What's the weather like where you are?

madison

Another 35c day here. It's been between 35 (95) and 40 (104) all week - and humid as f_ck. 3 days in a row severe afternoon storms rolled through but it did remain way too hot through the night.

No relief for the weekend, but at least I get to go to White Water World with the family. :)

Almost makes me long for the few cold winter months we endure.

....almost. ;)

47 minutes ago, rm2551 said:

Another 35c day here. It's been between 35 (95) and 40 (104) all week - and humid as f_ck. 3 days in a row severe afternoon storms rolled through but it did remain way too hot through the night.

No relief for the weekend, but at least I get to go to White Water World with the family. :)

Almost makes me long for the few cold winter months we endure.

....almost. ;)

And those being..... ???

Did you ever get your garden sorted man?

1 minute ago, chillumpuffer said:

And those being..... ???

Did you ever get your garden sorted man?

May to August is cold at night and mild to cold of a day, although last year the winter seemed to have not really reared it's head at all. Got cold at night but every day was nice and warm (HOT in the sun, even through June/July), mostly dry. (freakin YAY - makes for nice weekend rides on my Yammy)

And yes, the nice sticky hot summer is bringing extra fruition to my garden. My missus has lettuces, parsley, rosemary (TONS), sage, chives, spring onions, a passionfruit vine creeping up over the chook pen, and nice snow peas. I have some herbs that are just starting to bloom.

Happy days bruh....

1 hour ago, rm2551 said:

May to August is cold at night and mild to cold of a day, although last year the winter seemed to have not really reared it's head at all. Got cold at night but every day was nice and warm (HOT in the sun, even through June/July), mostly dry. (freakin YAY - makes for nice weekend rides on my Yammy)

And yes, the nice sticky hot summer is bringing extra fruition to my garden. My missus has lettuces, parsley, rosemary (TONS), sage, chives, spring onions, a passionfruit vine creeping up over the chook pen, and nice snow peas. I have some herbs that are just starting to bloom.

Happy days bruh....

Indeed but it was the herb that was of most interest? You know?

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Freeyyaa said:

Don't you have central heating?

Yes Freeyyaa. Even though we live in the impoverished north of the country, we do have central heating. We have a woodburner in the lounge and gas central heating everywhere else. 

Inside is toast, outside is bitter. Snow and a biting easterly again. Country in lockdown. There has even been a cm snow in London. Oh yes don't we all know about it!!

28 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Same here JTM. Been snowing here for a few days now. Just been to the woodstore and the snow is over my boots !!

Photo is a bit of a cheat, it was my Mums garden a few tears back. I did have a nice  three/four inches Tuesday morn of dry powdery snow that lasted most of the day before melting away. It's snowing now, looks like it'll be coming down for a while yet.. Local forecast predicts light flurries 'til 10pm..

4 hours ago, SuperDave said:

Not bad now but a massive Nor'easter is on our doorstep with lots of rain and wind overnight and all day tomorrow.  Will be too warm for snow in the 40's but upper NY state will be getting a lot of snow.

The rain is just beginning here (suburban Philly). All rain for the whole storm, but lots of wind (just like everywhere else in the Northeast).

Stay safe, New England - hang in there...

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Apparently there will be 60-80 mph winds and possible snow when we board our bus tomorrow morning to head beck to the warmth of central Florida. Not looking forward to that shit! 

Be very careful you don't drive into a swamp. I hear there are a lot of swamps in Florida. Swamps and hurricanes.

23 hours ago, ForEvermore said:

The rain is just beginning here (suburban Philly). All rain for the whole storm, but lots of wind (just like everywhere else in the Northeast).

Stay safe, New England - hang in there...

...and I was wrong! It started as rain, but we got nearly 5 inches of snow too! :o So much wind and snow that we lost power for about 4 hours...

But, please stay safe, New England - you are definitely getting the worst.

Another Nor'easter coming our way tonight with probably a foot of snow!  Can't wait until this crap is over with and the warm temps of Spring arrive!

Here is a funny video regarding snowstorms and the way some deal with it.  It's meant to be comical, but it is more like reality!