Jimmy Page @ The MET In NY for the Play It Loud: Instruments of Rock and Roll exhibit

zeplz71

3 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

Funny picture, thanks for sharing. I like your fingers mirrowing on the Danelectro :thumbsup:

Omg,I didn’t even see that- good eye! I wish I could figure out how to put the picture, not that link.  Grr!

D27763B6-1187-4BE9-BF5F-B75A5955158F.jpeg

Edited by The Danelectro

10 hours ago, The Danelectro said:

This is a temporary exhibit through 10/1/19. 

....and the last time it was seen on stage, in public, being played by Page was...?

The point is the "remains in active use" is a little disingenuous.

40 minutes ago, woz70 said:

....and the last time it was seen on stage, in public, being played by Page was...?

The point is the "remains in active use" is a little disingenuous.

I absolutely get what you’re saying.  I’ve thought of the fact that pretty much everything we’ve seen him play is on display, so what’s he noodling around with at home?

He is 75 after all. Maybe he’s got issues he keeps private that prevent any and all of that.  We’ll never know. 

18 hours ago, The Danelectro said:

Because yours is way better and I want to steal it!

My pleasure ..it’s a shame I didn’t duck down a little bit so couldn’t see the guitar behind tho, but I was  trying to capture it full on !

Edited by Paganini

On 8/9/2019 at 4:28 AM, Paganini said:

That picture of Jimmy with the bow from the in exhibition video-at 75 he still looks cool doesn’t he !

ABSOLUTELY! Still holds it between middle and ring finger- seems so unnatural to me but hey, it’s been working great for him! 😁👍

49 minutes ago, The Danelectro said:

ABSOLUTELY! Still holds it between middle and ring finger- seems so unnatural to me but hey, it’s been working great for him! 😁👍

Yeah I thought that ..I’ve tried it myself --and have automatically held the bow between thumb and index finger👌Still , what do I know !?

• 1 month later...

I went back for a second time today, before it leaves NYC on 10/1. I missed the tele the first time, so I made darn sure to fawn over it for a bit.   And that dragon suit embroidery detail.  Wow.  

I captured the video for you - sure, it’s probably on YouTube but I recorded this with my own two little hands. 😊

AAE9217D-A2BF-41A5-9C09-169B02C747EE.jpeg

1051D256-011E-4EDA-BF38-32518FC3C6B3.jpeg

6A940819-1259-4CDE-A7CD-F32DB9936567.jpeg

Edited by The Danelectro