New EVSD soundboard?

ZepHead315

On another note; if this show is believed to be multitracked, doesn't a crappy soundboard eliminate Page's involvement altogether? The likelihood of him releasing or even bothering with a flat soundboard would be very unlikely considering his unwavering attitude towards releasing severely edited products.

I think any notion that Page is responsible for this (or any other boot) is ridiculous. Not only had he been vehemently against boots from day one, he could undoubtedly afford to have even a dry soundboard touched up to a professional level (BBC Sessions). There's 0% chance that Page is involved.

21 minutes ago, Sticks of Fire said:

More than likely coming from the Japanese crew that recorded the shows for the Japanese division of Atlantic.  There as the great magazine article a few years ago describing how they recorded the shows.   

The Japanese crew recorded the multitracks. The releases we 're getting for 928 and 929 are plain soundboard tapes.

Edited by confounded_bridge

1 hour ago, confounded_bridge said:

The Japanese crew recorded the multitracks. The releases we 're getting for 928 and 929 are plain soundboard tapes.

Maybe...could be the multitracks mixed down to mono for cassette copies.  

Could be they also set up an extra deck just to record a rawfeed maybe for monitoring purposes

Edited by Sticks of Fire

On 12/5/2019 at 8:02 PM, John M said:

If the release is the 9/28/71 soundboard here's hoping that Celebration  Day is included.  And not to be too greedy but how about C'mon Everybody and High Heel Sneakers too. 

I reckon they might be pretty much the same songs as those released for the 29th....as it will likely mean that the demand will stay high for the remainders of both the 28th and 29th. 

But here’s hoping we do get a bit of variety in the track listing. 

EVSD is releasing the 928 show in 3 formats as usual:

• Please Please Me Ultimate Rare Promo Collector's Box - 6CD box with obi including
    • soundboard recording
    • a mix of the soundboard and audience sources from September 28th, 1971 show
    • special bonus disc featuring various rare live performances of Beatles songs from few different locations. Each CD set is housed in special paper cases inside an exquisite box. This set is limited to 100 copies only.
  • God Save the Queen Extremely Rare Collector's Box - 5CD box with obi including
    • soundboard recording
    • a mix of the soundboard and audience sources from September 28th, 1971 show only. Each CD set is housed in special paper cases inside an exquisite box. This set is also limited to 100 copies only.
  • Extremely Ltd Standard Set - 3CD paper case edition with obi
    • features a mix of the soundboard and audience sources to provide a complete version of this awesome show. This set is limited to 200 copies only.

Due to be released before Christmas, so my guess is it will hopefully be delivered early January...

(Info: courtesy http://www.argenteumastrum.com website)

"special bonus disc featuring various rare live performances of Beatles songs from few different locations"

Thinks... if that includes "Twist & Shout" from 929 and is from the unreleased soundboard portion (if it exists) then at least we know there is more to come. If not we continue to know what we don't know, or not know what we would like to!!

It's late. Nurse, the screens...

35 minutes ago, nigelss said:

"special bonus disc featuring various rare live performances of Beatles songs from few different locations"

Thinks... if that includes "Twist & Shout" from 929 and is from the unreleased soundboard portion (if it exists) then at least we know there is more to come. If not we continue to know what we don't know, or not know what we would like to!!

Interesting, I followed you the whole way. The speculation is a little fun I'd say. I always hoped this show would emerge after hearing Black Dog, better sounding than 9/29 board I think, and intensely played too. Here's hoping!

47 minutes ago, nigelss said:

That’s a great way to see it.   If the Beatles songs from soundboards of 9/28 and 9/29 show up on this bonus disc but arent on the other releases then we know they are holding back and milking the cash cow.  

I have also been pondering over the previously escaped snippet of the 928 soundboard, Black Dog, which is in stereo. Why would the soundboard for 928 be in stereo and the soundboard for 929 be in mono given that they are consecutive nights using the same gear? What comes next is some amateur kite-flying so feel free to bring it crashing to earth. 😀 I *think* it was the Black Beauty BBS (in japanese translated into 'orrible english) where I read some time ago that back in the day the japanese record company had the idea of releasing a single (or singles) from the recorded Zeppelin concerts. Four songs were envisaged as possibilities, one being Black Dog. Could it be that the already out Black Dog is actually a mix from the multitrack recording and not from the soundboard?

I am really sorry I cannot give a reference to the actual post I read but it would have been over a year ago, probably when all the talk was about the 929 soundboard. I thought it might be worth mentioning in this case because it might jog some memories somewhere.

Edited by nigelss

5 hours ago, John M said:

Today on Royal Orleans it was posted that the soon to be released 9/28/71 soundboard includes the set from a fragment of Heartbreaker through Moby Dick. 

If I had to guess, the person recording the show accidentally missed the beginning but I have a feeling the last part was recorded and is lost or being held back.

One thing for sure is; if we all live long enough we’ll be seeing more and more of the Japan 1971 soundboards & multitracks surface.

I’m sure there were at least 2 decks rolling if not a third:

1. Multitrack

2. Soundboard feed for the band

3. The crew doing the multitracks may have had another reel-to-reel deck set up for a raw feed.  (This is possibly where this soundboard is from).

Edited by Sticks of Fire

11 hours ago, John M said:

Today on Royal Orleans it was posted that the soon to be released 9/28/71 soundboard includes the set from a fragment of Heartbreaker through Moby Dick. 

Bummer that it doesn't contain Whole Lotta Love, but it'll be cool to hear Celebration Day and the unique acoustic set, not to mention the Please Please Me/From Me to You tease in soundboard quality.

2 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

Bummer that it doesn't contain Whole Lotta Love, but it'll be cool to hear Celebration Day and the unique acoustic set, not to mention the Please Please Me/From Me to You tease in soundboard quality.

Yes - and Down By the Riverside!

9 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

Coincidence that both soundboard releases have not included the Whole Lotta Love Medley? No way! They have it up their sleeve for a future release I reckon. I’m stoked that we’re getting a full acoustic set. Plus Friends from the 29th. That’s great! So excited 

3 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Coincidence that both soundboard releases have not included the Whole Lotta Love Medley? No way! They have it up their sleeve for a future release I reckon. I’m stoked that we’re getting a full acoustic set. Plus Friends from the 29th. That’s great! So excited 

Sure, but the question is, who is "they"?  The source surely has the complete shows, but I doubt EV does.  I'm skeptical we'll see the rest of these shows.  I'm actually more disappointed about TY and CB being left off 9-29 than WLL, to be honest.  Still, it's an exciting release, it's been a great year for live Zeppelin!

6 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Sure, but the question is, who is "they"?  The source surely has the complete shows, but I doubt EV does.  I'm skeptical we'll see the rest of these shows.  I'm actually more disappointed about TY and CB being left off 9-29 than WLL, to be honest.  Still, it's an exciting release, it's been a great year for live Zeppelin!

Yep, it’s been a great year. I’m interested, why are you skeptical they will be released? Surely this just follows the model so far for the release of 29/9/71 I.e drip feeding the fans the songs in chunks or individually? Also, whoever does have boards....when there is money to be made........