New EVSD soundboard?

ZepHead315

43 minutes ago, Sticks of Fire said:

OMG!   The taper says he and his friends shot 12 rolls of 8mm film.   That possibly 36 minutes!!

Zephead315 at the Hotel found this...might be a new audio source as well

Awesome! Thank you for posting that. ✌🏼

2 hours ago, The Only Way To Fly said:

Totally agree - long shots, great audio too. It's a shame it's just a tad out of focus. I hope it can be brightened and brought into better focus. A real treat for sure! 

Yeah, this is a really cool find. It was posted over a year ago. Where's the rest?? 

Jeez that clapping is brutal, on 1 and 3 for all of Mary Lou!! 

Edited by porgie66

22 hours ago, Sticks of Fire said:

OMG!   The taper says he and his friends shot 12 rolls of 8mm film.   That possibly 36 minutes!!

Zephead315 at the Hotel found this...might be a new audio source as well

Also on that channel is bits of a new audience source for 1972.10.02 Tokyo in excellent quality.

I just sent a message to the uploader asking if he would be at all interested in sharing/transferring the films and/or the recording. I gave him my email address in case he wants to talk in private. If he's interested, I'm wondering if I can get him in touch with someone who can help with the transfer of the tapes. Has anyone been able to determine if this is one of the old audio sources or something brand new? I just listened to the "First Attack of the Rising of the Sun" and "Flying Rock Carnival" and it doesn't sound like either one. Regardless, I'm so happy the uploader shared the link to this. Amazing how stuff like this can just surface after all these years.

1 hour ago, ZepHead315 said:

I just sent a message to the uploader asking if he would be at all interested in sharing/transferring the films and/or the recording. I gave him my email address in case he wants to talk in private. If he's interested, I'm wondering if I can get him in touch with someone who can help with the transfer of the tapes. Has anyone been able to determine if this is one of the old audio sources or something brand new? I just listened to the "First Attack of the Rising of the Sun" and "Flying Rock Carnival" and it doesn't sound like either one. Regardless, I'm so happy the uploader shared the link to this. Amazing how stuff like this can just surface after all these years.

Good luck to you on that, very encouraging stuff there, hope he's willing to work with you! 

5 minutes ago, Tainted cheese said:

Good luck to you on that, very encouraging stuff there, hope he's willing to work with you! 

By the sound of the original post, this guy actually originally reached out to ZepHead. With that in mind, I would think that he's very willing to share what he has. Fingers crossed!

4 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

Since he has already started communicating with you I think you have the best shot at getting the audio and 8mm films.   The ‘72 tape would nice nice but can wait for another day.

Try for the 1971 films first, then the 1971 audio next.    Or in a perfect world, get them all!!  😜👍😊

Edited by Sticks of Fire

Here is the email I got back from the uploader:

Hello. My name is "edihide46", which is HIDEO YAMADA.
I linked a video of TOKYO in '71. Thanks for the reply.
I am Japanese. I'm sorry, I'm not good at English, so it's a little difficult to talk

By the way, Led Zeppelin's film of the Tokyo performance is not available for public use at this time because I hate commercial use by someone else.
It is of course good to have JimmyPage himself see it.

However, I think that only a part of it can be made public.

The 8mm movie film I shot at TOKYO live in 1971 was silent, and it only lasted about 40 minutes. 1 Last year I applied my sound source to this and made a 47 minute video.
Over time, I want to make a full version with still images.

The sound source of Tokyo LIVE in 1972 is only a part, but the sound quality is good, so I will link to your "Led Zeppelin-Japan 1972 Compilation".

So, if I make something, I will contact you again.

I replied back to him saying that I understand and respect his wishes, and that if he changes his mind, let me know, and I can hopefully hook him up with someone who could help.

1 hour ago, ZepHead315 said:

Here is the email I got back from the uploader:

I replied back to him saying that I understand and respect his wishes, and that if he changes his mind, let me know, and I can hopefully hook him up with someone who could help.

Well done mate. You’ve done the right thing. Hopefully some of the entitled dickheads on this forum won’t give him a hard time and pressure him. 

On 12/5/2019 at 10:14 PM, Autumn Moon said:

By the way, I really hope EV  choose suitable pictures for the artwork of this upcoming 928 box.

The Bath picture on the flyer is plainly annoying.

Little did I know- in fact it is a exceptionally rare flyer for the 928 Osaka show, as told by a trusty Japanese source.

Well, the bandmember photos on the original posters for the Tokyo shows were from Bath as well.

Anyway, I´ll take the Standard edition, hopefully with a different cover.

9 hours ago, hindenburg6880 said:

Release announced for this Saturday, 8th Feb

Great, then I’ll be looking forward to the more reasonably priced Eelgrass release....and the subsequent fan merge of the boards from the 28th and 29th (for which I’ll be very grateful). Bummer that we still won’t have Whole Lotta Love in SBD quality. Still, we must be very grateful for what we get. 

13 hours ago, Xolo1974 said:

Great, then I’ll be looking forward to the more reasonably priced Eelgrass release....and the subsequent fan merge of the boards from the 28th and 29th (for which I’ll be very grateful). Bummer that we still won’t have Whole Lotta Love in SBD quality. Still, we must be very grateful for what we get. 

Absolutely agree! I love the aud, sb merge of the 29th and can't wait for the 28th.  I had given up all hope of any 71 sb s showing up so a 60% recording is exciting.  And still gives hope for more later

According to the thread on RO, these are scheduled to arrive on Saturday the 8th. Also, apparently what's being released (Heartbreaker fragment - Moby Dick) is "all that survives" of the tape.

However, I don't believe that at all. Perhaps that's all they can get (although again, highly doubt), but I believe some time ago they mentioned a release of Twist and Shout, which only appeared during the Whole Lotta Love medley the following night. If they have a soundboard for the next night's WLL, I have no clue what would prevent the previous night's from existing.

Could be that this 928 release is from the raw soundboard (like Orlando, Toronto, Hampton, Osaka 929 HTEWW) and not from the multi-tracks which are supposed to exist separately for both 928 and 929. 

If this 928 release does have Twist and Shout from 929 from the same source as the HTEWW soundboard, then we know for sure that they held WLL back. 

More likely is that the bonus disc of Beatles songs has things like I Saw Her Standing There from 9/4/70, Money from 6/19/72, Slow Down from 6/25/72, and the teases from 928 and 929 from the existing sources.

We'll probably never know what is in the hands of EV and what is not. IMO there is more from 929 SB source, but maybe EV couldn't work out a deal OR the supplier never got hold of those missing reels in the first place.  The availability of only one reel from Toronto and the two reels from Hampton (discussed elsewhere)is a giveaway  . 

From what I heard of the 928 SB (Black Dog), I 'm confident that this new release is also culled from the band's  Revox 1/4 " reel to reel deck patched to the mixing desk (just like EV's HTEWW 929, Hampton, Orlando, Toronto.).. and definetly not from the Warner Japan commisioned multi track  recordings. Besides being mono, the balance of the instruments is different (SB vs Multi dub) . What rendered the Japan multis 'useless' for commercial release , is the balance. Bonzo's cymbals being way too loud and piercing and Percy's vox too low in the louder parts of the show. In some period British interviews  Plant complained about the 'balance (of these Japan Live recordings) being as bad as a bootleg".... and 'We recorded ourselves with an ordinary Revox and achieved much better results'

Nuff said 

BTW with the aid pro tools most of the multi track's  deficiencies could be salvaged by adding the signal from the SB tapes, (just my two pence😎)

Edited by duckman

Hi Neil, I received a notification from Air Raid an hour ago...this night it will happen! 

and now fingers crossed the standard edition will feature suitable artwork, compared to the de-luxe editions.

Some 1977 Jimmy 'White Dragon Suit' or some Percy from Knebworth 79, maybe? LOL

Edited by duckman

Please Please Me EVSD-LTD Boxnew.gif
6CDs
real soundboard + excellent audience 3CDs
real soundboard 2CDs
LZ plays the Beatles songs 1CD
* 929SB "Twist & Shout" etc
Limited 100 copies / numbered

Just checked AirRaid, this was listed as the first new arrival. It seems we actually will be getting the new board source for Twist & Shout, so clearly EV does have the 929 WLL 🙄

8 hours ago, duckman said:

Hi Neil, I received a notification from Air Raid an hour ago...this night it will happen! 

and now fingers crossed the standard edition will feature suitable artwork, compared to the de-luxe editions.

Some 1977 Jimmy 'White Dragon Suit' or some Percy from Knebworth 79, maybe? LOL

Received an email also but I guess I pass this title (maybe the standard edition):

just on AirRaid:

"Please Please Me EVSD-LTD box" 6 cd's € 560,-

"God Save The Queen Box" 5 cd's € 368,-

"Live in Osaka" 3 cd's in a paper sleeve: € 178,-