"In the Light" and "Everybody Makes it Through" mixed. How well does it work?

I made a mix of "In the Light" and the two versions of "Everybody Makes it Through" on my YouTube channel. While clearly this mix was never meant to exist, I'm curious to know what others think.
Does this union of two different versions work together? Do the harmonies work? Dare I ask, do the double lyrics work? 
The drone intro is a bit messy (due to how the tracks line up), but once the rest of the band picks up, it's more listenable

• Spesh531 changed the title to "In the Light" and "Everybody Makes it Through" mixed. How well does it work?
1 hour ago, JTM said:

Anyway what's with official material on YouTube, is this the way now, everything for free on legit "sites".. 

It's not like artists are exactly earning millions from physical media anymore. The record labels are free to monetize the videos and earn revenue off of ads. They can also block the video if they so choose. Beyond that the options for the artist earning money are streaming sites like Spotify or iTunes (which is nowhere near as popular as it once was). It's pretty much been this way since the days of Napster so it's not like this is anything new.

14 minutes ago, Brigante said:

By this point, most bands and record labels view youtube as free publicity, surely? 

Precisely. It (along with social media in general) helps artists gain exposure where they otherwise wouldn't and has helped to cut out the middleman so to speak (ie. aspiring musicians no longer have as much of an incentive to go around to record companies begging to be signed so they can get their music out to others). It's also a double-edged sword because these days, touring is the main way that artists earn money. Otherwise, they're getting table scraps. But these sites are here to stay (for now and the foreseeable future anyway) and the situation isn't going to change, so the artists and labels might as well embrace them for what they are.

Archived