73, Europe 73, and US 73 boards as well as 1980. That's the bulk of what they stole 30 years ago. We are getting 1975 shows through the Showco connection, and we know the 1977 tour would have a board tape from every night yet we only have a few shows in the 30 years since the big heist. So they clearly didn't find the 1977 tapes. But nothing from before the UK 1972 tour other than a couple of 1971 US shows. I firmly believe the best is yet to come for fans of 1970-72 and 1977!

"

Quote from Ram4 on RO. This is keeping me optimistic, as it truly makes no sense that all these soundboards from January '73 exist yet nothing from the same tour in November or December.

1 hour ago, June72 said:

"

Since we know at least a couple of summer 1971 board tapes exist, I still hold out hope like bluecongo said that the 70 (where possible like MSG) and 71-72 board tapes were not conveniently available for the thieves to locate at Jimmy's home. Think about it logically. We have a bunch of UK 72-73, Europe 73, and US 73 boards as well as 1980. That's the bulk of what they stole 30 years ago. We are getting 1975 shows through the Showco connection, and we know the 1977 tour would have a board tape from every night yet we only have a few shows in the 30 years since the big heist. So they clearly didn't find the 1977 tapes. But nothing from before the UK 1972 tour other than a couple of 1971 US shows. I firmly believe the best is yet to come for fans of 1970-72 and 1977!

"

Quote from Ram4 on RO. This is keeping me optimistic, as it truly makes no sense that all these soundboards from January '73 exist yet nothing from the same tour in November or December.

I tend to agree, I've seen your arguments for it and I do think there's at least a FEW tapes out there. If the '71 boards exist I'm sure there's recordings from the '72 US Tour; even in the moment I feel like it'd be pretty hard for the band to ignore that they were on a ridiculous stretch of shows that NEEDED to be documented somehow. My hope is that there's at least something from the stretch run that began in Nassau on the 14th through the end of the month; the couple weeks beginning with the Nassau show have some of the finest performances of their entire career (the 14th itself, the 19th in Seattle, and the 25th to name the most obvious ones). All we can do is keep hoping!