What's the weather like where you are?

madison

We got 9 inches of snow over the weekend....a high of 6 degrees yesterday and this morning, it was minus 9 degrees!  Forecast shows below average temps through all of this week and next weekend.  I need to buy an SUV and increase my carbon footprint to speed up that global warming.  

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Fucking wild !!! Windy with heavy rain. Been like this for a few days. Knew we would pay for a warm sunny Feb.

Wait until this “bomb cyclone” that’s about to ravage the Midwest US gets across the pond. Apparently it has a pressure drop of over 24 millibars over 24 hours - intense! Basically a low grade hurricane cruising through the Rockies, then the northern/central plains of the US. Crazy...

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Wait until this “bomb cyclone” that’s about to ravage the Midwest US gets across the pond. Apparently it has a pressure drop of over 24 millibars over 24 hours - intense! Basically a low grade hurricane cruising through the Rockies, then the northern/central plains of the US. Crazy...

We very, very rarely get anything like here Chuck. These storms downgrade over the cold sea before it reaches us. Apparently things will settle down next week and there are rumours that the golden ball will come out. I hope so anyway as I need a round of golf !

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

We very, very rarely get anything like here Chuck. These storms downgrade over the cold sea before it reaches us. Apparently things will settle down next week and there are rumours that the golden ball will come out. I hope so anyway as I need a round of golf !

Crazy that this storm is getting stronger as it crosses land! But you’re right - the cold seas will knock it down a peg or two

80 here today. Going to Junior’s waterpolo match tonight - outdoors - so weather should be perfect!

52 minutes ago, Walter said:

Crazy that this storm is getting stronger as it crosses land! But you’re right - the cold seas will knock it down a peg or two

80 here today. Going to Junior’s waterpolo match tonight - outdoors - so weather should be perfect!

Good luck to Junior Chuck. Outdoor Waterpolo - never in a million years here. :D

After a beautiful sunny February (up to 22C :blink:) with the most beautiful sunrises and sunsets for weeks, March is horrible. Cold (down to 0C), heavy rain, heavy storms, thunderstorms (in March, crazy).

BUT: no party people crowding the city :thumbsup:

Finally the rain has come. Front lawn has gone from dead brown dust bowl to half green with lots of new green shoots.

so 2 days of pretty solid rain, and now humidity is off the charts - still high 20's without the sun.

Such a beautiful morning. Quite cold, the puddles are frozen, but the light and the air are awesome. And the birds are singing like crazy, they are in full rainforest mode.

I should spend this morning in a nice Café, with a huge cappuccino and a croissant. :coffee:    But the coffee in my office is ok and all the colleagues are in a fantastic mood, so, nothing to complain.