Kashmir Pontiac

wordev1977

Is there anything that comes close to Plant's delivery of this particular performance of Kashmir it sounds as if he's singing this from 71 I guess that's why I always thought 77 was an extraordinary year for him compared to how much damage he had done at this point and after the 75 tour, Overall Robert has some amazing vocals in 77 like singing Over The Hills the closest to the studio version since 72 on the June 13th date in New York and the June 10th version of Heartbreaker. 

Is there any other vocal performances to anyone else that stand out from 77 just curious to hear other's thoughts on this.

10 hours ago, wordev1977 said:

Is there any other vocal performances to anyone else that stand out from 77 just curious to hear other's thoughts on this.

Nobody's Fault 4/27/77 - especially the ending.  Plant is over the top.

Kashmir 6/21/77

On 3/27/2019 at 12:40 AM, nick2632 said:

Since I've Been Loving You - LA 6-23-1977.

Definitely a great vocal performance from Robert, I keep listening to this tour on and off and I'm always surprised by how strong Robert is most of the tour.

On 3/25/2019 at 1:41 PM, wordev1977 said:

Kashmir from 6/21/77 is definitely my go to since the quality is so good but it’s been a long while since I’ve heard the Nobody’s Fault from the first Cleveland show thanks for the suggestion!

That version is solid but sounds very rushed to me. Kashmir should be played at a slow/medium pace to keep the correct mood.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2019 at 8:01 PM, wordev1977 said:

Is there anything that comes close to Plant's delivery of this particular performance of Kashmir

I listened to Pontiac Silverdome again and yes Plant is great on Kashmir.  I still cannot imagine what is was like to have been in the audience or on the stage that night with such a huge crowd.  The audience recording is better than I remembered.  

16 hours ago, John M said:

I listened to Pontiac Silverdome again and yes Plant is great on Kashmir.  I still cannot imagine what is was like to have been in the audience or on the stage that night with such a huge crowd.  The audience recording is better than I remembered.  

Definitely a night from 77 worth having a sound upgrade IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

I am listening to Zeppelin Kashmir 77’ Cleveland otherwise known as the Destroyer show. That has to be one of the best versions of Kashmir live for the 77’ tour without any flubs. Great performance from all the members, Robert always sang Kashmir his best on that  particular song.